Not open for further replies.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Under 2 mins. (short timer)

Title: Answer a short survey about your opinions | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Adam [A1G8R00HI49ZQ4] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Please take a quick moment to give us your opinion
Time: 5 minutes
HITs Available: 6
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: Masters has been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 80; Total approved HITs is greater than 50; Location is US;

Reactions: <Gucci>
D

Deleted member 526

been trying to think of good things about being single. 1 is making macaroni and cheese at 11:00 pm for no reason. :) was going to turk more but with this being saturday night idk if there will be much to work on. that was my original reason for making dinner late but I don't need a reason.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
been trying to think of good things about being single. 1 is making macaroni and cheese at 11:00 pm for no reason. :) was going to turk more but with this being saturday night idk if there will be much to work on. that was my original reason for making dinner late but I don't need a reason.
i think the best perk of being single to me is just saving money. plus the freedom of which you're talking about. making anything at any hour of the day or night amen

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
"I sleep in a race car do YOU?"

Kerek @Kerek

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Just like Metallica @Metallica said, normal scripts will not get you in trouble. You start generating PREs at just a bit over 1 page request per second...

Amazon is looking to drop the ban hammer on those who generate 100's to 1000's of page requests per second. If you don't think that generating that many page request per minute is possible, or you don't know what the hell I am talking about, then you have nothing to worry about. Those who should be slightly worried are the ones who have a degree in computer science and have written their own weapons-grade ultra-high-frequency page-scraping-scripts.
Thanks for the insight, it was startling to go from none to having one hit get that many. No degree in computer science here, and it was set to right under 3k ms I think so those were over a time frame longer than you speak of. I think my pc might catch fire if I tried to run that kind of arsenal,lol.

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight, it was startling to go from none to having one hit get that many. No degree in computer science here, and it was set to right under 3k ms I think so those were over a time frame longer than you speak of. I think my pc might catch fire if I tried to run that kind of arsenal,lol.
I've recently written a series of small grants to fund crowd-sourced data analysis as the next stage in what we call "citizen science" where non-scientists contribute to substantial research.

So in preparation for transitioning from Turker to Requester, I've been researching ways in which batches of HITs are exploited, and how to prevent that from happening to my HITs. It's shocking how easy it is for people with legitimate computer knowledge to exploit some aspects of MTurk.

Last edited:

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
What are the best cigarettes?

American Spirit Lights!!!!!

Ok that was a Clutch song. I don't smoke.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey About Networking Devices (5-8 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: savvyresearcher005 [A1T3TKL0GHDPAB] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.13] [Fast: 4.50] [Comm: 4.60] [Fair: 3.86] [Reviews: 9] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $20.00/hr] [Pen: 1.00 days] [Res: 100% of 1] [Rec: 100% of 2] [Rej: 1] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.20
Duration: 60 minutes
Available: 1
Description: The study will ask your opinion about mesh wifi systems
Requirements: Previous respondent has not been granted; Total approved HITs is greater than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 50; Location is US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8

Reactions: <Gucci> and Peachy

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
I've recently written a series of small grants to fund crowd-sourced data analysis as the next stage in what we call "citizen science" where non-scientists contribute to substantial research.

So in preparation for transitioning from Turker to Requester, I've been researching ways in which batches of HITs are exploited, and how to prevent that from happening to my HITs. It's shocking how easy it is for people with legitimate computer knowledge to exploit some aspects of MTurk.
I believe you. Once upon a time I knew my stuff, I was the girl that picked a PC for her 16th over a car. it was tandy,lol. I knew DOS and Basic, I was teaching myself PERL at one time. Then I just quit one day about ten years ago because life was busy. Now I am relearning, and I'm sure if I desired to badly enough I could be malicious, but why bother? I'm not hidden well enough to not worry about getting caught no matter what VPN I'm hiding behind on a TOR browser.

Last edited:
Reactions: <Gucci> and aveline

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I believe you. Once upon a time I knew my stuff, I was the girl that picked a PC for her 16th over a car. it was tandy,lol.
Random side note... I took a temp job one summer working for Compaq's financial team as they were sorting out the details of their take-over of Tandem Computers, and I was technically one of a handful people in the building of their Cupertino HQ on the last day that Tandem Computers existed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.