10/23 - Tinker Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
You partied until 5am? Well damn, I can't keep up with you.
It kinda feels that way :cautious:

So at the retreat they had mini-concerts at breakfast, lunch, and dinner (along with the 3hr evening concerts). And breakfast was always harp music (because early morning). So now I have this harsh reality of no one playing me harp music while I drink my coffee :cry:

I talked to a friend of mine who was there with his 12 year old in the harp classes and apparently they got her harp used for .... 10k :confused: So I think any dreams of my daughter being a harpist are dead. Although he did say it's basically an instant college scholarship.... so maybe worth it?

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It kinda feels that way :cautious:

So at the retreat they had mini-concerts at breakfast, lunch, and dinner (along with the 3hr evening concerts). And breakfast was always harp music (because early morning). So now I have this harsh reality of no one playing me harp music while I drink my coffee :cry:

I talked to a friend of mine who was there with his 12 year old in the harp classes and apparently they got her harp used for .... 10k :confused: So I think any dreams of my daughter being a harpist are dead. Although he did say it's basically an instant college scholarship.... so maybe worth it?
Maybe it's like sports. Where if you show talent and the school wants you, you get to play the harp in the big leagues.

You being a musician is already a huge head start for her, so I have no doubt when the time comes, she'll be rocking the hell outta that harp. If she wants to, that is, if she wants to play the keytar I'd support her 100% as well.

The important thing to remember here is that my new dream is to be filthy rich and have someone play the harp while I eat breakfast.

Last edited:
Reactions: savvy and Sondi

cassius

Reaction score
Words & music by Tom Lewis
(Recorded by Tom Lewis on Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Singer!)

Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor, rich man, poor man, beggarman, thief,
Butcher, baker, candlestick maker, I'll be none of these.

Chorus:
I'll be a singer, not a church-bell ringer, I'll use my voice to carry the load,
I'll tell the story, heartfelt or carefree, and share a song along the road.

I'll change direction and risk rejection, I'll travel far and travel wide,
An endless highway, I'm going my way, a loving friend close by my side.

There will be hard years but put aside fears, friends are for loving good times or bad,
I'll think on new ways, remember old days, but my resolve is ironclad.

I'm poor in stipends but rich in good friends, I will not beg, nor will I thieve,
I'm not a wastrel, I am a minstrel, my song will stay though I must leave.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Maybe it's like sports. Where if you show talent and the school wants you, you get to play the harp in the big leagues.

You being a musician is already a huge head start for her, so I have no doubt when the time comes, she'll be rocking the hell outta that harp. If she wants to, that is, if she wants to play the keytar I'd support her 100% as well.

The important thing to remember here is that my new dream is to be filthy rich and have someone play the harp while I eat breakfast.
I bought a CD from this 13 year old girl so I can fake it :thinking:

Kamalani

Reaction score
Title: Mark all correct answers to the given question based on the image and previous conversation. | Accept
Requester: Research Tasks [A1CEBF7WRZ74YK] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.74] [Pay=3.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.16] [Fast=4.29] [Comm=4.19] [Fair=4.72] [Reviews=252] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=4.08] [Pen=1.04 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.35
Duration: 1800
Available: 1612
Description: Mark all correct answers to the given question based on the image and previous conversation.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; v_2-Qualified Workers EqualTo 40; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
How in the heck do I not have this qual already??

Reactions: jan

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Morning!!

Pleco @Pleco - I totally have farmers hours. I like to get up early and work out lol.
I worked out at 6 this morning and my kid was annoying me the whole time. just a reminder why I need to get up at 4 and workout before everyone else is awake.

Pleco

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Morning!!

Pleco @Pleco - I totally have farmers hours. I like to get up early and work out lol.
I worked out at 6 this morning and my kid was annoying me the whole time. just a reminder why I need to get up at 4 and workout before everyone else is awake.
There ain't no shame in getting up early and being productive.

Some people would say that my sleep schedule is totally fucked because it's 4:40am and I'm still up. But I just push all the negativity aside and keep making the same bad choices I've always made.

You don't let anyone shame you because of your sleep schedule, girl.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
There ain't no shame in getting up early and being productive.

Some people would say that my sleep schedule is totally fucked because it's 4:40am and I'm still up. But I just push all the negativity aside and keep making the same bad choices I've always made.

You don't let anyone shame you because of your sleep schedule, girl.
I'm proud of my sleep schedule, LOL! I could workout when the kid is in school, but I've realized I am lazy and won't...I have to workout as soon as I wake up and don't realize what I'm doing.

Pleco

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm proud of my sleep schedule, LOL! I could workout when the kid is in school, but I've realized I am lazy and won't...I have to workout as soon as I wake up and don't realize what I'm doing.
That's why I like opening up bills first thing in the morning. Before I realize what I'm doing and how much I truly owe.

Status
Not open for further replies.