11/08 - Harlem Globetrotter Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
3 weeks of testing, 7 hours a day, in Spring of 2016 here in Michigan as the state revamped the education system. Kids were having seizures in the classrooms, puking, passing out. Ever since she seizes up and shakes when she has to take a test longer than about 30 minutes. Her classwork scores are flawless but she gets Ds and Es on tests. She is in therapy for it. The anxiety has pushed her to the point where she is suicidal. It's pretty horrible. No kid should have to deal with it.
OK, I can understand that! THAT'S STUPID, and anybody who designed that testing regime should be shot.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Sounds like terrible administration that rolled from the top down. I bet the teacher's also didn't support testing like this either. I can see why they might want to avoid having conferences about this as the administration from your comments alone sound very caustic. Have you considered taking her in for a diagnoses so she can get accommodations? According to the ADA schools must provide accommodations for certain disabilities and I think some mental illness's would count.
She's in therapy. Diagnosis already happened a while ago. Who's fault it was is irrelevant to me. I spend my evenings removing belts and robe ties from my daughter's room so she can't kill herself in the middle of the night before a test in the morning. That is what I am pissed about. Quantifying why it happened simply assigns blame. As a parent I focus on repair.

jan

Reaction score
Title: Qualification for Natural Audio Captioning | Accept
Requester: VLlab [A2D84OXXY65K10] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=2.79] [Fast=2.90] [Comm=1.75] [Fair=2.00] [Reviews=24] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=5.27] [Pen=1.48 days] [Res=57%] [Rec=50%] [Rej=4] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 18000
Available: 2
Description: Write a description(caption) for the given audios. Limited to 1 per worker. We will reject and block on multiple submissions.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; AudioDesc DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location In AU, CA, GB, NZ, US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

jan

Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about online communities | Accept
Requester: Gary Bird [A1ZGCWM4IBRTM6] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$5.43] [Pay=2.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.83] [Fast=4.12] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=4.50] [Reviews=34] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=4.59] [Pen=3.50 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=33%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=4]
Reward: 0.20
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about forums and other social media
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: ChristopherASA

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
She's in therapy. Diagnosis already happened a while ago. Who's fault it was is irrelevant to me. I spend my evenings removing belts and robe ties from my daughter's room so she can't kill herself in the middle of the night before a test in the morning. That is what I am pissed about. Quantifying why it happened simply assigns blame. As a parent I focus on repair.
You sound like a great parent. She's lucky to have you.

Reactions: ducky

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I haven't been on Mturk for a moment. How many of y'all are using Turkernator? What's your opinion?
Me! Me! I have! I like it but it's confusing. Could be that I'm a slow learner with tech stuff (very likely the case) but it's definitely interesting and I like it more and more as I use it and learn.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
strike-breakers!
or was that the yankees. probably the yankees
Yeah. Definitely the second one. I think.:)

Ooooooh! They're a sports team!!!!!!!!!!!
I never knew that! I just thought it was one of those things you say. "It's not the heat, it's the humidity." How about those Mets."
I had no idea what the hell it meant! That's what I get for skipping sportsball class! Damn PTSD from dodgeball!

jan

Reaction score
Title: Score descriptions of a 15-30 second audio clip according to accuracy and fluency. | Accept
Requester: Tampere University of Technology Audio Research [A1T7XGULT0KUXE] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.38] [Fast=3.71] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=3.38] [Reviews=9] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=2.48] [Pen=12.33 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=0%] [Rej=3] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.08
Duration: 1200
Available: 312
Description: Score descriptions of a 15-30 second audio clip according to how well they describe the given audio track and how fluent in English they are. Workers will be limited to 100 HITs on this task.The audio players do not work with Internet Explorer, do not accept this HIT if you are using that browser or do this HIT with another browser.
Qualifications: Experimental settings DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 3000; Location In AU, CA, GB, IE, NZ, US; Participated in experiment Batch 1 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

bluedays

Reaction score
Yes, and my solution that I came up with was accommodations for tests which in many cases is the law under certain criteria. You need to figure out if PTSD falls under this category of which accommodations are required by law. Going to conferences with teachers will have much more weight if you have the full force of the government and the law to back you up.

You should check into this: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/hq9805.html

This might be the best thing you can do for your daughter. Especially if you have a non-cooperative school administration.

jan

Reaction score
Title: Status Ratings of Occupation, Activity, Trait, and Physical-Appearance Characteristics(~ 20 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Ursula Sanborn [A2SC56WBWPKBH0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$6.46] [Pay=2.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=4.44] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 3000
Available: 7
Description: The title of this study is Status Ratings of Occupation, Activity, Trait and Physical-Appearance Characteristics. The purpose of this study is to determine how people rate the status of occupation, activity, trait and physical-appearance characteristics.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Masters Exists ; Exc: [73808268-106016] DoesNotExist ; SurveyGroup [889] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Y'all have a good day and make some money.

I can't do this today. Take care of yourselves and each other.

Sorry I snapped. I shouldn't react that way.
If you need to snap, best to do it with your friends here. :)

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Y'all have a good day and make some money.

I can't do this today. Take care of yourselves and each other.

Sorry I snapped. I shouldn't react that way.
You weren't severely out of line, just so you know. Just a bit less eloquent than usual. Have a good day. Don't let it get to you. It's a minor event, in the grand scheme of things. I'd personally click my ignore button and never let it take up space in my brain again. But, that's me. I just figure there are around 8 billion people on the planet. I can afford to ignore a few and not notice the loss.:) Sorry it's a hard subject, when people don't see things the same way.

jan

Reaction score
Title: Everyday Life | Accept
Requester: Cornell University Research [A2OKMNZZYFJPO7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.14] [Pay=4.43] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.83] [Fast=4.35] [Comm=1.90] [Fair=4.53] [Reviews=39] [ToS=4]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 3600
Available: 11
Description: Short survey on everyday life; 1 minute, $.10
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Despairagus

jan

Reaction score
Title: Only few questions. Answer a survey about market research | Accept
Requester: Chun-Ming Yang [A2DDMUNHIC7YFH] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$6.23] [Pay=2.33] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.00] [Fast=2.50] [Comm=1.50] [Fair=2.33] [Reviews=10] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=6.87] [Pen=2.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=50%] [Rej=1] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.25
Duration: 600
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about yourself and evaluate products
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.