11/19 - Tempest Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
isn't it insulting when a survey asks if you've ever been employed? Its like asking "are you capable of rolling out of bed, you loser?"
I wish I could respond "I'm doing your survey, aren't I?" or "Turking is just one company in the portfolio of my business empire". :wink:

Finn Mertens

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Reaction score
It's the most wonderful time of the year... when eBay buyers get impatient and threaten your feedback and ebay reputation for not giving them a refund when it hasn't even been a week since you mailed their item and they haven't received it when things take longer this time of year due to temporary USPS employees.

I don't freak out this time of year when I'm a buyer unless it's been 2 weeks because I know things can be slower to deliver.

I guess I"m going to have to issue a refund to avoid the neg feedback.
Feedback isn't a huge of a deal as it was in the old days afaik. I'd personally take the gamble, especially if it was for a decent amount of money.

Send them https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input since there's not anything you can do to get it there faster, and so they can at least watch it get bounced around, or see if it's stuck and eaten by a machine or something.

If it's truly lost, fill out, and have the buyer also fill out this form: https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm

https://old.reddit.com/r/Flipping/search?q=claiming+lost+package&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance&t=all probably will turn up some other useful info. I think there was even a form letter someone wrote up to send to buyers for situations like this, lol.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
wow, so if usertesting is really gonna be slow, I guess i'm back to being a full time turker.

that means that even if i didn't hit goal I have to stop at 930 pm est. so i can get ready for the 14 hour day ahead of me tomorrow.

barf

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Perceptions of Workplace Scenarios(~ 6 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Kelly Nault [A3CZPTI9N3ME9X] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.24] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.25] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=3.40] [Reviews=9] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 21:00
Available: 12
Description: a survey asking for your opinion on different workplace events
Qualifications: Exc: [-71547304-183114] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location In US

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Feedback isn't a huge of a deal as it was in the old days afaik. I'd personally take the gamble, especially if it was for a decent amount of money.
(...)
https://old.reddit.com/r/Flipping/search?q=claiming+lost+package&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance&t=all probably will turn up some other useful info. I think there was even a form letter someone wrote up to send to buyers for situations like this, lol.
It was a couple of bucks delivered and no tracking (noone is going to buy $2 in sports cards and pay $3.50 for trackable shipping) so the tracking and claims links are not useful in this situation. I guess I should be lucky this is my first threat in the year I've been selling stuff on eBay, and especially in a category where there are a lot of scammers who will alter items to improve value or claim they never have received an item when they did and just want the item plus their money back.

I tried to be nice saying it hasn't been a week yet and USPS is slow this time of year and that I'm seeing that already in stuff I have incoming. He replied back "nice try blaming the USPS. You have one more day to deliver or else.". I wanted to write back that I am not employed by the USPS nor do I do any USPS work so I don't have any control over his mailpiece but I figured that would be poisoning the situation. I will just ask him tomorrow if it arrived, expect a "no" because he might be scamming me or it truly hasn't arrived which I am unable to prove, and then send the refund which I think keeps a neg feedback from being left for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blakkat

chrisd6

Reaction score
It was a couple of bucks delivered and no tracking (noone is going to buy $2 in sports cards and pay $3.50 for trackable shipping) so the tracking and claims links are not useful in this situation. I guess I should be lucky this is my first threat in the year I've been selling stuff on eBay, and especially in a category where there are a lot of scammers who will alter items to improve value or claim they never have received an item when they did and just want the item plus their money back.

I tried to be nice saying it hasn't been a week yet and USPS is slow this time of year and that I'm seeing that already in stuff I have incoming. He replied back "nice try blaming the USPS. You have one more day to deliver or else.". I wanted to write back that I am not employed by the USPS nor do I do any USPS work so I don't have any control over his mailpiece but I figured that would be poisoning the situation. I will just ask him tomorrow if it arrived, expect a "no" because he might be scamming me or it truly hasn't arrived which I am unable to prove, and then send the refund which I think keeps a neg feedback from being left for me.
People can really be assholes, can't they? Sorry you're dealing with that. You could always take the gamble that they wouldn't really write a negative review like that before they receive it... really a lose-lose situation created by someone's own impatience.

Reactions: rsmath

Finn Mertens

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Reaction score

Lol, that 100% sounds like a guy trying to get free cards. What a dick. That's unfortunately the gamble you take when you send out stuff without tracking, and you're very lucky that it's the first time it's happened. It might help to reach out to ebay and see if they can check if he's a repeat scammer, but I'm not sure there's anything they can do.

But if you want to really ruin his day: https://ehome.uspis.gov/fcsexternal/default.aspx

Hopefully it works itself out and he doesn't try to get his money back.

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Take a short personality & attitude survey (5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: SCOTT P KING [A2V5AHWGZQHRZF] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$29.51] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.13] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=17] [ToS=1]
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: Complete a couple short questionnaires, and a few demographic questions. This survey is part of a class project for a Psychology course.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: An experiment on memory for stories | Accept
Requester: memoryND [A2QC7NFKE3H3DZ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.35] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.28] [Fast=3.85] [Comm=2.33] [Fair=3.89] [Reviews=52] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.50
Description: Read short stories and respond to questions about what you read. You may not complete this project more than once.

Reactions: Yatagarasu

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
5 cents to my daily goal. :coin:
If I could throw a one-click answer six cent HIT your way, I would so you could guarantee daily goal. Turk definitely needs a "sharing is caring" HIT exchange as long as the recipient meets the requirements of the HIT.

Reactions: thismegan

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: An experiment on memory for stories | Accept
Requester: memoryND [A2QC7NFKE3H3DZ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.35] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.28] [Fast=3.85] [Comm=2.33] [Fair=3.89] [Reviews=52] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.50
Description: Read short stories and respond to questions about what you read. You may not complete this project more than once.

Bonus - more than one

Last edited:

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Impression Formation(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Alex [A366LLBBFU3A4C] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.32] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.34] [Fast=3.81] [Comm=3.69] [Fair=3.97] [Reviews=41] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.00
Description: In this study, you will learn about different individuals. This task will be conducted on a computer. More specific instructions will be presented in the next pages.

Title: Psychology Experiment - Johns Hopkins University | Accept
Requester: Perception Mind [A21N9WU173WDNH] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$7.93] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Good] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.04] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=3.67] [Fair=4.60] [Reviews=28] [ToS=0]
Description: Teach our robot! (5 minutes)

Writing in this one

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.