12/10 - Top of the Pops Tuesday!

How many rejections do you have?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shellsy515

Reaction score
I actually caught a HIT! I think it's gonna be a rough day!
Title: Impressions of modules and politicians(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Eva Pietri [AS7U7S8Z3LSQC] (Req TV): $13.75/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.05] [Fair: 4.79] [Comm: 3.50] [Fast: 4.68]
Description:
Watch a short module, read about a politician and complete surveys
Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 27
Reward: $1.25
Qualifications: Exc: [418899665-186720] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

Reactions: XWarrior

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Do people learn about the dewy decimal system anymore ?
i did. i chased down a rabbit hole when i saw a national news story that people were misplacing a book in libraries (i.e. taking the book off the shelf where librarians properly placed it and move it somewhere else in the library). i looked it up in my local library online card catalog, wrote down its dewey decimal system number then got sidetracked what the number represented and was able to find a list of the index down to the tenths place to see what the book was classified as. It wasnt on the shelf where it should have been so i wasnt able to complete the rabbit hole to see if the library nerd stuff in the front pages of the book listed the dewey decimal number or not,

Reactions: XWarrior and LucyO

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Good Morning! I have to try and make my goal early so I can do stuff around here I've been neglecting. Half of my holiday decorations are still in the middle of the living room floor. I've only ordered some of the gifts I'm forced to fork over. I know there are appointments I'm supposed to keep at some point in the next couple of weeks, but I have no idea when or where they are. And, I'm sure there are bills I'm forgetting to pay.

Also, JanetW @JanetW I love your avatar! The one on the right looks like one of my fur-babies. :love:

XWarrior

Reaction score
i did. i chased down a rabbit hole when i saw a national news story that people were misplacing a book in libraries (i.e. taking the book off the shelf where librarians properly placed it and move it somewhere else in the library). i looked it up in my local library online card catalog, wrote down its dewey decimal system number then got sidetracked what the number represented and was able to find a list of the index down to the tenths place to see what the book was classified as. It wasnt on the shelf where it should have been so i wasnt able to complete the rabbit hole to see if the library nerd stuff in the front pages of the book listed the dewey decimal number or not,
Yes and it is still widely used (the system itself) but the children of today just use their Ipad and get information, even read or order books. Some schools still give a brief overview of it during a library tour. Where I grew up all the kids have tablets now, ebooks and would get lost having to look things up at a library, just like GPS, if they have no GPS they would be lost, even with a good map.

Reactions: LucyO

JanetW

working and turking
Contributor
Survey Slayer
Reaction score
Good Morning! I have to try and make my goal early so I can do stuff around here I've been neglecting. Half of my holiday decorations are still in the middle of the living room floor. I've only ordered some of the gifts I'm forced to fork over. I know there are appointments I'm supposed to keep at some point in the next couple of weeks, but I have no idea when or where they are. And, I'm sure there are bills I'm forgetting to pay.

Also, JanetW @JanetW I love your avatar! The one on the right looks like one of my fur-babies. :love:
Thank you! They're brothers and are enjoying being under my daughter's Christmas tree. I'm also struggling to keep up these last couple of weeks!

• Love
Reactions: LucyO

dw33b

Wallaby
Reaction score
Yes and it is still widely used (the system itself) but the children of today just use their Ipad and get information, even read or order books. Some schools still give a brief overview of it during a library tour. Where I grew up all the kids have tablets now, ebooks and would get lost having to look things up at a library, just like GPS, if they have no GPS they would be lost, even with a good map.
We are so screwed once the EMPs fly or the poles switch. :tinfoil:

Reactions: LucyO and XWarrior

ekkirksey

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: User Test, Requires Windows or Mac, f637142d | PANDA
Requester: SoundingBox (Change Sciences Group) [A1DIWKR9NEY82N] (Req TV): $22.03/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Perform a user test on a website. It's fun and your opinion matters!
Time: 2 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; Study Group Exclusion - c63ecc7e-637c-4d3b-8890-9674d12dbae5 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US;

Easy to catch

Reactions: Despairagus

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Is anyone having issues with things taking a while to submit, return, etc? I'm having some lag idk what's going on.

I've only ordered some of the gifts I'm forced to fork over.
I felt that deep in my soul.

• Love
Reactions: LucyO and XWarrior

XWarrior

Reaction score
Is anyone having issues with things taking a while to submit, return, etc? I'm having some lag idk what's going on.
I did earlier, but not in the last hour or so, all smooth sailing. I did a reboot/reset of my network and system anyway though.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Do people learn about the dewy decimal system anymore ?
We are avid readers and have thousands of books. Last year, I was going to organize them, and was trying to decide whether to go with the Dewey Decimal system or the Library of Congress method. I never actually got around to it, but researching those made me appreciate the people that get a degree in Library and Information Science.

I felt that deep in my soul.
Yes, tis the season of being forced to buy gifts either off of someone's "wish list" or being forced to buy gifts for someone that won't tell you what they want. And never believe anyone that tells you they don't want anything, because while they may not want anything in particular, they do expect something. Every year I tell my family that it's the last year I'm doing all of the holiday madness, but every year I end up doing it again anyway. It's a vicious cycle.

XWarrior

Reaction score
The Choice Lab

Short reading/writing assignments (FACW 57)
3CRC4NO2BI0JFINBVFBJ3IKT53J0S7
  • fa_10 DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) > 98,
  • Location EqualTo US,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.