11/13 - Weighted Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
With Disney Plus, you can start from the beginning now. And then you'll love End Game. It is known.
I reaaallly don't like superhero movies outside of Xmen, Infinity War and the dark knight.
i watched Civil War in theaters and thought it was lame.

I saw Infinity war after all of the "fading away" memes and thought it was one of the best movies I have EVER seen in my life.

thats why I was so excitied for endgame. Infinity War was amazing without needing to know all of the backstories.

Reactions: scrmcasey

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Xbox one play any DVD tho.
I swear I bought something used the other day and it was completely covered in poop and scratches, played fine.
I remember when DVD first hit if you had half a thumbprint on there that shit was ruined lol.

I sometimes wish I had more physical media - I get really stressed out when a favorite is taken off any of my streaming services.

But also odds of me watching something and I have to stand up to put a disc in....slim to none because once I'm watching TV I am very, very, very lazy.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Xbox one play any DVD tho.
I swear I bought something used the other day and it was completely covered in poop and scratches, played fine.
I remember when DVD first hit if you had half a thumbprint on there that shit was ruined lol.
another big thing is FINDING the dvd you want to watch. The other day I spent an hour trying to find a muppet show dvd I really liked, when I could have just watched the shit on youtube since some hero uploaded them all and I don't think anyone has cared enough to report them cause who the fuck remembers that the muppet show was actually a fucking show in the 70s.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My big cashout is still stuck in limbo too. It was Saturday. The two small ones (including yesterday) have gone through to my bank though. I hope they get this resolved soon. :mad:
Same here. Of course it would be my big transfer from last week that is stuck! I sent them an email today and will be calling again this afternoon if i don't hear from them.

:raging:

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I sometimes wish I had more physical media - I get really stressed out when a favorite is taken off any of my streaming services.

But also odds of me watching something and I have to stand up to put a disc in....slim to none because once I'm watching TV I am very, very, very lazy.
This is me. The only time I even look at the discs anymore is when we go to the mountains where there is no cable/internet.

• Haha
Reactions: savvy

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Consumer Behavior Survey(~ 6 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Consumer Research [A2M0DCE0ZXX9V8] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.31] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.82] [Fast=4.33] [Comm=2.33] [Fair=4.47] [Reviews=25] [ToS=1]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 30:00
Available: 45
Description: survey
Qualifications: Exc: [180547925-181710] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score
Same here. Of course it would be my big transfer from last week that is stuck! I sent them an email today and will be calling again this afternoon if i don't hear from them.

:raging:
The email link on the payments page? It didn't work for me, only brought me to a broken page. Sigh, it happened at the worst possible time for me. I haven't been so down to the wire on bills in like 2 years.:fan:

savvy

Reaction score
This is me. The only time I even look at the discs anymore is when we go to the mountains where there is no cable/internet.

Netflix took off one of my favorite guilty pleasure movies, and Prime charges you to watch it.

So i'm thinking of buying a $6 DVD. nothing attached to my main tv right now plays dvds though....

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
The email link on the payments page? It didn't work for me, only brought me to a broken page. Sigh, it happened at the worst possible time for me. I haven't been so down to the wire on bills in like 2 years.:fan:
No find the email from them on that day that says they are Initiating the withdrawal. There is a Contact Us link at the bottom that will take you to a form to send. Only the phone contact callback works starting on the AP site.

• Love
Reactions: Turtlefemm

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
another big thing is FINDING the dvd you want to watch. The other day I spent an hour trying to find a muppet show dvd I really liked, when I could have just watched the shit on youtube since some hero uploaded them all and I don't think anyone has cared enough to report them cause who the fuck remembers that the muppet show was actually a fucking show in the 70s.
Don't have to look too far when everything I want to watch is right here.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Netflix took off one of my favorite guilty pleasure movies, and Prime charges you to watch it.

So i'm thinking of buying a $6 DVD. nothing attached to my main tv right now plays dvds though....
Is a digital copy for sale that might be cheaper?

Reactions: C to the J

savvy

Reaction score
Is a digital copy for sale that might be cheaper?

$10 to buy digital copy.... $4 to rent. It's a ridiculous, non-mainstream movies. Or you pay for IRC films unlimited subscription. all these subscription services are making me crazy

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
HIT Time: 6 bubbly mins

Title: Study on Self-Views (approx. 15 minutes)Accept
Requester: University Lab [A1OI78LUN5QCVI] Contact
TV: $16.68/hr TO: 3.65
Reward: $1.70
Duration: 01:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Psychological study on your own opinions about yourself and the opinions other people have about themselves.
Qualifications: No further HITs by University Lab DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 96; Completed CNI-Study DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score

With the whole Prime charging to watch stuff, what is that about? I paid $100+ for my membership and ya'll still asking for more money?

On that same note, I ordered kiddo a coat on Thursday morning and it said two day shipping. When it didn't arrive yesterday (though it said it would be here) I called and politely went nuclear asking why the coat still isn't here. I mentioned how I should have went to one of their competitors to ensure my daughter wasn't without a substantial coat and within minutes had a $20 credit added to our account. They typically offer $5, but I wasn't having it. Shouldn't have messed with mama bear.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 10-minute academic survey with $1.5 completion award and the chance to earn additional payment.(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Labor Experiment20 [A1F9YCOYH0B6A4] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$21.24] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.67] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=12] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: This HIT is for a research study. You will receive a guaranteed payment of $1.5 upon completion and have the chance to earn additional payment that will equal anywhere from $0 to $1. This study asks you to make a series of decisions. These decisions may impact your additional payment.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Evaluate names for objects [batch 2] (~3.5min; $0.15 bonus possible) | Accept
Requester: Researchers from Barcelona [A91P6MTYV299S] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.98] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.75] [Fast=3.50] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=4] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 94
Description: Evaluate names of objects in a picture, and judge which names were intended for the same object; thinking required.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
speaking of Disney Plus, whos watching Disney plus?
Their ridiculous DRM makes the service not even work in Linux, so I guess I'll be forced to pirate anything I want to watch on there. ?‍♀

Though, I do enjoy the irony that their attempt to squeeze every last penny out of people has made it so millions of people can't even legitimately use their service.

Status
Not open for further replies.