12/01 - Thai Kick Thursday!

Have you voted for Crowd Pleaser?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
Actually, those myths of Christmas replacing things like Yule and Saturnalia were put in place by Protestant preachers trying to turn people against the Catholic church because they didn't believe in such feasts and festivities, and wanted people to associate the Catholic's over-the-top-to-them celebrations with pagany, and sinful practices :)
I'm neither pagan, Catholic nor Protestant, so I have no agenda. I was referring to the evergreens, the candles, mistletoe, and a number of other things that were carry-overs from the pagan religions. The origin of Santa Claus is not related to the church either. The early Church let the people keep parts of the old religions, which is also why there are bunnies, chicks and eggs during the Easter holiday. Check out the history of the early RC Church in a reputable history book or a reputable site online.

Protestantism didn't arrive till the late 1500's, with Henry VIII.

Last edited:

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm neither pagan, Catholic nor Protestant, so I have no agenda. I was referring to the evergreens, the candles, mistletoe, and a number of other things that were carry-overs from the pagan religions. The origin of Santa Claus is not related to the church either. The early Church let the people keep parts of the old religions, which is also why there are bunnies, chicks and eggs during the Easter holiday. Check out the history of the early RC Church in a reputable history book or a reputable site online.
lol, I never said you had an agenda...

RaffRiffofTurk

The Lord of Darkness Until 8 AM
Contributor
Reaction score
I love how odd the Turk can be. Yesterday I did 29 HITs and made just under $15. I've done 4 HITs since server change tonight and made $5.75 already.

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
lol, I never said you had an agenda...
I know. I was prefacing my own comments as a way of saying I'm talking about known history, not religion.

Last edited:

Digital Nomad

Reaction score

Digital Nomad

Reaction score
Title: 2 min survey - Easy and Quick | PANDA
Requester: Kacey [A117BKL99M9WSD] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 2 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: -
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1886
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90;Location is US

RaffRiffofTurk

The Lord of Darkness Until 8 AM
Contributor
Reaction score
"There are things in the universe billions of years older than either of our races. They are vast, timeless. And if they are aware of us at all, it is as little more than ants. And we have as much chance of communicating with them as an ant has with us.

We know. We've tried. And we've learned that we can either stay out from underfoot, or be stepped on.

They are a mystery, and I am both terrified and reassured to know that there are still wonders in the universe – that we have not yet explained everything."

My thoughts on comprehending things beyond me.

Reactions: JenniLeigh

Digital Nomad

Reaction score
Title: Decide if he looks grumpy or happy as fast as you can! (5 min) | PANDA
Requester: liam kavanagh [A1ZGUK2O50CXLZ] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 2.55 Generosity
★★★★ 4.71 Fairness
★★★★ 4.60 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 18 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: You will be asked to identify friendly or hostile facial displays by pressing the correct key as fast as you can
Time: 16 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US

Status
Not open for further replies.