10/24 - Malt Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

Also join the discord if you want! We have a lot of people on it already but could use more.

If you have a theme that you want to see, title-wise, video-wise, etc. for the new thread I would like to hear suggestions! http://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/daily-thread-ideas.1250/

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm still here, Just Matthew @Just Matthew. I think editing photos is probably the part of the job I like the least. My instinct is always to want to keep my photos as untouched as possible... but realistically when there is a customer involved the photos taken can't be just for me. I think my real interest is sort of the troubleshooting aspect of taking a photograph. It's probably a pretty geeky sort of affinity because it's the technical side of things I enjoy the most. What do you love to do and why do you love it?

Reactions: Azazael and <Gucci>

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Azazael

Reaction score
Hey thats great! 50 bucks is 600 a year! double down and invest that if you can in something simple like the S&P500 compound the return and reinvest, future you will thank you!
new tires for my truck first, then saving account prolly

I'm still here, Just Matthew @Just Matthew. I think editing photos is probably the part of the job I like the least. My instinct is always to want to keep my photos as untouched as possible... but realistically when there is a customer involved the photos taken can't be just for me. I think my real interest is sort of the troubleshooting aspect of taking a photograph. It's probably a pretty geeky sort of affinity because it's the technical side of things I enjoy the most. What do you love to do and why do you love it?
that is why i bought a bluray burner. burn originals to bd-r and then edit away at the copies.

Reactions: <Gucci>

Just Matthew

And the bottom drops out.
Contributor
Reaction score
Blue @Blue I see things in my mind, pictures, paintings, machines, art. I build them, I craft them, I paint them or I create them with whatever I want or can. attempting to get the picture I see in my mind into a tangible space so others can experience is what i love. I love to provoke emotions and states of being. But you are right sometimes it hard to sort out what I think should be felt verses what somebody wants to feel.

Dysphoria

Reaction score
For the last 2 days I keep getting the same male picture for the Ben Peterson hits. Starting to get afraid of rating them badly incase they're the requester himself lol.

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
For the last 2 days I keep getting the same male picture for the Ben Peterson hits. Starting to get afraid of rating them badly incase they're the requester himself lol.
I'm still blocked. I didn't do anything..
lol..
:ghost:

Last edited:

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Blue @Blue I see things in my mind, pictures, paintings, machines, art. I build them, I craft them, I paint them or I create them with whatever I want or can. attempting to get the picture I see in my mind into a tangible space so others can experience is what i love. I love to provoke emotions and states of being. But you are right sometimes it hard to sort out what I think should be felt verses what somebody wants to feel.
That's really cool. That's pretty close to how I do things too. I see images in my head so I try to recreate them with my camera in the real world. Here recently I've gotten more into the story telling aspect of things too... and for the past few months I've been working on doing a stop motion recreation of one of the Redwall books. It's been a real blast trying to figure out how to light and frame such small subjects.

I think that's the best part about art, though... the fact that somebody can take a look at something I created which had a lot of deep symbolic meaning to me... and hear them tell me about all these other entirely unexpected things the work is saying to them. "How fascinating it is to witness the machinations of ones own mind play themselves out." It becomes this living breathing self replicating conversation every time someone new looks at it and decides to talk about it.

Do you have anything that repeatedly shows up in your work? I get stuck on some fragment of an image or some such and it will start showing up set after set until I work it out of my system.

Josh

Contributor
Reaction score
Colt 45 and two Zig Zags, baby that's all we need.
We can go to the park after dark, smoke that tumbleweed.
I'd go for some juicy HITs as well.........LOL!

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
malted milk balls are also delicious

Just Matthew

And the bottom drops out.
Contributor
Reaction score
That's really cool. That's pretty close to how I do things too. I see images in my head so I try to recreate them with my camera in the real world. Here recently I've gotten more into the story telling aspect of things too... and for the past few months I've been working on doing a stop motion recreation of one of the Redwall books. It's been a real blast trying to figure out how to light and frame such small subjects.

I think that's the best part about art, though... the fact that somebody can take a look at something I created which had a lot of deep symbolic meaning to me... and hear them tell me about all these other entirely unexpected things the work is saying to them. "How fascinating it is to witness the machinations of ones own mind play themselves out." It becomes this living breathing self replicating conversation every time someone new looks at it and decides to talk about it.

Do you have anything that repeatedly shows up in your work? I get stuck on some fragment of an image or some such and it will start showing up set after set until I work it out of my system.

I had somebody once and was the world to me, closer to a decade than not at this point. I love to cook and we had a cellar of wine and without a doubt had a bottle of wine every single night with dinner, red and usually merlot. she would always bite, near chew on her bottom lip when she drank. This would cause her already wine stained lips to have a deeper purple bite mark on her bottom lip. I find myself constantly attracted to using the same two colors and using a deeper richer of the same color to make something stand out and draw attention. The aforementioned story is the only thing I can justify and/or explain it with.

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
I had somebody once and was the world to me, closer to a decade than not at this point. I love to cook and we had a cellar of wine and without a doubt had a bottle of wine every single night with dinner, red and usually merlot. she would always bite, near chew on her bottom lip when she drank. This would cause her already wine stained lips to have a deeper purple bite mark on her bottom lip. I find myself constantly attracted to using the same two colors and using a deeper richer of the same color to make something stand out and draw attention. The aforementioned story is the only thing I can justify and/or explain it with.
Yeah I feel that entirely. My mind grabs things like that and I just catch myself playing with them over and over again. No idea what is up with that or why I'm like that.

Josh

Contributor
Reaction score
Is anybody working on anything interesting or good right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.