11/24 - Selling Saturday!

Do you like whipped cream as a food topping?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
So true. Everyone gets all excited over 5 cent HITs. but that's trivial pay. Not worth thinking about in the scheme of things in this country. Even the best paid work on turk is piss poor money and would ordinarily be refused out there in normal-land. A 6.00 survey that takes an hour? Really? When your pay is less that flipping burgers, it's bad--and not good no matter how you rationalize it. When people get to the point of telling themselves that using an aggressive scrip or bot and running a scam is the only way to succeed, they're in trouble...and so are the rest of us. An acceptance of that attitude is ruinous to us all.
yea, but I can turk naked and no one judges me, however, I'm bored

alk69

Reaction score
It's no wonder Wal-Mart.com is so damn terrible now considering all these junk items we are categorizing.

I swear whenever I'm looking at anything there I give up within a few minutes because it's too hard to sort through all the Chinese crap......and I do that for living already anyway.
Damn, we're thinking in tandem today. Walmart's been trying to drive me nutty lately(and that might be easy) with their offerings I didn't ask for. No I don't want a framed picture of it! I want the damned thing itself! Clearly they are advertising stuff to get you to buy. Just like going into the grocery store to buy bread and milk. The bread is in one back corner and the milk is in the other. You must pass by all these tempting goodies to get what you came after. So you end up with a basket of beer, BBQ chicken, pastries and sale steaks and chocolate bars by the time you've reached checkout. Walmart puts the extras in with the searched items. It's not an error in programming. It's marketing.

ThatsNotMyName

Is it Nap time yet?
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn, we're thinking in tandem today. Walmart's been trying to drive me nutty lately(and that might be easy) with their offerings I didn't ask for. No I don't want a framed picture of it! I want the damned thing itself! Clearly they are advertising stuff to get you to buy. Just like going into the grocery store to buy bread and milk. The bread is in one back corner and the milk is in the other. You must pass by all these tempting goodies to get what you came after. So you end up with a basket of beer, BBQ chicken, pastries and sale steaks and chocolate bars by the time you've reached checkout. Walmart puts the extras in with the searched items. It's not an error in programming. It's marketing.
mmm, BBQ chicken sounds yummy.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Well now I'm hungry.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score

LumosDC

Reaction score
Trying to look at current/upcoming Lighting deals while doing Mturk.

Amazon totally borked the deal page and is nearly impossible to see what all lighting deals there are. Only shows a selected few within each category. How am supposed to spend the pennies I earn doing Mturk, if I can't find deals on what I may want to buy.

Reactions: C to the J

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
It's no wonder Wal-Mart.com is so damn terrible now considering all these junk items we are categorizing.

I swear whenever I'm looking at anything there I give up within a few minutes because it's too hard to sort through all the Chinese crap......and I do that for living already anyway.
I can barely do these. I have finally gotten better where I don't have to look up so many parts but these? I'm having to search them out and even then I don't get an answer on what they are. I was returning more than submitting so I finally gave up.

ThatsNotMyName

Is it Nap time yet?
Contributor
Reaction score
Trying to look at current/upcoming Lighting deals while doing Mturk.

Amazon totally borked the deal page and is nearly impossible to see what all lighting deals there are. Only shows a selected few within each category. How am supposed to spend the pennies I earn doing Mturk, if I can't find deals on what I may want to buy.
I got a pretty decent deal at Walmart on my smart light bulbs

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Today is the day my kiddo sells his stuff in our City's annual (gigantic) vendor fair. A huge area of downtown devotes their space to letting vendors set up booths. Restaurants, art galleries, small business of all types...some stay open while people shop the booths, some completely close and just let the vendors use the space (super awesome of them!). It's a humongous draw from all over the area, some people come down from the mountains for this event every year.

I'm far less nervous this year than I was last year because I didn't know what to expect (I almost never get nervous for me anymore, all my nerves are used up on the kiddo!)

Super proud of him for spending the year making more scarves. He says he wants to keep doing it again for next year.

Whatever he doesn't sell tonight we will attempt to sell from our front yard like last year. Last year he made over $200 just setting up a table in our front yard!!

ThatsNotMyName

Is it Nap time yet?
Contributor
Reaction score
Today is the day my kiddo sells his stuff in our City's annual (gigantic) vendor fair. A huge area of downtown devotes their space to letting vendors set up booths. Restaurants, art galleries, small business of all types...some stay open while people shop the booths, some completely close and just let the vendors use the space (super awesome of them!). It's a humongous draw from all over the area, some people come down from the mountains for this event every year.

I'm far less nervous this year than I was last year because I didn't know what to expect (I almost never get nervous for me anymore, all my nerves are used up on the kiddo!)

Super proud of him for spending the year making more scarves. He says he wants to keep doing it again for next year.

Whatever he doesn't sell tonight we will attempt to sell from our front yard like last year. Last year he made over $200 just setting up a table in our front yard!!
That is awesome!
Best of luck to him!

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I can barely do these. I have finally gotten better where I don't have to look up so many parts but these? I'm having to search them out and even then I don't get an answer on what they are. I was returning more than submitting so I finally gave up.
Yea not fun but I'm just trying to recoup *some* of the black friday money.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Yea not fun but I'm just trying to recoup *some* of the black friday money.
I spent 30 minutes smashing my space bar on the whack a number hit yesterday to make up for not doing them, lol. I have spent way more on the kiddo this year than I normally do, but in fairness a few things are stuff I would normally buy him, it just so happened he needed them right about Christmas time so, they're getting pretty paper put on them and put under a tree!

I also spent money on me buying some outdoor Christmas decorations I've wanted for years, but they're spendy, but Amazon really dropped the prices so...I bought them Going to run a chain through them and chain them to my tree just in case. I don't lock down many decorations, but these I will because I'd be crushed if they walked away.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I spent 30 minutes smashing my space bar on the whack a number hit yesterday to make up for not doing them, lol. I have spent way more on the kiddo this year than I normally do, but in fairness a few things are stuff I would normally buy him, it just so happened he needed them right about Christmas time so, they're getting pretty paper put on them and put under a tree!

I also spent money on me buying some outdoor Christmas decorations I've wanted for years, but they're spendy, but Amazon really dropped the prices so...I bought them Going to run a chain through them and chain them to my tree just in case. I don't lock down many decorations, but these I will because I'd be crushed if they walked away.
Me and Gina are basically in a Christmas cold war arms race.

She says she bought me something, so I have to buy her another thing.
I tell her I got a great deal on something so she's feels obligated to buy me another thing.

We bankrupt ourselves every Christmas.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
This requester, Matthew Johnson A3RIF53C9LIZLK

Is posting a lot of hits with different IDs. They pay well and he says you can do more than one.

This is just one export of one hit, there are more, so maybe a requester watch? And if you're a 5s person do a few of these and ignore the Icky Vickys.

Title: Answer multiple-choice verbal ability items | PANDA
Requester: Matthew Johnson [A3RIF53C9LIZLK]
TurkerView: [ $18.87 / hour ]
Description: Answer multiple-choice items designed to assess verbal ability. Your responses will help us determine the quality of the items. We expect that it will take you about 20 minutes to complete the items.
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $2.40
Qualifications:
  • PK Verbal Batch 3 - TEST DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
[3M4EU2M81ZLRIMY1M6C39W5S6SZ4PO]

Status
Not open for further replies.