12/05 - Wellington Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

No beef wellington?

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Now I have a completely different HIT than the one that blew up last night. The timer *may* have run out on this one because it was short and I did a lot of typing, but the HIT shows up as submitted in MTS but not on Amazon. I apparently can't send a message to the R because "the website is invalid" or words to that effect. I have a completion code, though, and submitted it.

The HIT is still on the list, it just won't let me see the contents, so I can't send a message.

I got a bad feeling about this.

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
Now I have a completely different HIT than the one that blew up last night. The timer *may* have run out on this one because it was short and I did a lot of typing, but the HIT shows up as submitted in MTS but not on Amazon. I apparently can't send a message to the R because "the website is invalid" or words to that effect. I have a completion code, though, and submitted it.

The HIT is still on the list, it just won't let me see the contents, so I can't send a message.

I got a bad feeling about this.
Good morning.

That sounds weird. It doesn't happen very often, but sometimes I get a hiccup with submitting HITs that I think may be related to my internet connection. I'm on a DSL which is not the fastest thing in the world. It seems that I have the most problems during peak hours when everyone's at home after work. That's part of the reason I turk at 4:00 AM (also, I'm a bat...)

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
(also, I'm a bat...)
Well, it's nice to meet a bat who works online!

I'm normally very much a night person but when nights go really, really bad, maybe it's time to try days (even though my mornings are also a disaster, maybe there will be something left at 11 or noon).

I wish you much luck on the night shift!

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
Well, it's nice to meet a bat who works online!

I'm normally very much a night person but when nights go really, really bad, maybe it's time to try days (even though my mornings are also a disaster, maybe there will be something left at 11 or noon).

I wish you much luck on the night shift!
Thanks. I get up around 4:00 AM. Don't know why, but that's when the body says "get up and pee". I like seeing the sun come up too. If I'm sick and have a crappy night of sleep and I miss the sunrise I feel like I've missed out on something.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. I get up around 4:00 AM. Don't know why, but that's when the body says "get up and pee". I like seeing the sun come up too. If I'm sick and have a crappy night of sleep and I miss the sunrise I feel like I've missed out on something.
I lied, doing a few Natural Audio Captions before I go to sleep. I am definitely not a morning person, and generally I'm kind of useless for an hour or two after I get up (long medical story).

I am glad, however, that you got access back and you can now catch all that morning money I miss out on. :)

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
Beware $1.00 survey HIT "Answer a survey about different situations" does not have a submit button. It says the results were recorded but could not be submitted and the HIT now does not appear in my dashboard. I wonder how likely it is that this will be paid :poop:

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

cassius

Reaction score
Beware $1.00 survey HIT "Answer a survey about different situations" does not have a submit button. It says the results were recorded but could not be submitted and the HIT now does not appear in my dashboard. I wonder how likely it is that this will be paid :poop:
I found a submit button hidden under all of that amazon garbage about reporting the hit and stuff one day. then it became a matter of hitting the sweet spot on the the word submit to get it to work.

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
I found a submit button hidden under all of that amazon garbage about reporting the hit and stuff one day. then it became a matter of hitting the sweet spot on the the word submit to get it to work.
Great.

There's a lockout on the HIT saying that it can't be done again. Well, that sucks

cassius

Reaction score
Great.

There's a lockout on the HIT saying that it can't be done again. Well, that sucks
did you get a code? just send it to the requester with a pleasant note and explained what happened. if they have the info/survey info they might pay you.

Kliq

Reaction score
Title: Earn $.50 in approx 5 minutes! Complete some surveys for academic research. Should take 5 min. MAX(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Gizem [A34CB6KZ8MMV4H] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.62] [Pay=4.50] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.31] [Fast=4.33] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=18] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=null] [Pen=null] [Res=0%] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: MUST QUALIFY FOR THIS STUDY! In this short study (5 minutes), you will be shown asked questions about your wedding ceremony. This HIT pay $.50.
Qualifications: Exc: [119118-118529] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Great.

But, didn't you say it's "submitted" or "appears on my dashboard" and "the results were recorded"? If I'm reading that right, I don't see why you wouldn't be paid.

Also, the 'Enter' button works to submit most HITs.(TurkPrime and others) That's usually what I do after I enter a code. 80% of the time, 'Enter' works without having to find the 'submit' button.

As far as the 'Submit' button being "hidden" under the Amazon contact bar(footer), that was related to a problem with the 'Workspace Expander' script in MTS. If you used MTS, you had the problem but, it's been fixed(days ago).

Morning!:)

Last edited:

cassius

Reaction score
But, didn't you say it's "submitted" or "appears on my dashboard" and "the results were recorded"? If I'm reading that right, I don't see why you wouldn't be paid.

Also, the 'Enter' button works to submit most HITs.(TurkPrime and others) That's usually what I do after I enter a code. 80% of the time, 'Enter' works without having to find the 'submit' button.

As far as the 'Submit' button being "hidden" under the Amazon contact bar(footer), that was related to a problem with the 'Workspace Expander' script in MTS. If you used MTS, you had the problem but, it's been fixed(days ago).

Morning!:)
Beware $1.00 survey HIT "Answer a survey about different situations" does not have a submit button. It says the results were recorded but could not be submitted and the HIT now does not appear in my dashboard. I wonder how likely it is that this will be paid

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Beware $1.00 survey HIT "Answer a survey about different situations" does not have a submit button. It says the results were recorded but could not be submitted and the HIT now does not appear in my dashboard. I wonder how likely it is that this will be paid
Thank you. Too early to read correctly. Sorry:(

That's why I said"If I'm reading correctly" I wasn't lol

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I returned a hit yesterday because i couldn't find the submit button so it apparently is not really fixed who's ever problem it is.
Depends on if you're talking about the same problem with the same script. Also, you had to update MTS before it was fixed.
If it was a problem based on that and it wasn't fixed, you could go into MTS settings and turn off 'Workspace Expander' which would just turn off the offending script.(If your problem is due to that, which almost all were. Maybe you had another issue as well)

For anyone who uses the standalone 'Workspace Expander' script, or any clone, I don't know.

Last edited:

jan

Reaction score
Title: Rate the skill of a surgeon shown on a video clip | Accept
Requester: C-SATS, Inc [A15ZSKX8TUCGEU] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$6.49] [Pay=2.47] [Fast=4.16] [Comm=3.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.11] [Fast=4.64] [Comm=4.08] [Fair=4.32] [Reviews=106] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=5.29] [Pen=1.22 days] [Res=null] [Rec=40%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=2]
Reward: 0.98
Duration: 45:00
Available: 10
Description: This is a research study where you watch a video clip of a surgical procedure (no patient or surgeon identification is shown) and rate the skill level of the surgeon. (eJq4zzkpFYjzF7dwM)
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; C-SATS Block DoesNotExist ; C-SATS Block DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.