• This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
We are avid readers and have thousands of books. Last year, I was going to organize them, and was trying to decide whether to go with the Dewey Decimal system or the Library of Congress method. I never actually got around to it, but researching those made me appreciate the people that get a degree in Library and Information Science.

Yes, tis the season of being forced to buy gifts either off of someone's "wish list" or being forced to buy gifts for someone that won't tell you what they want. And never believe anyone that tells you they don't want anything, because while they may not want anything in particular, they do expect something. Every year I tell my family that it's the last year I'm doing all of the holiday madness, but every year I end up doing it again anyway. It's a vicious cycle.
I am the "I want nothing" person. Last year I made my mother BRING BACK the thing she got me (Amazon Echo I told her over and over and over and over for months that I would not want and would never use and would never accept b/c IT'S A SPY :tinfoil: )

We have 10 nibblings to buy for so thankfully the adults (OTHER THAN MY MOM) don't buy each other things. And I abstained from every secret Santa.

My grinch heart will not grow any sizes this year, it will stay grinchy.

edit: Ok so I just realized this makes me look like I don't want to buy for the kids. I do, but they're all diff ages now, the oldest is almost in her twenties and the youngest are infant twins. They are all different amounts of ungrateful, some of them are great, but we obviously must buy for all of them and it gets expensive.

Last edited:

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: [Only currently employed] Survey Series: Athletic Brand Perceptions and Personal Experiences(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Johnson School BSL [A708YWZMMMGCY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.08] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=4.52] [Comm=3.15] [Fair=4.23] [Reviews=73] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 30:00
Available: 45
Description: Only people CURRENTLY EMPLOYED are eligible to participate. Topics may include personal fitness, work life, etc
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Reactions: LucyO

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
The Choice Lab

Short reading/writing assignments (FACW 57)
3CRC4NO2BI0JFINBVFBJ3IKT53J0S7
  • fa_10 DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) > 98,
  • Location EqualTo US,
All I want for Christmas is my Choice Lab disqual to be lifted and for them to post everyday for at least the next six months.

I am the "I want nothing" person. Last year I made my mother BRING BACK the thing she got me (Amazon Echo I told her over and over and over and over for months that I would not want and would never use and would never accept b/c IT'S A SPY :tinfoil: )

We have 10 nibblings to buy for so thankfully the adults (OTHER THAN MY MOM) don't buy each other things. And I abstained from every secret Santa.

My husband and I don't get anything for each other.

I suggested we just buy for the children and my dad's side of the family were appalled.

We normally get my in-laws a joint gift because they are in their 90s and already have every thing they want.

My mom's side of the family exchanges food. I'm the only person in my family that can make my grandma's candy and peanut butter fudge and every year since she's been gone, I've made batches for my entire family (and I have a ridiculous amount of family). It was kind of nice the first couple of years, but now they expect it and they expect it delivered on time.

And the thorn in my side. My best friend hosts a Christmas party every year and expects you to bring gifts for all the attendees. I don't really want to do it anymore, but it's too late to back out of it this year. I'm not bitter about it (yes, I am).

One year I'm going to save enough money to go on vacation from November to the end of January to avoid the madness.

XWarrior

Reaction score

edit: Ok so I just realized this makes me look like I don't want to buy for the kids. I do, but they're all diff ages now, the oldest is almost in her twenties and the youngest are infant twins. They are all different amounts of ungrateful, some of them are great, but we obviously must buy for all of them and it gets expensive.
It can get expensive and stressful, I just try to give "thoughtful" gifts to those close to me. It just has never seemed worth it to overextend financially, it can be tough with younger children no doubt about that. Although at times the only cards I get from people are from my dentist or doctor, so that might indicate to not pay that much attention to what I just said.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
It can get expensive and stressful, I just try to give "thoughtful" gifts to those close to me. It just has never seemed worth it to overextend financially, it can be tough with younger children no doubt about that. Although at times the only cards I get from people are from my dentist or doctor, so that might indicate to not pay that much attention to what I just said.
What about your insurance person? I get an ambiguous one from him every year.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
THANKFULLY one of my siblings kids love my "crafty" stuff, or at least pretend to, so they all get handcrafts every year (which is it's own nightmare of time/materials/effort etc) but the other ones want expensive stuff allllways.
Someday they'll all be grown up with 4 kids of their own and we'll have 700 grand-nibblings to buy thoughtful things for and I'll just run away to Tahiti.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know how we're going to do it this year, but the amount of nieces and nephews we have to buy for is a lot. Our limit is $10 for each because there's so many, but that adds up fast. If they're younger than five they get a toy or clothes, above that they get a $10 bill and a pile of candy. Sister-in-law has three kids and my brother has three kids and a girlfriend with a kid we're expected to buy for as well.
I'm very thankful our daughter is taken care of this Christmas though. ❤ ?
The adults in our family are aware of our circumstances this year, so they'll get a homemade treat. I can't decide on some sort of festive popcorn "recipe" or decorated, chocolate covered pretzels. Preferably both though.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
THANKFULLY one of my siblings kids love my "crafty" stuff, or at least pretend to, so they all get handcrafts every year (which is it's own nightmare of time/materials/effort etc) but the other ones want expensive stuff allllways.
Someday they'll all be grown up with 4 kids of their own and we'll have 700 grand-nibblings to buy thoughtful things for and I'll just run away to Tahiti.
Take me with you

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know how we're going to do it this year, but the amount of nieces and nephews we have to buy for is a lot. Our limit is $10 for each because there's so many, but that adds up fast. If they're younger than five they get a toy or clothes, above that they get a $10 bill and a pile of candy. Sister-in-law has three kids and my brother has three kids and a girlfriend with a kid we're expected to buy for as well.
I'm very thankful our daughter is taken care of this Christmas though. ❤ ?
The adults in our family are aware of our circumstances this year, so they'll get a homemade treat. I can't decide on some sort of festive popcorn "recipe" or decorated, chocolate covered pretzels. Preferably both though.
I don't know how people afford it. I buy for my kids and grandkids that's it. I have a ton of siblings and nieces and nephews. No way I could afford it. We all just get together and eat and have an ornament exchange. CHEAP and a good time

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know how people afford it. I buy for my kids and grandkids that's it. I have a ton of siblings and nieces and nephews. No way I could afford it. We all just get together and eat and have an ornament exchange. CHEAP and a good time
We don't remember how we initially got roped into it to be honest. I never even saw my aunts and uncles let alone got gifts from them. We keep saying we'll stop, but there's no delicate way to be like "nothing for you, children" lol

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
We don't remember how we initially got roped into it to be honest. I never even saw my aunts and uncles let alone got gifts from them. We keep saying we'll stop, but there's no delicate way to be like "nothing for you, children" lol
Good point!!!

XWarrior

Reaction score
I don't know, for what it's worth I've completed over 10 Choice Labs so far...
Seems to be 10-16 but I think there might be other factors in the mix, like with performance (improvement/scaling) and they still need fresh people for now.

Reactions: LucyO
Status
Not open for further replies.