12/04 - Tokyo Tuesday!

What do you prefer when you eat pizza?

• Softer Crust

• Harder Crust

• I don't care, I just want pizza in my face.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

Last edited:
Reactions: NemoRolls and Sondi

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Forget everything nice I might have said about the David Elling $2 hits. I just submitted 3 in a row that weren't recorded and don't show up in the Dashboard. Sent a message but given how bad the last few days have been this is just another slap in the face.

Edit: Can a requester set something to expire on a certain day (midnight crossover) and that info doesn't show up on the Time Allotted?

Last edited:
Reactions: SherryNotShirley

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Forget everything nice I might have said about the David Elling $2 hits. I just submitted 3 in a row that weren't recorded and don't show up in the Dashboard. Sent a message but given how bad the last few days have been this is just another slap in the face.

Edit: Can a requester set something to expire on a certain day (midnight crossover) and that info doesn't show up on the Time Allotted?
If they don't show in the dashboard, it's an Mturk issue, not a requester issue. But, I'm assuming what happened, since the day just changed, is that you accepted them yesterday. They would show on yesterday's numbers. If not, once again, it would be a broken Mturk system, not a requester.

Your HITs show as submitted with no requester input. It's automated on Amazon's end. If it didn't work, a requester would have no control over that bit.

Good luck. I'm sure they're there. :)

If they really aren't, let me know and I can help you contact Amazon. I've seen small delays but, never real missing HITs.

Last edited:

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Good luck. I'm sure they're there. :)

If they really aren't, let me know and I can help you contact Amazon. I've seen small delays but, never real missing HITs.
If they are there, Imma be really POed about all the ones I threw back.

Nothing there yet, and there was at least one submitted before midnight that didn't show up on the dashboard or PE or HIT Tracker.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

In response to your edit, no. They can't do that. Time allotted is accurate, regardless or, separate, from the date or time. It's a time elapsed sort of deal, with a start point of you accepting and will continue to the end. Even if they "pulled" the job, they can't effect HITs that are already assigned.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
If they are there, Imma be really POed about all the ones I threw back.

Nothing there yet, and there was at least one submitted before midnight that didn't show up on the dashboard or PE or HIT Tracker.
I've never seen it happen, that they don't end up on your subbed HITs, from the dashboard. We were talking about this earlier, with another HIT. They always go to the day that they were accepted, regardless of when they were submitted. There can be small delays, on the change-over but, rare as hen's teeth.
I'm not talking about HIT Tracker, atm. May as well remove that from the discussion, as it's just a third party app and wouldn't really have anything to do with this. If that's where you are checking, I'd suggest not looking there and go to the source.
https://worker.mturk.com/status_details/2018-12-03

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
This happens pretty regular, that someone will lose track of a HIT, after 3am EST(midnight Amazon time). In all of those times, I've never seen one that couldn't be traced back to when it was accepted.

Suppose it could happen but, never seen it yet.:)

Try not to stress. I'm sure that's not helping.:) And, if they actually did disappear(which I really feel hasn't happened here, given what the time it coincidentally is), there would be record, especially if you run HITTracker, which you said you do. But, if there were proof in HITTracker, the subbed HITs are also there somewhere. Make sure to update HIT Tracker, both 45days and today only. Just because, if we were to look for it, it helps to have everything accurate.

Last edited:

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
HIT Tracker has 3 last night and 0 today. I did 4 last night and 3 after midnight, so... that means 4 are missing. There are 3 yesterday in the dashboard.

I know I'm kind of new but I recognize the submit button and the green "HIT submitted" message.

I wonder how many other HITs I'm missing over the last month.

Edit: So who do I contact at Amazon? Mind you it looks like I'm going to get an "I'm sorry, our system doesn't show anything" response.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, BTW.

Edit: And if I decide to test another one, is there anything I can do, that you can think of, apart from screenshots, to document the error?

Last edited:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
HIT Tracker has 3 last night and 0 today. I did 4 last night and 3 after midnight, so... that means 4 are missing. There are 3 yesterday in the dashboard.

I know I'm kind of new but I recognize the submit button and the green "HIT submitted" message.

No problem. To be clear, you accepted 3 after midnight?(Your post about them missing being at 12:30 so, within the 30 minutes before your first post so, between mindinght and 12:30?) Because, really this doesn't happen, ever. I'm not arguing, as I suppose anything could happen but, if it did happen this time, it definitely didn't happen multiple times.
This always happens on the change-over, with newer people. Happened to me. I found them.

Also, as I said, don't look at HIT Tracker. That doesn't matter right now, as it gets most of it's info from AMT.

EDIT I'm asking because it doesn't matter when you "did" them. Only when you accepted them.

Last edited:

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
No problem. To be clear, you accepted 3 after midnight?(Your post about them missing being at 12:30 so, within the 30 minutes before your first post so, between mindinght and 12:30?) Because, really this doesn't happen, ever. I'm not arguing, as I suppose anything could happen but, if it did happen this time, it definitely didn't happen multiple times.
This always happens on the change-over, with newer people. Happened to me. I found them.

Also, as I said, don't look at HIT Tracker. That doesn't matter right now, as it gets most of it's info from AMT.
All accepted before midnight (PandaCrazy). I can't see the times on the ones that are there, but I think there was one submitted somewhere around 11:30, three earlier than that, and then one at 11:55, 12:15, and 12:27 PST, which are not there. So maybe 3 and maybe 4, either one or two submitted before midnight and missing.

If stuff goes missing over midnight PST then I'm going to have to change procedures pretty seriously, though I guess not a lot of people do that. That seems the sort of thing that deserves a Big Red Warning.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
All accepted before midnight (PandaCrazy). I can't see the times on the ones that are there, but I think there was one submitted somewhere around 11:30, three earlier than that, and then one at 11:55, 12:15, and 12:27 PST, which are not there. So maybe 3 and maybe 4, either one or two submitted before midnight and missing.

If stuff goes missing over midnight PST then I'm going to have to change procedures pretty seriously, though I guess not a lot of people do that. That seems the sort of thing that deserves a Big Red Warning.
This isn't an issue that has happened or, does happen. If it did happen, it would be fixed immediately. 95% of my time on AMT is on the overnight. Never had a missing HIT that wasn't just because I couldn't locate it immediately. Hasn't happened to anyone else either, as far as I know. It just doesn't happen and, if it did, it would be a fixable fluke. If you want to send me a screenshot of yesterdays HITs from both dashboard and HIT Tracker, I'm happy to help you locate them. But, it's all automated. AMT would have HIT when you accepted, HIT Tracker can see all the HITs you've accepted, returned and submitted. If it didn't appear on the Dashboard, HIT Tracker would still have info on when you accepted it and if it were returned or, submitted or abandoned(expired). But, proof would be in HIT Tracker so, there would be a discrepancy between the 2.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Edit: So who do I contact at Amazon? Mind you it looks like I'm going to get an "I'm sorry, our system doesn't show anything" response.
In response to this EDIT, proof would be easily visible in HIT Tracker. You'd contact Amazon Mechanical mturk-worker-support@amazon.com but, really would suggest getting your proof lined up first. (If it happened, it's in HITTracker) and maybe having a second set of eyes look to confirm what you are seeing. But, that's up to you. Feel free to PM me if you need more help. We can get another Mentor or 2 to help, if that makes you feel better. Either way, let me know.

Last edited:

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
This isn't an issue that has happened or, does happen. If it did happen, it would be fixed immediately. 95% of my time on AMT is on the overnight. Never had a missing HIT that wasn't just because I couldn't locate it immediately. Hasn't happened to anyone else either, as far as I know. It just doesn't happen and, if it did, it would be a fixable fluke. If you want to send me a screenshot of yesterdays HITs from both dashboard and HIT Tracker, I'm happy to help you locate them. But, it's all automated. AMT would have HIT when you accepted, HIT Tracker can see all the HITs you've accepted, returned and submitted. If it didn't appear on the Dashboard, HIT Tracker would still have info on when you accepted it and if it were returned or, submitted or abandoned(expired). But, proof would be in HIT Tracker so, there would be a discrepancy between the 2.
There were only 7 HITs yesterday and 1 today. It's not a question of finding them. I can post screenshots but it won't be a long search. Neither shows times, so that makes it harder, but as I said none show for today.

I had to relog as I submitted one, and I thought that might have messed *that* one up, but not the rest. I don't remember the time but I mentioned it in last night's thread.

Interestingly HIT Tracker is missing all the returns I did after midnight, only showing one on 11-15. I have 20 in PandaCrazy right now and HT shows *1* assigned today. The HIT queue shows all of them. I suspect proof would not be in HIT Tracker, given that.

Edit: After a considerable delay, the assignments are showing up in Tracker. But not the missing submissions.

Last edited:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
There were only 7 HITs yesterday and 1 today. It's not a question of finding them. I can post screenshots but it won't be a long search. Neither shows times, so that makes it harder, but as I said none show for today.

I had to relog as I submitted one, and I thought that might have messed *that* one up, but not the rest. I don't remember the time but I mentioned it in last night's thread.

Interestingly HIT Tracker is missing all the returns I did after midnight, only showing one on 11-15. I have 20 in PandaCrazy right now and HT shows *1* assigned today. The HIT queue shows all of them. I suspect proof would not be in HIT Tracker, given that.
I'm sure you did but to confirm, have you clicked "Sync->Today and 45days" in HIT Tracker? You would have to do that to make sure today's HIT Tracker info is accurate since PandaCrazy and HIT Tracker don't communicate.

Last edited:

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure you did but to confirm, have you clicked "Sync->Today and 45days" in HIT Tracker? You would have to do that to make sure today's HIT Tracker info is accurate since PandaCrazy and HIT Tracker don't communicate.
It added one assigned but none of the 20 I returned. And, of course, not the missing submitted HITs.

Unless I find something really oddly useful in system events for the browser, I don't see how I can prove I submitted them unless the one I'm (barely) working on now fails and I get screenshots (and it fails in the same way).

I feel like I'm going to have to start screen recording all the time now. I mean it's not like car money but it was a chunk of work.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score

Edit: After a considerable delay, the assignments are showing up in Tracker. But not the missing submissions.
The relog could be your problem right there. Getting logged out can wreck a queue. I didn't catch what the timer was on these missing HITs, but no matter what any turking tool/script says, the ultimate record of whether you submitted HITs will be your AMT dashboard page. Anytime you have a concern about whether HITs are submitting, get a general webpage auto-refresh extension, set a tab on the dashboard on a regular interval and stick the line w/ your HIT count in a corner of the screen. Then you can spot check in real time. I've never heard of anyone prevailing over Amazon's record of events in this sort of dispute.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
The relog could be your problem right there. Getting logged out can wreck a queue. I didn't catch what the timer was on these missing HITs, but no matter what any turking tool/script says, the ultimate record of whether you submitted HITs will be your AMT dashboard page. Anytime you have a concern about whether HITs are submitting, get a general webpage auto-refresh extension, set a tab on the dashboard on a regular interval and stick the line w/ your HIT count in a corner of the screen. Then you can spot check in real time. I've never heard of anyone prevailing over Amazon's record of events in this sort of dispute.
Thanks for the input and help.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.