10/11 - Modish Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

freekshow420

Reaction score
freekshow420 @freekshow420 Might be late, but yes, those are worth doing. They only let you do one though, is the issue. Easy, subjective, and well-paid. Basically Trivia for 20-30 min, and you can answer IDK if you don't know it.
i ended up rolling the dice on it and went through it. Like you stated it was easy and the payment is nice as well especially for today being a holiday.

Reactions: Pacis Amans

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score

PandaThief

Reaction score
I have to say you are braver than I am. Would love to go back to Amsterdam. But with so many pilots not wanting to fly because of the blood clots and so many flights being rerouted and people the same, I would not do well waiting in line for transfers that weren't supposed to happen. Have you made certain when you get where you are going you won't have to spend time in quarantine? Jabs don't matter if you test positive and many jabbed are. and if you do, will you be responsible for the "accommadations?" and with the transfers, how many times could that happen? Sorry, I'm a person that covers every possible concievable base. On the other hand, have a great time sincerely.
I've checked and everything is on schedule at this time with no delays or cancellations, traveling to Paris is pretty much opened and welcoming for those with proof of vaccination , that goes for England too. Amsterdam might be an issue for Americans but i'll worry about that when i get to Europe and i can always cancel that portion fo the trip easily if anything arises. Yea it was risky traveling international during the pandemic but it's something me and the wife had on our lists for such a long time so we didn't want covid to deter us. Thanks for the warnings and heads up, As far as i know the pilots are only striking on Southwest airline and not American

Reactions: HelloHello

cassius

Reaction score
I've checked and everything is on schedule at this time with no delays or cancellations, traveling to Paris is pretty much opened and welcoming for those with proof of vaccination , that goes for England too. Amsterdam might be an issue for Americans but i'll worry about that when i get to Europe and i can always cancel that portion fo the trip easily if anything arises. Yea it was risky traveling international during the pandemic but it's something me and the wife had on our lists for such a long time so we didn't want covid to deter us. Thanks for the warnings and heads up, As far as i know the pilots are only striking on Southwest airline and not American
I do wish you the best. Hopefully it goes well and no problems. I would double check any testing, just cause ... it would terrify me, anyway, to be stuck somewhere far away from home. Have a great time and I do hope all goes extremely well.

blackpupjean

Reaction score
Heading to Paris in 2 days, any tips and tricks for a first timer ? Fully vaccinated btw
I just came back from Greece a few weeks ago. Yes, wear compression socks. I wore them on the way and I was fine. Didn't wear them on the way back and had bad charley horses the next night. Be prepared for cramped quarters for a long long time. Try to get up and move around every couple of hours. Go to the bathroom even if you don't have to go. Eat something before you board the plane. The food quality on the plane isn't the best. Be prepared to be up for a very long time. Unless you can sleep anywhere.

This was my first long haul flight. Be prepared for late planes. Hopefully your connection is at least two hours between flights. Make sure you bring a European power outlet adapter. Europe doesn't have the rectangle plugs like we do, they have round plugs.

Most of all, have a very good time.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
Try having a packed lunch sitting by the reflecting pool across from the Louvre.

We love Paris.
it's a great walking town....make sure you take some long walks, enjoy the cafes , stores, and galleries. Do you speak any French? That helps a lot.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
I do wish you the best. Hopefully it goes well and no problems. I would double check any testing, just cause ... it would terrify me, anyway, to be stuck somewhere far away from home. Have a great time and I do hope all goes extremely well.
a few years out of a college I spent consecutive summers in the old Soviet Union and Hong kong/China, then a month around Europe. Some of the best times of my life

cassius

Reaction score
also, I do know a financial person who is stuck apparently in Amsterdam. i think she can get out to the nordic countries and is not doing some of those interviews by remote. i could be mistaken. but back here? she hasn't made it yet.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer questions about news headlines posted on FB (10-15 mins) | PANDA
Requester: CENs [A3S4MA8P29ZR1F]
TurkerView: [ $22.92 / hour ]
Description: Give us your opinion about news headlines of controversial topics posted on FB
Duration: 45 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000
  • Completed_sufficient_#_HITs DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99
  • Location EqualTo US
[3X19M43Z50Q2EQ6OBOKA634FVE0D0X]

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: "Snail": Judge trivia statements true or false | PANDA
Requester: UMD Linguistics Research Group [A2DK3VTMC9CF32]
TurkerView: [ $18.95 / hour ]
Description: 60-minute task: answer trivia questions and check for errors
Duration: 120 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $12.00
Qualifications:
  • prevent multiple HITs for MI studies DoesNotExist
  • Test for native proficiency in American English, v2.0 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 7
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location EqualTo US
[3SIEQXXS6F7NMMLZZ2PKQSMFNMD4QH]

PandaThief

Reaction score
I just came back from Greece a few weeks ago. Yes, wear compression socks. I wore them on the way and I was fine. Didn't wear them on the way back and had bad charley horses the next night. Be prepared for cramped quarters for a long long time. Try to get up and move around every couple of hours. Go to the bathroom even if you don't have to go. Eat something before you board the plane. The food quality on the plane isn't the best. Be prepared to be up for a very long time. Unless you can sleep anywhere.

This was my first long haul flight. Be prepared for late planes. Hopefully your connection is at least two hours between flights. Make sure you bring a European power outlet adapter. Europe doesn't have the rectangle plugs like we do, they have round plugs.

Most of all, have a very good time.
did you need a covid test before entering the US ?

blackpupjean

Reaction score
You or someone at this location has already taken this study or a study in this study group. Do not accept this HIT. (Code )
If you previously started this study but did not submit it, it might be found in HITs Assigned to You

Is this something new. I'm getting a lot of them. But I haven't done any HITS in over a month

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Consumer Scenario Study(~ 8 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Annabelle Roberts [AATUQ4YBH7D78]
TurkerView: [ $13.37 / hour ]
Description: We are researchers at the University of Chicago doing a research study about human decision making. You will read a scenario about a consumer product and rate your reactions.
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 2
Reward: $0.85
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90
  • Exc: [10326310-323323] DoesNotExist
  • CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Location In US
[3YR6VNT52404FVBEW45SQSNSM4X7BN]

LumosDC

Reaction score