11/20 - Wiggle Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
up to the hydrant and off we go - takes 45 seconds (that was qualifying time on my dept.). Hydrant is supplied by a pipe that goes out into the ocean (or pond, lake, whatever)

Hope this helps - any other firefighting questions - ask away!
cool that you are a firefighter that can answer Q's. All I know about the detail things of firefighting is stuff I"ve learned from Live+Rescue. :wink: Does that 45 seconds hydrant hookup time count the flush time or do you get to stop the clock for that? I thought it was weird on tv the other week to see the hydrant turned on without a hose hooked up until they explained there had to be a possible-contaminent flush for a few moments before the hose can be hooked up.

I'll have to ask the other ones some other time or likely PM those to you.

Reactions: savvy

Katia2019

Reaction score
Seems I may have done better on laptop than I have on my desktop, and just realized I had been wasting precious seconds on each one up until now :banghead:

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
cool that you are a firefighter that can answer Q's. All I know about the detail things of firefighting is stuff I"ve learned from Live+Rescue. :wink: Does that 45 seconds hydrant hookup time count the flush time or do you get to stop the clock for that? I thought it was weird on tv the other week to see the hydrant turned on without a hose hooked up until they explained there had to be a possible-contaminent flush for a few moments before the hose can be hooked up.

I'll have to ask the other ones some other time or likely PM those to you.
We don't flush the hydrants before we use them. I don't know of any dept. (I've been on 3) that does what you describe. Twice a year we go around and flush each hydrant for about two minutes - make sure they work and actually spew water.
The 45 seconds start when the rig pulls up. You jump off, get the supply line and leave at hydrant (you wrap it around hydrant if engine needs to go down street to the fire. Go back and get hydrant bag (looks like mailbag - has tools and fittings we need). Hook up supply line, put valves on side valves of hydrant, put wrench on top, and wait for MPO (motor pump operator) to signal he's ready. You're done!
I was usually in high 30's. We had to qualify once a year - 45 seconds or less

ETA - pm is probably best so I don't miss them :) And here's my memoirs. https://www.amazon.com/Last-Noble-Profession-Kicking-Helping/dp/1546668535

Last edited:

PandaThief

Reaction score
Is there a trick to getting max bonus on these choice labs ? I never gotten more than $9 the highest plus i kinda suck at typing out those characters at a speedy rate, also GM super turkers

Last edited:
Reactions: jan and Despairagus

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think there is only one Choice Lab today - same one just hit my finder again and it's been 50 mins since the first one hit.

• Sad
Reactions: savvy and NemoRolls

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: scrmcasey

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
Is there a trick to getting max bonus on these choice labs ? I never gotten more than $9 the highest plus i kinda suck at typing out those characters at a speedy rate, also GM super turkers
High has been 14 and change, low has been 5 something. Last few have been low end of range. I'm a pretty good typist (110 wpm) so I am sure that helps

Castor

Reaction score
I don't know the max, the highest I've ever gotten was $11.25 the lowest was $4.40

MinkyMona

Spooky Turk Ghost
Reaction score
Do the hit IDs change for the choice labs?

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Investment decisions (Bonuspayment $ 0 - 8.24) | PANDA
Requester: Steve Heinke [A1Q6GCY63823JR] [TurkerView]
Description: In this online study, you will make investment decisions. The participation lasts approx. 10 - 15 minutes and you receive $ 0.50 for completion. In addition, based on your decisions, you will receive a bonus payment between $ 0.00 and $ 8.23
Duration: ~60min
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications:
  • retakes_02 DoesNotExis
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99
  • Location EqualTo US
  • Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1
  • retakes_01 DoesNotExis
HIT Time: 4 min, 38 sec
Catchability: Great
Cons: don't gamble kids

• Love
Reactions: dw33b and scrmcasey

ekkirksey

Contributor
Reaction score
The ones I've been getting have been mostly random according to the summary at the end. Got all randoms today

Dottie

Reaction score
I can't believe I only noticed these Choice Labs existed until yesterday... paid out 20$ in bonuses.

I missed a whole lot of money.

Reactions: shellsy515 and jan
Status
Not open for further replies.