11/26 - Time Out Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jijab

Reaction score
So I just did the last choice lab and while I was typing the strings I must have hit something on my keyboard that opened the experiment in a new window, but right at the same spot I had been working. I continued in the new window because I was afraid to close anything, but when I was done I got two different codes. One in the new window that I finished in and a different one in the old tab where I had started it.....I submitted with the new window code and sent them a message, but I'm wondering if this is gonna be an issue.:shrug:

• Grimacing
Reactions: scrmcasey

dreamyc

Reaction score
So I just did the last choice lab and while I was typing the strings I must have hit something on my keyboard that opened the experiment in a new window, but right at the same spot I had been working. I continued in the new window because I was afraid to close anything, but when I was done I got two different codes. One in the new window that I finished in and a different one in the old tab where I had started it.....I submitted with the new window code and sent them a message, but I'm wondering if this is gonna be an issue.:shrug:
this has happened to me, but I never noticed two different codes because I always just took the one from the new window and it was always fine! never got rejected and always got a decent bonus

Reactions: scrmcasey and jijab

jijab

Reaction score
this has happened to me, but I never noticed two different codes because I always just took the one from the new window and it was always fine! never got rejected and always got a decent bonus
That's good to hear. I was wondering how it might affect the bonus, but I can live with a smaller bonus I was mainly worried about a rejection.

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder how many turkers are out there that aren't a member of a forum/messageboard/fb group that look at those Choice Labs and say "Hell, I'm not gonna type all that crap for a dollar..." and return the HIT not knowing about the bonus situation.

ekkirksey

Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder how many turkers are out there that aren't a member of a forum/messageboard/fb group that look at those Choice Labs and say "Hell, I'm not gonna type all that crap for a dollar..." and return the HIT not knowing about the bonus situation.
National heroes is what they are

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
ok, all 3 choice labs I caught today worked for me and are completed. I'll have to see if the lockout qual comes later since I've done 12 total now.

I have to go to bed, so I'll pose this question and check back after I return from my doctor's appointment this afternoon for answers/possible discussion.

Is anyone successfully using a chromebook to do turking? I was thinking of getting a laptop so I could do some turking away from my desktop but laptops are pricier than I want so I have been looking into more affordable chromebooks and wonder if they work fine for surveys where a laptop/desktop is required, although I suppose a chromebook might be considered more a tablet despite the fact I've seen some with keyboards rather than just a touchscreen keyboard.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
ok, all 3 choice labs I caught today worked for me and are completed. I'll have to see if the lockout qual comes later since I've done 12 total now.

I have to go to bed, so I'll pose this question and check back after I return from my doctor's appointment this afternoon for answers/possible discussion.

Is anyone successfully using a chromebook to do turking? I was thinking of getting a laptop so I could do some turking away from my desktop but laptops are pricier than I want so I have been looking into more affordable chromebooks and wonder if they work fine for surveys where a laptop/desktop is required, although I suppose a chromebook might be considered more a tablet despite the fact I've seen some with keyboards rather than just a touchscreen keyboard.
I think CrazyCatLady @CrazyCatLady was using a chromebook.

PandaThief

Reaction score

That's all i have ever used since 2015, i cannot and will not turk without a touchscreen. Never had any problems with surveys or batches except inquiSHIT studies which i rarely ever do. Mines an Acer R11 with crazy good battery ,looking to upgrade next year though to a Pixel or Samsung

Reactions: savvy

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Good Morning!!! I finally caught those elusive Choice Labs today. I missed out on them last week, then didn't catch my Survey Comet yesterday like I should have. I'm hoping that catching those is a good sign for me today!

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

I forget why, but when I was in need of something temporary, I went with an HP Stream over Chromebook. They are very similar, but I had no issues with the Stream turking. It ran scripts and MTS just fine. I want to say it loaded Inquisit too, but it's been a few years so I can't remember for sure.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I think CrazyCatLady @CrazyCatLady was using a chromebook.
I forget why, but when I was in need of something temporary, I went with an HP Stream over Chromebook. They are very similar, but I had no issues with the Stream turking. It ran scripts and MTS just fine. I want to say it loaded Inquisit too, but it's been a few years so I can't remember for sure.

I'm pretty sure CrazyCatLady @CrazyCatLady has a HP Stream as she suggested that one to me a week or so ago.

Reactions: scrmcasey

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure CrazyCatLady @CrazyCatLady has a HP Stream as she suggested that one to me a week or so ago.
I ended up giving it to my teenager when I got a laptop to replace it and it's still going strong for her.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Smiley Survey(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Judith [A1FRTGKEV1IOXV]
TurkerView: [ $15.29 / hour ]
Description: In this study you will change the features of an online smiley to model facial expressions.
Duration: 30 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
[3BZN229KW6WTB8JU4BISFBMMCWA6DS]

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Good Morning! (very good, I got all 3 choice labs)

Title: Police Policies | Accept
Requester: Jeremy Pagan [A3JB3JIOWDOTAZ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.60] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=1.00] [Reviews=4] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: This study will examine community attitudes on police policies. The study could take up to 15 minutes.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Status
Not open for further replies.