10/5 - Frosted Tips Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
so I have a chance to make $20/month for installing this app. What do y'all think?
"This means you're letting us collect information such as which apps are on your phone, how and when you use them, data about your activities and content within those apps, as well as how other people interact with you or your content within those apps. You are also letting us collect information about your internet browsing activity (including the websites you visit and data that is exchanged between your device and those websites) and your use of other online services. There are some instances when we will collect this information even where the app uses encryption, or from within secure browser sessions."

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
Good morning! I love the hug mug jan @jan and themildone @themildone - yeah gosh whatever will you do with that bonus?!
Imagine how generous you'll look when you leave that at the next 'need a penny take a penny' near a register.
thank god we didn't have phone cameras growing up, so no proof we did stupid shit.

Reactions: jan and themildone

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
so I have a chance to make $20/month for installing this app. What do y'all think?
"This means you're letting us collect information such as which apps are on your phone, how and when you use them, data about your activities and content within those apps, as well as how other people interact with you or your content within those apps. You are also letting us collect information about your internet browsing activity (including the websites you visit and data that is exchanged between your device and those websites) and your use of other online services. There are some instances when we will collect this information even where the app uses encryption, or from within secure browser sessions."
It depends on how you use your phone. Mine is loaded with way more info than my laptop so I worry about my phone security more. Also, even if we don't have bags of gold for someone to steal from us, the time it takes to stop getting spammed or to change passwords and all of that if there is a problem may not be worth that $20!

Reactions: Jerami

Minx2121

Reaction score
Title: Attitudes survey(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Jason Miller [A2I68FGAX3MZR2] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$6.42] [Pay=2.20] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.57] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=8] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=6.35] [Pen=0.13 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 3600
Available: 20
Description: A survey about your attitudes about social issues
Qualifications: Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 50000; Exc: [-1259848793-109459] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
:)[/td][/tr]

jan

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. You are not only sacrificing your privacy - but the privacy of everyone that you interact with.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Bens are not showing up for me. Anyone else? I mean in the HIT itself.

Reactions: Concise

jemar707

Reaction score
How do I unwatch a thread here? I found this one in my watched menu, but I don't see a way to "unwatch" it. Maybe I'm just not awake yet.

jemar707

Reaction score
I have found that these type of apps slow your device down considerably and I am not too keen on being watched especially because of passwords.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It depends on how you use your phone. Mine is loaded with way more info than my laptop so I worry about my phone security more. Also, even if we don't have bags of gold for someone to steal from us, the time it takes to stop getting spammed or to change passwords and all of that if there is a problem may not be worth that $20!
I wouldn't do it. You are not only sacrificing your privacy - but the privacy of everyone that you interact with.
ugh that's what I was thinking. dammit.

turkinlight

Contributor
Reaction score
a fellow FRIEND just offered me his old iphone because it doesn't hold a charge well. I took him up on it, if only to complete the HIT MAKERS HITS that require the IOS operating system. Do you have an old phone you could use as a Wifi only, DUMMY PHONE that you could randomly pick up and search for SILLY things?

GemStone

Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. You are giving away too much information and potentially private info as well.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
a fellow FRIEND just offered me his old iphone because it doesn't hold a charge well. I took him up on it, if only to complete the HIT MAKERS HITS that require the IOS operating system. Do you have an old phone you could use as a Wifi only, DUMMY PHONE that you could randomly pick up and search for SILLY things?
Nah, I'll just pass on it :/

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
Today is off to a slow start as I have kids being even more difficult about getting up than usual...and that's saying something.
3 years as a DI, I never had that problem

Reactions: savvy

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
At this point I'm pretty sure they stay up half the night considering if my son sits down for 5 seconds he falls asleep.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
ugh that's what I was thinking. dammit.
My thoughts are that they could already purchase all of that information on you already, from Google or whomever, for probably $20. So, they may as well pay you for it But, if they wanted your specific information, they could get it. If that's the case, then they really are just trying to further their data/product and nothing bad will happen. I have 2 phones but, also I feel that if I overload every data gathering service with false, and just misleading, excessive information about me, I'm probably more likely to be safe rather than if I try to obfuscate most things but, they still get little, yet accurate information. I figure that if my actual data is buried in a bunch of garbage data, the algo that they use to predict my preferences is probably not going to work.

EDIT, it's like fb. If you start to like everything in your feed, like every ad, it starts to get confused really quickly and just starts putting up random stuff.:)

EDIT I forgot to mention, I don't keep many photos in my phone. So, maybe that's an issue but, anything on fb is already out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: theturkscribe

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
3 years as a DI, I never had that problem
Our oldest boy was always good about that I never had to tell him to get up or do homework...the other ones though..pretty sure if I wasn't here they'd not go to school several times a week.

Reactions: Devil_Dawg

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Please read about an organizational situation and answer some questions. | Accept
Requester: Brian Gunia [A24NZEQTNJCVZF] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.41] [Pay=3.82] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.16] [Fast=4.56] [Comm=4.00] [Fair=4.31] [Reviews=44] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=7.06] [Pen=0.21 days] [Res=null] [Rec=40%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 7200
Available: 1
Description: This is a short survey that will last less than 10 minutes. You will earn $0.75.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: msitb
Status
Not open for further replies.