12/10 - Living Coral Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
Note: Requires a microphone.

Title: Answer a survey about a voice based search system | Accept
Requester: Carnegie Mellon University 007 [A2OT37KG1ZE4HX] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=1.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=null] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 45:00
Available: 1
Description: We are testing some voice based search systems and want you to try them and fill a short survey
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Neemo and Merovign

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
Title: Survey about capital taxation. $1.50 BONUS. | Accept
Requester: Cornelius Schneider [A304HJV9NV45AY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.47] [Pay=5.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=2.26] [Pen=3.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 3:00:00
Description: Please answer a series of short questions about your personal opinion on capital taxation.
Qualifications: Pilot Participation DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Neemo and Merovign

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Collect behavioral data using our App | Accept
Requester: Alessio Mauro [A28EB4Q9TBSUQD] Contact
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 3 days
Description: You'll be asked to download our Application and some training session to collect behavioral data about how you use the phone
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
So, new requester. Only 1 bad TO so, sometimes worth looking further into. Not this one. Any new persons, don't let the dollar, or the lack of qualifications required, draw you in. Where it says at the top you'll only be doing it a few seconds each day, not an entirely true statement. The TO review is not me.[/td][/tr] Had an interesting email exchange with the gentleman. All I can say is, wow. Happy to share if you care but, otherwise just dumbfounded. :\ I'm being as nice as possible with this review. It may not deserve it. But, I'm trying.

EDIT I hate to be negative but, this one deserves it.:(

Last edited:

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't get home until after 1am, made $5.60 in a little over an hour, now I desperately need sleep.

Feel a little better about taking the day off yesterday and the fact that I'm going to be a gone a big portion of the day Monday as well.

I probably shouldn't have told the universe that.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Also re: end of last thread, I would definitely get as much RAM as I could afford, because browsers are insane memory hogs and you can survive memory leaks a little longer. Don't go crazy but 16gb is where I will go when I upgrade this machine.

GPU Memory should not be an issue but kind of is, because basically you don't need a big gaming GPU but all modern GPUs should have 2gb RAM or more, and it *shouldn't* matter at all with browsing but I have noticed that somehow when you get up to 40-50 tabs open for some reason GPU RAM makes a difference. It may also be something *associated* with GPU RAM without actually using any, maybe it's just that display frames are so piggy nowadays that you can actually eat that 2GB all up.

I usually have 20-30 tabs open so my next machine will probably have a pair of Quadros or FirePros from a previous generation ($30-50) or I might get another 750Ti and run both (kind of low power cards). Few cards can support 4 monitors but most can support 3.

My integrated i3 graphics on my teeny tiny Optiplex 790 is doing okay, but you can't add a GPU and really practically can only run dual monitors. Technically I think I can run 3 displayport monitors chained but that's kind of like towing construction equipment behind an economy car.

I could use two machines but practically I'd want to have mTurk on one and everything else on the other, so I'd still lack screen real estate. Will probably build two identical machines set up for 4-6 monitors and just keep one as a backup (possibly mirror it nightly over my network, but I'm a geek so yeah).

The optiplex 790 was $40 BTW, and works find if you don't need that many screens. I would recommend dual as a minimum from my vast 1.5 month Turking experience.

This post was way longer than I intended. Sleep. Bye.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
when you get up to 40-50 tabs open for some reason
I usually have 20-30 tabs open Sleep. Bye.
:hilarious:
I don't know why but this literally has me laughing out loud, Not just an inserted, "lol". I'm sure it's because I need sleep too.
I think it's cause I'm weird and old, or something. When I'm turking, I have 2 pinned and 3 unpinned on my 'Finding HITs machine' and 2 open on my 'working HITs' machine. 3 monitors and a tv between the 2 so real estate is okay for me, especially since it all works as one machine when connected via keyboard/mouse sharing.

But, yeah, that many tabs and you'd need the RAM, I assume. I've never actually tried. I don't know if I know the address to 50 websites, lol.
I think the max I've ever had open is 8, maybe. I feel like an under-achiever now.:p

REALLY Not picking on you because whatever works for you, works for you. This is the perfect example of how what works for one person may or may not work for the next. I'd get lost over 10 tabs, I think. It just made me giggle and I don't know why I felt the need to share. Anyway, I think I'll take this as my cue, as well. Over-tired and getting silly/stupid. No point trying to HITs with these brains. Night all! :)

EDIT Anyway, thanks for making me smile.:D

Last edited:

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
:hilarious:
I don't know why but this literally has me laughing out loud, Not just an inserted, "lol". I'm sure it's because I need sleep too.
I think it's cause I'm weird and old, or something. When I'm turking, I have 2 pinned and 3 unpinned on my 'Finding HITs machine' and 2 open on my 'working HITs' machine. 3 monitors and a tv between the 2 so real estate is okay for me, especially since it all works as one machine when connected via keyboard/mouse sharing.

But, yeah, that many tabs and you'd need the RAM, I assume. I've never actually tried. I don't know if I know the address to 50 websites, lol.
I think the max I've ever had open is 8, maybe. I feel like an under-achiever now.:p

REALLY Not picking on you because whatever works for you, works for you. This is the perfect example of how what works for one person may or may not work for the next. I'd get lost over 10 tabs, I think. It just made me giggle and I don't know why I felt the need to share. Anyway, I think I'll take this as my cue, as well. Over-tired and getting silly/stupid. No point trying to HITs with these brains. Night all! :)

EDIT Anyway, thanks for making me smile.:D
How many is this?

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Money? lol it's mostly Ravelry :yarn:
"Welcome to the high stakes world of yarn. Where fortunes can be made and lost in an instant. This week on Unraveled, we meet, jklmnop @jklmnop ..."

Now I know why you pound so much coffee in the middle of the night. What time does the Southeast Asia Wool market start trading?:wink:
:ghost:This is a sheep. Not a ghost.

Last edited:

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
"Welcome to the high stakes world of yarn. Where fortunes can be made and lost in an instant. This week on Unraveled, we meet, jklmnop @jklmnop ..."

Now I know why you pound so much coffee in the middle of the night. What time does the Southeast Asia Wool market start trading?:wink:
:ghost:This is a sheep. Not a ghost.

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
I have seen these app testing HITs and I've been more than leery of downloading them. Seems like a easy vector for malware infection. There are easier ways to make $1.00 than potentially having to scrub down a half a dozen devices after some cryptokiddy makes a mess of them.

Title: Collect behavioral data using our App | Accept
Requester: Alessio Mauro [A28EB4Q9TBSUQD] Contact
TO2: No Reviews
Duration: 3 days
Description: You'll be asked to download our Application and some training session to collect behavioral data about how you use the phone
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
So, new requester. Only 1 bad TO so, sometimes worth looking further into. Not this one. Any new persons, don't let the dollar, or the lack of qualifications required, draw you in. Where it says at the top you'll only be doing it a few seconds each day, not an entirely true statement. The TO review is not me.[/td][/tr] Had an interesting email exchange with the gentleman. All I can say is, wow. Happy to share if you care but, otherwise just dumbfounded. :\ I'm being as nice as possible with this review. It may not deserve it. But, I'm trying.

EDIT I hate to be negative but, this one deserves it.:(

Last edited:

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Study of political opinion and perception of current US Presidential administration | Accept
Requester: Ture Vargas [A1JPK4COB02CSA] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.45] [Pay=4.36] [Fast=null] [Comm=1.00] [Rej=1] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.63] [Fast=4.32] [Comm=3.22] [Fair=4.67] [Reviews=39] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=11.33] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Duration: 1:00:00
Description: You will participate in the following activities: Watch a one-minute video clip, and then provide feedback on your opinion of the current US Presidential administration.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Time: 04:15 Hourly: $14.07[/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.