12/06 - Tehran Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
Are they trying that abomination again? Oh boy...

Vocaroo
to upload
https://vocaroo.com/?upload

to record(if you need that)
https://vocaroo.com/
except they're going the other way with it this time...instead of wild and outrageous it's going to be family-friendly, everyone will salute the statists flag, no kneeling...basically bring the PG-Era to football....

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It's even worse, because now the league is set up to cater to conservatives IE: having rules where players have to stand for the anthem, etc. They're actively making a marketing push towards those disaffected by the NFL's perceived lack of patriotism.

Additionally, they aren't doing custom names on jerseys, no weird rules, etc. that at least made the first version unique.

A good thing they've done is hire Oliver Luck as commissioner, he's a good football mind. And Vince is simply a silent investor who will have nothing to do with operations and will only occassionally appear to speak about the league, whereas last time he made the league about himself.

Some issues: 1) Dick Ebersol (Vince's partner in the original XFL)'s son is starting a league that starts a year earlier, the AAF, so the XFL will be having trouble competing for players. 2) The new XFL will crack down and not allow players with criminal histories "of any kind - including a DUI" - so any chance of getting stars like Karim Hunt, etc. is out the window. 3) All but one of the teams will play in existing NFL markets. 4) Most of the teams will play in stadiums that are WAY too large (one will play in the Seahawks stadium, MetLife Stadium, etc). They should be playing in soccer or baseball stadiums (soccer ideally).

It's got disaster written all over it. But, apparently Vince has put up a half a billion dollars or something insane of his own money to keep it afloat beyond the first year or two. We'll see.
Well, it was a complete flop last time. $100M invested, $35M lost.
If it's got that much separation from the original(rules, relation to WWE, etc) they should have named it something else and completely removed it's association to one of the biggest sports flops in history.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Turking and my kid having to be at a school clear across town by 8 am has made me into someone I don't recognize.

I woke up on my own at 4:30 am. Felt fine. Was wide awake. Thought I might as well get up and be productive.

Then I realized what I was doing and thought, "Oh HELL TO THE NO! You're not getting out of bed this early! The heater isn't even on yet!"

Ugh. I laid there thinking about all the money I could be making or exercising I could be doing.

This must be part of getting old. Waking up hella early and wanting to fall asleep at 3 pm.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Too many existing NFL markets, and too many NFL-sized stadiums.

They're already making some of the same mistakes as last time, and have subtracted anything that was actually cool about the original league.
i know the houston team is playing in the Houston Cougars college stadium

and the dallas team is playing in the Rangers new baseball park? if i read it right

and i dont think being in existing nfl markets is nessarily a bad thing. especially playing in the NFL offseason. i like the Texans but i would also give the houston xfl team a chance too just because no other football is on :3

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My husband gets close to $2000 for an xmas bonus. (edit: of course..that's before taxes lol)
Hoping that'll stay the same next year because his company just sold to some other one lol

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It's even worse, because now the league is set up to cater to conservatives IE: having rules where players have to stand for the anthem, etc.
Much more appealing than that is not taking any players with a criminal record.

Reactions: rsclone and Peachy

chickenboneneck

Contributor
Reaction score
except they're going the other way with it this time...instead of wild and outrageous it's going to be family-friendly, everyone will salute the statists flag, no kneeling...basically bring the PG-Era to football....
Yep. Problem is the same people who left the NFL because of perceived disrespect to America are the same people who want the ultra violence and less rules in the game. They're going to be sorely disappointed to find that the XFL will probably be more "pansy-fied" than the NFL.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Much more appealing than that is not taking any players with a criminal record.
Good luck finding any players. They'll be recruiting at a mega church near you.

"...by age 18, 30% of black men, 26% of Hispanic men and 22% of white men have been arrested. By 23, those numbers climb to 49% for black men, 44% for Hispanic men and 38% for white men."

chickenboneneck

Contributor
Reaction score
$100 on them changing this rule when they want more viewers in the future
That's the problem. They've marketed as a league that will attract those right wingers who left the NFL after all the flag stuff.

Like I said, problems are 1) That's not as many people as they seem to think and 2) Those are the same people who lament the "pussyfication" of the NFL.

Not to mention that, and I have no science on this other than personal experience, but a PRETTY HUGE portion of those people who fall into those categories are pretty f'n racist. They don't want the criminals or the protesters, but they want good football, and they want it without criminals in a country where the typical demographic of a football player make them WAY more likely to have a criminal record, regardless of their character.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peachy

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
Good luck finding any players. They'll be recruiting at a mega church near you.

"...by age 18, 30% of black men, 26% of Hispanic men and 22% of white men have been arrested. By 23, those numbers climb to 49% for black men, 44% for Hispanic men and 38% for white men."
that's pretty sexist.....do the players all have to be men?

Reactions: C to the J
Status
Not open for further replies.