11/08 - Harlem Globetrotter Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
VLab sent out Audio Description quals this morning and released some hits if anyone missed it

Reactions: Carrion.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Their TO is atrocious. Are they actually worth doing?
I'm honestly not sure at all. I'm planning on trying one out now, but I figured someone in here might actually enjoy them. I'll report back with my feelings in a bit.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
VLab sent out Audio Description quals this morning and released some hits if anyone missed it
Let me know if you find a PandA. No joy on the search.
Good morning.:)
Even if they aren't now, you should always grab the qualification. :) HITs change but, if you miss the qual, you may never have another chance.

JCGrey

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Qualification for Natural Audio Captioning | Accept
Requester: VLlab [A2D84OXXY65K10] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=2.79] [Fast=2.90] [Comm=1.75] [Fair=2.00] [Reviews=24] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=5.27] [Pen=1.48 days] [Res=57%] [Rec=50%] [Rej=4] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 18000
Available: 2
Description: Write a description(caption) for the given audios. Limited to 1 per worker. We will reject and block on multiple submissions.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; AudioDesc DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location In AU, CA, GB, NZ, US
[tr][td]
Jerami @Jerami
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerami

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: Despairagus

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Beautiful. Thank you.:)
Right click?
:nope:

I'll figure it out eventually, or I'll just ask. Or Kaduchi will pop into the chat like a genie and explain. I'm just assuming it's not a feature yet.

Reactions: Jerami and savvy

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Morning all.

I finally watched my 13 year old completely break last night. We had meetings scheduled for parent teacher conferences and only one of her teachers showed up because the teachers were trying to stick it to the administration. They all left notes on their classroom doors saying "unfortunately I will be spending my evening with my family and not here." My daughter has been having severe testing taking anxiety due to PTSD from state mandated testing a couple of years ago and I had these meetings scheduled to work with the teachers to get her through it.

She is in therapy and this shit is pushing her over the edge. Making kids collateral damage to get your point across to your bosses just irritates me beyond words.

Sorry, rant over.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm honestly not sure at all. I'm planning on trying one out now, but I figured someone in here might actually enjoy them. I'll report back with my feelings in a bit.
Now that I see which ones they are, to answer the question, "Are they worth doing?" It depends.
There are a couple of things that can annoy workers like, them being semantically subjective, combined with the fact that the requester isn't afraid to reject, can scare some people off. Buuuut, if you can get into the right mindset, hear things and write them the way they want, you could probably make good money on them. :shrug:

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Morning all.

I finally watched my 13 year old completely break last night. We had meetings scheduled for parent teacher conferences and only one of her teachers showed up because the teachers were trying to stick it to the administration. They all left notes on their classroom doors saying "unfortunately I will be spending my evening with my family and not here." My daughter has been having severe testing taking anxiety due to PTSD from state mandated testing a couple of years ago and I had these meetings scheduled to work with the teachers to get her through it.

She is in therapy and this shit is pushing her over the edge. Making kids collateral damage to get your point across to your bosses just irritates me beyond words.

Sorry, rant over.
Well that truly SUCKS. Best to your daughter. :(

Reactions: sofaslug and savvy

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Agreed. Good filler, maybe, but only if they're not reject happy.

this was supposed to be in reply to Jerami @Jerami but I've got the dumb this morning and can't edit in quotes. Gonna go make more coffee.

Last edited:
Reactions: savvy and Jerami

chickenboneneck

Contributor
Reaction score
Morning all.

Sorry, rant over.
The teachers do not get paid extra to be there, in most cases. A lot of districts around here, the teachers put in a full day of normal teaching, then are asked to stay til about 9 at night for no extra money. Additionally, most of my friends who are teachers don't even get conferences scheduled, so they have to go sit at their desk until 9pm, unpaid, with literally nothing to do.

I understand your situation, and it sucks because you are one of the few who really needs those conferences, but I also understand the teachers' objections to working for six hours and not getting paid.

I hope you can work something out individually. Perhaps an IEP is in order for your daughter.

Last edited:

bluedays

Reaction score
Morning all.

Sorry, rant over.
PTSD from standardized test? My father has PTSD from being at war, and I have it from being in a terrible car accident. Never heard of someone having it from taking a test. Seems to sort of trivialize PTSD...

Status
Not open for further replies.