The perfect toasted marshmallow:

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

JanetW

working and turking
Contributor
Survey Slayer
Reaction score
HIT Time: 2 minutes
Title: Facial Recognition Survey | Accept
Requester: Sally McGrath [A1246CZUI1XDD8] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.31] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=4] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.20
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about facial recognition technology
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US

Reactions: jan
Reaction score
wow - just came across my first HIT with a a 30-second timeout. And there was me wishing 1 minute HITs would be banned ... crazy :wink:

p.s. do providers realize the time starts when the HIT is clicked on, not when the page has loaded? And the page has to be submitted within the time limit as well... sighhhhhhhh

Last edited:

ShadowJack

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm at 50 dollars already for the day just by doing the Noah Turks beat the system. It has over 100 hits right now and it looks like he keeps adding them.

It's boring to do a lot of these, and he takes forever to approve payment (some I have to wait the 30 days) but they add up a lot faster than 25-75 cent surveys and junk.

Noah Turk, beat the system

Reaction score
wow - just came across my first HIT with a a 30-second timeout. And there was me wishing 1 minute HITs would be banned ... crazy :wink:

p.s. do providers realize the time starts when the HIT is clicked on, not when the page has loaded? And the page has to be submitted within the time limit as well... sighhhhhhhh
I just completed a 30-second one, lol.

By the time the page had loaded, 20 seconds had passed, so 4 seconds to do the job, and 4 to submit :)

I guess I moan so much because of my slow page loads, but there isn't anything I can do about that unfortunately, that's how long these massive pages take to load from Bangkok...

jan

Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Reut Apel for work related to 3UZUVSO3P89BGYHKV0R2LP10RQXEMP.
The value of your bonus is: $3.50 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you

roair

Lover of Batches
Reaction score
I just wanted to make sure you guys saw this. I did a survey for this dog collar and was told I would get a free one for a review. Then I got this email.

Bearant Dog Collar - Review

Inboxx

The Great Rewards [mod edit]
Oct 23, 2019, 8:56 PM (9 hours ago)
to me
Hi again!

Thank you for purchasing our product. In order to receive your full refund and $10 commission, please follow the rules and steps below to leave a review.

Review Rules
- Must be 5 stars
- Must be at least 50 characters
- Do not mention anything about this deal or getting the product for free

Review Steps
1. Go to this link to leave a review: http://pixelfy.me/aH2qmb
2. Reply to this email with a screenshot of your 5 star review
3. Once we have verified your review, you will be FULLY refunded and paid $10 within 30 days of your original purchase date.

If you want more deals, subscribe to our facebook chatbot by clicking this link!!!: https://m.me/thegreatrewards?ref=w7617344

6:55 AM (0 minutes ago)
Here was my reply:

That sounds very dishonest and I will not do it. In fact I will be changing my review to reflect this and will not be recommending your product to my other cat and dog owners. This was not part of the deal, you were going to refund me the purchase price of the product for a review and now you are changing the deal.

I will also make sure that the people that work on mTurk know about this so that if you plan on being a requester again they will not be taken advantage of.

I am very disappointed that you have chosen to run your business this way, you had a very nice product.

Sincerely
-r****

Last edited by a moderator:

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: ATTENTION NOT-FOR-PROFIT WORKERS AND VOLUNTEERS: WHAT MOTIVATES YOU??(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Debra Gilin Oore [A2I344I2CRRF2K]
TurkerView: [ $38.32 / hour ]
Description: This survey takes an average of 10 minutes to complete, in exchange for USD.
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [177481-176892] DoesNotExist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Location In AU, CA, GB, IE, NZ, US
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80
[30LCVOSIGZ82O6X3RNVFW2IBJV86YM]

jan

Reaction score
I just wanted to make sure you guys saw this. I did a survey for this dog collar and was told I would get a free one for a review. Then I got this email.

Inboxx

to me
Hi again!

Thank you for purchasing our product. In order to receive your full refund and $10 commission, please follow the rules and steps below to leave a review.

Review Rules
- Must be 5 stars

Review Steps
3. Once we have verified your review, you will be FULLY refunded and paid $10 within 30 days of your original purchase date.

If you want more deals, subscribe to our facebook chatbot by clicking this link!!!: https://m.me/thegreatrewards?ref=w7617344

Here was my reply:
That sounds very dishonest and I will not do it. In fact I will be changing my review to reflect this and will not be recommending your product to my other cat and dog owners. This was not part of the deal, you were going to refund me the purchase price of the product for a review and now you are changing the deal.

I will also make sure that the people that work on mTurk know about this so that if you plan on being a requester again they will not be taken advantage of.

I am very disappointed that you have chosen to run your business this way, you had a very nice product.

Sincerely
-r****
that hit violates mturk tos.......

cassius

Reaction score

TurkerView Ratings (4)

yang jing
Pay Rate:pay Sentiment:Approval:Communication: No RejectionsOverview
$17.53 / hrGood UnratedUnrated No BlocksReviews

Answer a survey about video ads on social media 1$1.2015h agoPreviewAccept & Work
Description
You will provided with one commercial to view, and provide your evaluations.
Time Allotted
60 Min
Expires
in 6d
Qualifications Required
Your Values

Location is US
US-OH

HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90

Masters has been granted

Reactions: scrmcasey

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score

Inboxx

to me
Hi again!

Review Rules
- Must be 5 stars

Review Steps

Here was my reply:

Sincerely
-r****
Yeah I’m pretty sure that violates Turk TOS 101 and they’re not even trying to hide it

cassius

Reaction score
Waiting to hear from my neighbor who's kitty was attacked yesterday by neighbors' dogs, whippets or greyhounds. I don't know how it happened since my neighbor watches this kitty very closely when she's out and of course, she's not ready to talk about it yet. Kitty won't stay inside, a bit of a wild child. Baby spent night at OSU animal hospital in guarded condition in ICU.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Good morning. I work evenings/nights the next two days so I have some slightly uninterrupted turk time. Well, and I will ride my pony.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm at 50 dollars already for the day just by doing the Noah Turks beat the system. It has over 100 hits right now and it looks like he keeps adding them.

It's boring to do a lot of these, and he takes forever to approve payment (some I have to wait the 30 days) but they add up a lot faster than 25-75 cent surveys and junk.

Noah Turk, beat the system
why does he hate Indiana!

Status
Not open for further replies.