10/13 - Serene Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
the TO looks awful:disapprove:
I didn't even look at the TO before accepting. It was relatively painless. Sort of fun as well. The only negative was the two people that dropped the HIT before I got matched with a partner that stuck it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: jan

Dave Mason

Reaction score
Guys, I'm new here. I was thinking about doing Mturk as side work in between food delivers. I guess I'm mainly looking for the "grind it out for pennies" work that have lots of HITS, but you can finish a hit in 1-5 minutes. Are there usually a lot of those? What should I look for? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Edit: Also, if I'm doing a long survey, is it possible to pause it or do you get timed out after a while?

Last edited:

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
Guys, I'm new here. I was thinking about doing Mturk as side work in between food delivers. I guess I'm mainly looking for the "grind it out for pennies" work that have lots of HITS, but you can finish a hit in 1-5 minutes. Are there usually a lot of those? What should I look for? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Edit: Also, if I'm doing a long survey, is it possible to pause it or do you get timed out after a while?
If you can catch them the Amazon Requester Text Transcriptions are quick and you can get a lot done when a batch of them is released. I did 400 of them in a pretty short period of time. A few hours in the morning and a few hours at night.

Fair warning though. They were pending for a full week if I remember right. I didn't have any rejections but they just sat there staring at me for a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: FireMonkey

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer an approx. 2 minute survey about an advertisement | Accept
Requester: Luke Liska [A1OGO43X577CBY] Contact
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.25
Duration: 600
Available: 1
Description: Answer a few questions for a single product + a few generic questions.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
a little over a minute.[/td][/tr]

FireMonkey

Reaction score

I've been turking for awhile now and recently started a food delivery job, so same boat! It's working out nicely. There are quite a few batches with very short hits, but make sure to check their TO (turkopticon.ucsd.edu/) ratings for "fairness". You'll stay qualified for more hits if you keep your approval rate high, so you don't want to do a bunch for a requester who's unfair and rejects your hits without reason. I recommend batches by Alexandria, Vision AI2, ipsoft, Emily Wilson, Hannah Rashkin, and Noah, and also Rowan Zellers if you can get the qualification. They are all extremely fair in my experience. As Nikoratos mentioned, Amazon Requester Inc. is good, but they do reject, so be cautious.

There's a time limit on all hits, and most surveys will time out at 1-2 hours max. You can leave a survey for awhile and come back to it unless it says at the beginning that you must complete it in one sitting.

Last edited:

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
1 hour left for dibs!
if you do call it, please tag me or else I might miss it

Status
Not open for further replies.