11/16 - Foreshadowing Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Bleh. I don't wanna turk anymore. I'm on track for weekly goal but if I don't turk more tonight I have to do a full day's earnings tomorrow. Which might not be so bad as I can't really go outside.

I checked the air quality for today. Level 5, very unhealthy (basically stay inside if you can, all outdoor activities for schools are cancelled, etc) starts at 75 of whatever it is they measure.

Today we hit 317 as the high. 317 when the Very Unhealthy starts at 75. What was that, don't breathe level?

So no outside work for me until we finally get some wind, which means I might as well sit in here and turk.
Man I'm so sorry you all are dealing with that out there. Just absolutely sucks.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Man I'm so sorry you all are dealing with that out there. Just absolutely sucks.
This is really, really bad. We have had smoky before. But generally we don't get above Unhealthy. Usually hovering Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups. When I saw it was over 300...holy hell.

The school system cancelled everything. Even the formal dances that were scheduled for this weekend. They made a phone call and said everything is cancelled, and please keep ourselves and kids inside this weekend. I believe the formal dances will be rescheduled once this clears up. If it gets any worse I'm betting the next step is to cancel school.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Today we hit 317 as the high. 317 when the Very Unhealthy starts at 75. What was that, don't breathe level?

So no outside work for me until we finally get some wind, which means I might as well sit in here and turk.
(a disembodied hand emerges from the smoke for a fist-bump)

Reactions: Despairagus

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Also a reminder for people in affected regions, especially with kids, if you can't find filtered face masks in stores, go to your nearest hospital. They're *eagerly* giving them out.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Also a reminder for people in affected regions, especially with kids, if you can't find filtered face masks in stores, go to your nearest hospital. They're *eagerly* giving them out.
Reports are saying they don't do much for very long. I think I saw one is good for about an hour outdoors? After that, time to put a new one on so it stays effective. Rumor has it some wind is due on Sunday which is supposed to make things better. So just one more day of this, I hope.

I know many others have it worse and lost everything, and have no homes to stay in, so I'm lucky. But this is a sucky lucky. My head really hurts, and my kid now has a sinus issue...ugh. He almost never gets sick and he's a bit of a baby about it. Thinks he has a brain tumor because it only hurts on one side. I informed him it's a sinus thing. Because whenever he stands up fast or sits down fast it hurts worse. Sinus.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I swear the Alexandria bot gets smarter as time goes on. It's not falling for any of my tricks now.
I tried like five of those and trapped myself many times before I fooled them. I gave up.

Reactions: Concise

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Reports are saying they don't do much for very long. I think I saw one is good for about an hour outdoors? After that, time to put a new one on so it stays effective. Rumor has it some wind is due on Sunday which is supposed to make things better. So just one more day of this, I hope.
1) It doesn't have an on/off switch, but the worse it is out the faster it gets saturated, and you don't want to wear it too long because you breathe a higher percentage of CO2 when you have them on, but IME they last more like 8 hours (I would not wear more than 2-3 at a time). I'm not a doctor but I spend a lot of time around them.

Edit: Get the yellow rectangular ones with two straps instead of the cup-style ones because they fit better, and the material is better. Occasionally blue but Kaiser and Sutter seem to both use the yellow ones.

2) The wind was better today, earlier but not now, worse tomorrow, better Sunday, and by next Wednesday we should have rain.

Last edited:
Reactions: tricker

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
I know someone was asking the other day about MTurk Quals... how do I change my age etc, there are a pile of the qual HITs up now, Amazon Mechanical Turk Team as requester, payment of 0.00

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't waaaaaanna spend my Friday night trying to figure out how linear regressions are supposed to work.

(I'm in Math 101. I'm pretty sure I'm not even supposed to know that these things exist. Convinced that the prof hates us and enjoys our suffering.)

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't waaaaaanna spend my Friday night trying to figure out how linear regressions are supposed to work.

(I'm in Math 101. I'm pretty sure I'm not even supposed to know that these things exist. Convinced that the prof hates us and enjoys our suffering.)
Oh I feel for you. I hate math. Just the phrase linear regression makes me want to cry.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I tried like five of those and trapped myself many times before I fooled them. I gave up.
Yeaaa I did 51 of them earlier and had a fantasy that I was going to settle in and do another 50 but I just can't do it. Maybe in the morning.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
1) It doesn't have an on/off switch, but the worse it is out the faster it gets saturated, and you don't want to wear it too long because you breathe a higher percentage of CO2 when you have them on, but IME they last more like 8 hours (I would not wear more than 2-3 at a time). I'm not a doctor but I spend a lot of time around them.

Edit: Get the yellow rectangular ones with two straps instead of the cup-style ones because they fit better, and the material is better. Occasionally blue but Kaiser and Sutter seem to both use the yellow ones.

2) The wind was better today, earlier but not now, worse tomorrow, better Sunday, and by next Wednesday we should have rain.
Good to know about the masks.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeaaa I did 51 of them earlier and had a fantasy that I was going to settle in and do another 50 but I just can't do it. Maybe in the morning.
I kept thinking I did good until I would get to the third one and be all...uh, no where no how in any way is that going to be true.

Reactions: Despairagus

Dmillan

Reaction score
What happened with those $22 larry rudmans that were up a few minutes ago?

Reactions: Concise

Minx2121

Reaction score
Well I was almost able to catch up for today thanks to A9's...will finish up tomorrow ^.^ Good night

Reactions: turkinlight
Status
Not open for further replies.