• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
That's really weird then that crime and violence is on the rise in England. More murders in London than NYC this year o.0
It has a bit to do with how things are classified, legally, as well. NYC had more than double the "homicides" just less homicides that could be classified as murder due to deals that they plead down to manslaughter, which would be a homicide but not a murder. Funny I've never looked into that.:)

But, it's still a big year for murder in London.

Last edited:
Reactions: JenniLeigh

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
It has a bit to do with how things are classified, legally, as well. NYC had more than double the "homicides" just less homicides that could be classified as murder due to pleaing down to manslaughter, which would be a homicide but not a murder. Funny I've never looked into that.:)

But, it's still a big year for murder in London.
All violent crime is on the rise. Including rape, burgleries, etc. :(

(and I'd have to find all the things I've been reading and see about murder/homicide... but I'm pretty sure that's reported/investigated since those sort of trials are often not finished within the year, except in extreme cases.)

Reactions: Jerami

HelloHello

Reaction score
Since I'm not working for another hour, no real reason, just an FYI for people who try to be frugal, like me. Dollar Store batteries(sunbeam and most panasonic) come 8 for a buck but, I go through all 8 in a little over a week, in my mouse.
I get 2 regular Duracells(not fancy High Drain or anything) for $3.99 at the convenience store across the street. Sounds like a shit price but, I get 2 full weeks out of 2 batteries. Yes, it's still cheaper to get 2 packs of 8 from the dollar store but, I can't help but take into account that I'd be "recycling" 16 batteries every 2 weeks. So, take it for what it's worth.:)
Good info.Thanks for posting. I am new to the wireless mouse thing and I assumed, as my batteries were going dead quickly, in my opinion, and I bought a cheapo mouse it was defective. HAH! So far the cheapo Rayovac batteries have been the best performers for me.

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
All violent crime is on the rise. Including rape, burgleries, etc. :(

(and I'd have to find all the things I've been reading and see about murder/homicide... but I'm pretty sure that's reported/investigated since those sort of trials are often not finished within the year, except in extreme cases.)
No idea really. You could be right. Didn't think they could classify it as a murder until someone is found guilty(extenuating circumstances causing the lower charge of manslaughter most times) but, I'm no lawyer. Either way, interesting statistic.

Last edited:
Reactions: JenniLeigh
Status
Not open for further replies.