10/25 - Wumpscut Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve been up for like 2 days someone please pass the NyQuil... thx
Don't have any of that, but I do have a ton of cute pink benadryl pills if you want like five from my stash.

Reactions: <Gucci>

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
20 is long. I use 3 seconds. Most stuff is gone in 20. I bet you don't actually see a lot of stuff. If you are desperate, increase your chances of catching a HIT by trying to grab it as often as possible. That means, only try and grab a few at a time. It's like one of those boxes you get into and it blows dollars around. If its full of ones but there are a few $20s in there, just focus on the $20s. You can't get them all. The way to make money is to focus and prioritize.(Same with queue. Don't let a dollar expire while working on a penny) If you have a $.50 PandA going as one of your 3, and a $2 one comes along, pause the $.50 and add the $2. When you catch one of your 3, flick another on. I make a PandA for every HIT I want that I don't catch(pausing it if it's not priority), then work my way down the list in order of pay/time, running 3 at a time. In the morning, when I get up, I clear it all out and start again. I also close the "found HITs" window on Finder and just use the "logged HITs" window. It moves around less and the new one is always at the top. Phew. That's all I got for the moment.:)
Actually, can anyone who's been around longer than me tell me if I'm doing it wrong?
I get almost no PRE's and it seems okay. Just a second opinion would be good.

Last edited:

Evergreen Queen

A very rich widow with a terrible secret.
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My mother and I shared a love for the Astros. She passed away a few years ago and the night of game 7 of the ALCS vs the Yankees (when the Astros won and advanced to the WS) was her birthday. It was a crazy emotional night for me.

I am sorry you weren't able to see your team win this year, but I hope you get to have a similar experience to mine, next year. It was ... everything. <3

Not a Yankees fan myself (when I lived in NY I cheered for the Mets) but y'alls team will definitely be a force to be reckoned with next year and probably the next couple of years.

Glad you tapped back in to your love of baseball tonight. It's lovely. I don't know how people can say baseball is boring. Doesn't get much better than tonight. This is going to be a terrific series.
Wow, that's crazy. Sounds like your mom was there in spirit and I bet she had something to do with that win. :wink:

To be honest, I don't know if I could've handled watching them in the WS this year. Whether they won or lost, it would most likely be too emotionally overwhelming for me (still haven't properly grieved, but I'm working on it). His birthday is Nov. 12th though, so next year it would be nice to have as an early "birthday present" to him if it happens.

My family is originally from upstate New York, even though I've lived up and down the east coast. So, that's always been my team, it's just in my blood. I'm sure you feel the same way about the Astros.

Baseball has always been my favorite sport, to play or watch, but I've always gotten slack for that because like you said, "it's so boring". :rolleyes: Congrats on an awesome win and I will be pulling for you guys throughout this series. :love:

Serial Mom

Contributor
Reaction score
Actually, can anyone who's been around longer than me tell me if I'm doing it wrong?
I get almost no PRE's and it seems okay. Just a second opinion would be good.
I think that is a good way to do things, different than me, but still good. Nice tip about looking at the logged hits only. That is something I've never thought about. :)

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
He's just trying to get on my good side now, since I'm the good luck charm.

At least for Gonzalez. :wink:

But, I'll call you honey. :gucci:
I was just giving him shit because he said the same to me last week.:)
You can call me whatever you'd like. I like nick/pet names.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I think that is a good way to do things, different than me, but still good. Nice tip about looking at the logged hits only. That is something I've never thought about. :)
It's funny. I've never really asked anyone how they do it. It's just what I've come up with that seems to work. I bet, if I did it right, I'd make more than $80 every day.:D I wish there were a live stream of other people turking. I wanted to actually do that myself so people could learn my method, which is better than no method, lol.

Last edited:

Evergreen Queen

A very rich widow with a terrible secret.
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Detect the fake(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: William Dallinger [AUYKYIHQXG6XR] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.60] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 4.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 31] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 1]
Reward:
$0.25
Duration: 10 minutes
Available: 1
Description: A 2-minute experiment that pays $0.25
Requirements: Exc: [62679-62090] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location In US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Detect the fake(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: William Dallinger [AUYKYIHQXG6XR] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.60] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 4.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 31] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 1]
Reward:
$0.25
Duration: 10 minutes
Available: 1
Description: A 2-minute experiment that pays $0.25
Requirements: Exc: [62679-62090] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location In US;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7
Quick and strange.

Serial Mom

Contributor
Reaction score
It's funny. I've never really asked anyone how they do it. It's just what I've come up with that seems to work. I bet, if I did it right, I'd make more than $80 every day.:D I wish there was a live stream of other people. I wanted to actually do that myself so people could learn my method, which is better than no method, lol.
If I did a live stream, the channel description would be:

Woman lazily turks while painting/sketching and tending a zoo wearing pajamas and eating complete garbage watching dark comedies and constantly rotating the laundry and cyberstalks everyone.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Woman lazily turks while painting/sketching and tending a zoo wearing pajamas and eating complete garbage watching dark comedies and constantly rotating the laundry and cyberstalks everyone.
Sounds riveting.
:p

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

*subscribes*

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Racy

EDIT Stare at this word for an entire minute. After that, it loses all meaning and looks wrong, lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.