10/19 - Tacky Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Problem is i'm qual'd out from doing the qual.
- b99599ff DoesNotExist Your values - 100

I tried emailing them about it and they just gave very generic answers. :(
My only guess is i accepted and accidentally returned it.
The qual just turned purple for me on PC. I have no idea if I have this "magic qual" or not, but I'm guessing not because of the struggle to find any work for myself.

JJJ

Reaction score
I just signed up for the sole purpose to agree with you. I've been doing this for at least 5 years and recently found out about the CR Research qualification and I find it completely disgusting. I hope something is done about it soon. More people need to speak up. I have 100's of qualification pages which Mturk won't even let me search (stops at 50 or so) and so I don't even know what CR qualification I have. I only know that by reading posted jobs here I see requesters that I haven't seen in at least a year which I used to work for frequently. I am now forced to deal with new requesters and train them how to be good requesters. It's a complete disaster.
Again, for internet searchability the CR Research Group #1 and CR Research Group #2 qualifications aka CloudResearch qualification aka TurkPrime is unfair to workers and regular people like me. In my opinion it is a scam to get requesters to pay into their system. It's time for Amazon and Mturk to address the issue. In other words I think Cloud Research scams requesters and takes advantage of Amazon, Mturk and Mturk workers. Cloud Research's CEOs Leib Litman and Jonathan Robinson should be held accountable.

Last edited:

NemoRolls

Reaction score
One of the generic responses i got from Cloud Research

"Hello,
Thank you for reaching out! If you continue to complete those surveys for which you are qualified, you will be able to qualify for more surveys.

Hope that helps!"

:meh::meh::meh:

• Sad
Reactions: jan

ronclark03

Reaction score
MTurk is basically dead for those of us without CR#1. I only made $19 yesterdaysitting at my computer from 5am - 7pm. :smow:
I'm not sure about that, I have consistently made $50 to $60 a day and couple days of $100. This pay period is I think the most I have ever made since starting two years ago.

• Love
Reactions: jan and DareAngel3

NemoRolls

Reaction score
I'm not sure about that, I have consistently made $50 to $60 a day and couple days of $100. This pay period is I think the most I have ever made since starting two years ago.
What have you been working on if you don't mind me asking? 75-80% of my daily PE came from surveys and there's definitely been a decline in those.

Last edited:

placematfan

Reaction score
Problem is i'm qual'd out from doing the qual.
- b99599ff DoesNotExist Your values - 100

I tried emailing them about it and they just gave very generic answers. :(
My only guess is i accepted and accidentally returned it.
They gave me generic answers, too. I was "handled" very politely. I think the situation is probably this: MTurk pays StudyLab to "run" the Qualification (they used to pay SurveyComet to do it). MTurk probably thinks StudyLab has some competent algorithm or something by which they are smartly gathering data that they then smartly analyze and come to an informed decision about the quality of a Turker's work. But, of course, that isn't happening. StudyLab grants the CR1, CR2, and mysterious b99599ff Qualifications based on one, maybe two or three, hits (all under $1), and those Qualifications may bar a worker, like me, from what seems like about 60, maybe more, percent of the available work on MTurk. Now, if I was designated as a poor worker because of some intelligent, criteria-gathering mechanism, I would honestly stand down; but my livelihood has been crippled because StudyLab sloppily and lazily carries out the job that Mturk hired them to do. Again, I wonder if Mturk is aware of the present caliber of BS associated with StudyLab. Maybe someone should tell them. But I'm not going to. I can't afford to risk the remaining 40% of work I CAN do.

Reactions: NemoRolls

JJJ

Reaction score
They gave me generic answers, too. I was "handled" very politely. I think the situation is probably this: MTurk pays StudyLab to "run" the Qualification (they used to pay SurveyComet to do it). MTurk probably thinks StudyLab has some competent algorithm or something by which they are smartly gathering data that they then smartly analyze and come to an informed decision about the quality of a Turker's work. But, of course, that isn't happening. StudyLab grants the CR1, CR2, and mysterious b99599ff Qualifications based on one, maybe two or three, hits (all under $1), and those Qualifications may bar a worker, like me, from what seems like about 60, maybe more, percent of the available work on MTurk. Now, if I was designated as a poor worker because of some intelligent, criteria-gathering mechanism, I would honestly stand down; but my livelihood has been crippled because StudyLab sloppily and lazily carries out the job that Mturk hired them to do. Again, I wonder if Mturk is aware of the present caliber of BS associated with StudyLab. Maybe someone should tell them. But I'm not going to. I can't afford to risk the remaining 40% of work I CAN do.
As far as I know, nobody knows how it works. The great "Bot Scare" emphasized and taken advantage of by Cloud Research is perpetual. Nowadays an algorithm which decides your future is typical. They might as well create robots to answer their own surveys. I'm glad to know there are others in the same boat as me. Thanks

Reactions: jan and NemoRolls

LumosDC

Reaction score
Reactions: Michele

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
MTurk is basically dead for those of us without CR#1. I only made $19 yesterdaysitting at my computer from 5am - 7pm. :smow:
I just signed up for the sole purpose to agree with you. I've been doing this for at least 5 years and recently found out about the CR Research qualification and I find it completely disgusting. I hope something is done about it soon. More people need to speak up. I have 100's of qualification pages which Mturk won't even let me search (stops at 50 or so) and so I don't even know what CR qualification I have. I only know that by reading posted jobs here I see requesters that I haven't seen in at least a year which I used to work for frequently. I am now forced to deal with new requesters and train them how to be good requesters. It's a complete disaster.
If it makes y'all feel any better, it really isn't that much better for people that do have that qual. The platform itself is slowly dying. It is a shell of what it used to be. Good requesters are few and far between. Everyone is fighting over the same five or six halfway decent HITs that show up, so you are lucky to grab two or three an hour. Batches are scarce. Unless you have decent closed quals or get lucky, it's hard to make anything worth crowing about on a regular basis anymore. There are always a few people that can make $80-150 a day on MTurk or more, and will tell you you just aren't looking in the right places or using the right tools, etc, so take my words with a grain of salt. But in my seven plus years of doing this, it is as slow as I have seen it.

jan

Reaction score
Our lawnmower is still in the giant hole of our collapsed garage floor (that's been 2 months and insurance company is still fighting us on, btw). We hired someone the last 2 times to mow for us and there was a wasp nest in the ground and despite spraying and treating and calling a pro, those buggers are still there and now the lawn mower guys won't come back (understandable). Like you, I want one more mow before the snow comes but I refuse to buy a mower and not have a place to store it with the whole garage and workshop being unstable. I think I might just try to borrow one from a neighbour. I'll bake em some cookies and fill the tank (or battery).

I'm just not quite ready for end of the season cleanup yet :(:(
If they don't fix the garage before the snow comes......will it have to stay that way until spring? :(

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: A survey about vacation ad | PANDA
Requester: Faye [A329V8JIJ9NPBP]
TurkerView: [ $11.32 / hour ]
Description: Give us your opinion about an ad
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 20
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50
  • Location EqualTo US
[3XIFEF0YTSGNG4FTEPF1Q5S39EQTWI]

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: Michele

JJJ

Reaction score
Again, for internet searchability the CR Research Group #1 and CR Research Group #2 qualifications aka CloudResearch qualification aka TurkPrime is unfair to workers and regular people like me. In my opinion it is a scam to get requesters to pay into their system. It's time for Amazon and Mturk to address the issue. In other words I think Cloud Research scams requesters and takes advantage of Amazon, Mturk and Mturk workers. Cloud Research's CEOs Leib Litman and Jonathan Robinson should be held accountable.

BTW for demographics and ratings because it is relevant. CA, Los Angeles and for the record I am responsible for about 3 of those 48 rejections the rest are provided by scammers. I am copying/pasting from the site so format is weird.
Approved
Approval Rate
99.75%
Rejected
Rejection Rate
0.25%
Approved HITs$22,548.01
Bonuses$1,788.61
Total Earnings$24,336.62

Last edited:

JJJ

Reaction score
If it makes y'all feel any better, it really isn't that much better for people that do have that qual. The platform itself is slowly dying. It is a shell of what it used to be. Good requesters are few and far between. Everyone is fighting over the same five or six halfway decent HITs that show up, so you are lucky to grab two or three an hour. Batches are scarce. Unless you have decent closed quals or get lucky, it's hard to make anything worth crowing about on a regular basis anymore. There are always a few people that can make $80-150 a day on MTurk or more, and will tell you you just aren't looking in the right places or using the right tools, etc, so take my words with a grain of salt. But in my seven plus years of doing this, it is as slow as I have seen it.
Thank you, quals + batch got me through last week and over the weekend but from what I see posted here CR Research Group #1 seems to make a real difference.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Academic survey about different cognitive styles. Accept
Requester: Brett Andersen [A39RO4KJDIHYYW] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.11][Pay=Good][Approval=1-3 days][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.00][Fast=5.00][Comm=0.00][Fair=5.00][Reviews=1][ToS=0]
Reward: $5.00
Duration: 04:00:00
Available: 1
Description: This survey contains some academic questionnaires and a brief IQ test. There are 195 questions (all multiple choice) and it will take approximately 45 minutes to complete.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US; Completed DCS Already DoesNotExist

Reactions: Blakkat

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey on Decision Making(~ 3 minutes)Accept
Requester: Q. Lab [AF8FKBE8S9BK4] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.78][Pay=Good][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.79][Fast=4.94][Comm=4.00][Fair=5.00][Reviews=43][ToS=0]
Reward: $0.50
Duration: 00:12:00
Available: 32
Description: Short Survey on Consumer Product Choice
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [1340798953-325171] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

Status
Not open for further replies.