10/26 - Finish Strong Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Did anyone do the SurveyComet Dyadic Romantic Relationship study and have a time on it? It's got a crazy timer but I don't want to start into it if it's going to take ages.

turkinlight

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short Article Summary | Bonita Springs, FL | Accept
Requester: WikiRealty [AB3CCT3ZR21VF] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=3.67] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=3.67] [Reviews=4] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 14400
Available: 1
Description: 200 word summary & include link to 1 image
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Possible qual?[/td][/tr]

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Oh goodness, I think it's time for me to hit the sheets. PE: $90.09. Highest EVER EVER for me! It may never happen again.

Good luck to the night owls, and the rest of you this weekend!

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: Michele

EverfreeTree

I like trees.
Reaction score
Alright, gonna try to get to bed and get up earlier in the morning than usual.
PE - $37.65 (assuming nothing gets rejected, and I DON'T get my $3 from that HIT with the dumb timer...)
Just gotta do somewhere around that at least 5 days a week and I won't be in the dumpster...

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, so, complete noob here. Hi everyone. Congrats Desparigus, who is asleep.

Anyway, got my first rejection today, so, yay. Anyway, anyone else submits hits, everything seem normal, and some of them don't show up on your dashboard?

P.S. Doggo gif was awesome.

Last edited:

keladry2009

Reaction score
Oh goodness, I think it's time for me to hit the sheets. PE: $90.09. Highest EVER EVER for me! It may never happen again.

Good luck to the night owls, and the rest of you this weekend!
what is your guys secret??? is it just because you all have masters? the most i've earned is $9 a day! i want to make what you guys make! lol also out of curiosity if anyone bothers to respond do you have a hit quantity goal, a PE goal, or a time limit?

Reactions: jklmnop

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok, so, complete noob here. Hi everyone. Congrats Desparigus, who is asleep.

Anyway, got my first rejection today, so, yay. Anyway, anyone else submits hits, everything seem normal, and some of them don't show up on your dashboard?
Most common reason for this is that the HIT shows up on the day you accepted it, so if you accepted before amazon's day change and submitted it after, it would show up on the previous day.

what is your guys secret??? is it just because you all have masters? the most i've earned is $9 a day! i want to make what you guys make! lol also out of curiosity if anyone bothers to respond do you have a hit quantity goal, a PE goal, or a time limit?
There was a big batch of qualed sergeys today. They worked on it for several hours.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
As a complete and totallly inexperienced person who heard of mTurk five days ago whom you should never listen to, I've got about $4.32 ready to transfer after about 6 hours, two of which were completely wasted. I think once people get to 1,000 hits and look kind of in the middle of the list for productive stuff, it wouldn't be that hard to get at least over $9. Not sure about $90 but I bet with a little luck it's possible if you're over 5000 hits.

Anyway, I hope so,

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Most common reason for this is that the HIT shows up on the day you accepted it, so if you accepted before amazon's day change and submitted it after, it would show up on the previous day.
Nope, all in a row about a half hour ago. They acted a little wierd, they would say "sorry no more available, thanks for your interest," and then I'd hit return or got back and forward and it would start a new one. But none of them for that requester, even the first one, registered.

EverfreeTree

I like trees.
Reaction score
Numbers (as in HIT quantity) typically only matter for your first 1,000 HITs, or if you want to try to hit 5,000-10,000 for some HITs that require you to have completed a lot in order to do them.
I have a rough PE goal to hit, a "soft target" (low, but good enough if I have other things to do) and a "hard target" (if I hit this, I am happy, and can consider the day over at any point).
I have a time I am SUPPOSED to set aside for working, but I tend to blur that with doing 10 other things, and never stick to it, but that's just me. Having set hours can help you hit your set PE goals MUCH easier (or be like SherryNotShirley @SherryNotShirley and start at like 5am and work until you hit a big number or pass out, whichever comes first :p).

Numbers matter less and less over time, and becomes about quality of surveys/games/whatever, and batches (big groups of HITs that you can do many of, but that pay enough to make it worthwhile). Batches tend to be where the money is, if you can do them efficiently and accurately, or have the qualification for certain ones (some of which no longer offer the qualification test to get them, which is dumb, but hey, MTurk).

TL;DR, Try hard, work hard, learn as you go, ask questions before taking leaps, and use your resources (the ones available on this forum especially, and of course plug-ins like MTS, with Hit Finder, and PandaCrazy).

I don't know why I'm giving advice, since I'm currently missing my targets and feeling less confident than ever, but hey, I've heard this advice enough times that I could probably write a guide and STILL have no idea what I'm doing!

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
P.S. I'm still running really inefficient right now as I don't know my way around yet, and while the scripts are on the new machine I'm setting up to dedicate to this, I'm doing these hits on my gaming machine, with none of the extras set up! I really shouldn't do that, probably why I got the rejection, not checking requesters out first. Bad form. Will have the new machine ready tonight or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.