11/27 - Peachy Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpupjean

Reaction score
why is it when I have more than two hits going on Panda I get that maximum allowed whatever...... error. How can I do more than two on panda without getting that.

panda3303

Reaction score
Who decided to return their bonus from ETH DeScil?

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
why is it when I have more than two hits going on Panda I get that maximum allowed whatever...... error. How can I do more than two on panda without getting that.
Slow them down. :) How often are the PandA'ing, auto-refreshing? Do you have other things that are also requesting pages from Mturk? HM, HS, TM, PC, etc?

I run a couple of 2 sec PandAs and a 10 second one. If I add one more lower than 4 seconds, I get PREs sometimes, when the times are concurrent.
Results not typical. YMMV

EDIT Just to help you. Most people refer to them as PREs. (Page request error)

Last edited:
Reactions: Starslip

blackpupjean

Reaction score
Slow them down. :) How often are the PandA'ing, auto-refreshing? Do you have other things that are also requesting pages from Mturk? HM, HS, TM, PC, etc?

I run a couple of 2 sec PandAs and a 10 second one. If I add one more lower than 4 seconds, I get PREs sometimes, when the times are concurrent.
Results not typical. YMMV
I have hit scraper going, I'll try to diverse the panda times, cause I had them all going at 1 second.

blackpupjean

Reaction score
doing Peter Clark hits. Choose the correct one:

Most turkers do Peter Clark
Most turkers want to pull out their hair doing Peter Clark
Most turkers want to do anything but Peter Clark
Most turnpikes see trees

Last edited:

turkenator

━╤デ╦︻(▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)
Contributor
Reaction score
You can send approximately 1 page request per second. That includes HIT Scraper, pandas, working on HITs, queue order fix script, etc.

So you should be able to safely do one 1 second panda, or two 2 second pandas, or work on a batch and do one 2 second panda, or run a 5 second HS and do one 3 second panda and work a batch, or whatever. (rough guesstimates)

You just can't exceed about 1 per second total. Also, if you are working on a fast batch, turn off queue order fix script because it doubles your page requests when you submit a HIT.

Reactions: Starslip

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yes, I am returning what they asked for. Just good business sense to me plus other reasons that have to do with life experience.
Did they double bonus you or something?

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have hit scraper going, I'll try to diverse the panda times, cause I had them all going at 1 second.
I don't ever put them at one sec, personally, and there isn't much that I don't catch, if I want to. I don't feel it always has time to fly through the cloud, find the page's address and load it before that 1 second is up. Then It's says drop everything back to 1. Start again.
How many is all? I just told you what get's me PREs 1 @10 sec and 3@2 seconds and I can guarantee it.
1@ 10sec and 2 @2sec and I, rarely get PREs. Only If I'm also requesting pages.(Loading HITs, Updating HITDB, etc.)

blackpupjean

Reaction score
You can send approximately 1 page request per second. That includes HIT Scraper, pandas, working on HITs, queue order fix script, etc.

So you should be able to safely do one 1 second panda, or two 2 second pandas, or work on a batch and do one 2 second panda, or run a 5 second HS and do one 3 second panda and work a batch, or whatever. (rough guesstimates)

You just can't exceed about 1 per second total. Also, if you are working on a fast batch, turn off queue order fix script because it doubles your page requests when you submit a HIT.
Okay that's confusing, but I think I get the gist.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
i caught a zoltar
I thought they were going to take another week off
:punch:

Reactions: Drwho10

Twisted65

Reaction score
well no big Z batch today haha, time to get to the surveys I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.