10/11 - Fantabulous Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I have the day off but still wide awake at 5:30.

at sunrise I’m running 5miles:whip:

I would rather be asleep right now.

cassius

Reaction score
Well this is amusing. Guess mturk has run its course. oh well, made 70 cents off of pickfu this morning. :qblock:

jan

Reaction score
Title: Participate in an academic study and receive $1.00 | Accept
Requester: OBStudies [A1ILRSTAHO3R66] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.07] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.17] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=7] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 28
Description: Participate in a task that will take around 10 mins to complete
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: scrmcasey and savvy

jan

Reaction score
Title: Record your speech | Accept
Requester: Lars Christensen [AG229FKXF9MP] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.52] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=2.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=1.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: Read out loud phrases while recording your speech
Qualifications: Command words - Block past workers DoesNotExist ; Short Command words - Block past workers DoesNotExist ; Location In CA, US

Reactions: scrmcasey and savvy

alk69

Reaction score
Who is Alan Merlehan and why are there 1403 HITs up that are still up? Just how broken/hideous are these? How low is the low down?

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
Title: Prescreening Demographic Survey(~ 3 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Jason J Dahling [A3VPKQM5WP098T] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.98] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.59] [Fast=4.11] [Comm=3.55] [Fair=4.26] [Reviews=35] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.15
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: Complete a very short pre-screening survey to determine your eligibility for future Psychology studies! (US Only)
Qualifications: Exc: [175895-175306] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

Reactions: scrmcasey

alk69

Reaction score
I post this, not because it's so hot, but because it's all I've been able to do this morning...and it's ART! Not hard--if you find it difficult, well we all have our faults......I found it relaxing, but, it's ART!
Title: Quick survey about painting preferences(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Social Cognitive Development Lab [AFIUI62ZVMDFA] (Req TV): $15.11/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.04] [Fair: 4.47] [Comm: 2.80] [Fast: 4.39]
Description:
quick, 2min, preferences, paintings
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;
HIT Time: 4.16 min. But I actually looked at the paintings. It is a 1 min. HIT, and that's if you're fumbling about with the code trying to get your sore hands to function.

Last edited:

cassius

Reaction score
I post this, not because it's so hot, but because it's all I've been able to do this morning...and it's ART! Not hard--if you find it difficult, well we all have our faults......I found it relaxing, but, it's ART!
Title: Quick survey about painting preferences(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Social Cognitive Development Lab [AFIUI62ZVMDFA] (Req TV): $15.11/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.04] [Fair: 4.47] [Comm: 2.80] [Fast: 4.39]
Description:
quick, 2min, preferences, paintings
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;
HIT Time: 4.16 min. But I actually looked at the paintings. It is a 1 min. HIT, and that's if you're fumbling about with the code trying to get your sore hands to function.
but ... but .... so my falling leaves card i just made and i can get more than 25 cents for it. :confused:

Reactions: alk69

cassius

Reaction score
Millions of images from Flickr, the photo-sharing site, are now part of a database called MegaFace, which contains the likenesses of almost 700,000 people. Their average age is 16, according to the database’s creators.​
Dozens of companies have used MegaFace to train face-identification algorithms. By law, most Americans in the database don’t need to be asked for their permission, but the situation has led to privacy concerns and, potentially, financial penalties for the companies that have used it.​
pervs:mad:

• Wow

alk69

Reaction score
ah,
masters.....
I'll answer my own question, as I should have. Previewed. All in frame. 4 companies, 2 links each to check, data to input, 2 decisions. For a buck. They are now being done, but not by me. Seems a bunch of link clicking and such for 15 minutes timer. Here it is displayed for your tedious pleasure. If this is a batch? It's gonna be scammed up 'n back to the wall in an alley.....It does say they may reject for wrong answers, though.
Title: Employer Desirability | PANDA
Requester: Alan Merlehan [ASDKOE8ENV34V] (Req TV): $-/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Compare four companies and decide which would be the best and worst employer (10 mins)
Time: 15 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1270
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95;
HIT Time: no time. I didn't do it or recommend it, but YMMV.

Last edited:
Reactions: XWarrior and jan

alk69

Reaction score
Millions of images from Flickr, the photo-sharing site, are now part of a database called MegaFace, which contains the likenesses of almost 700,000 people. Their average age is 16, according to the database’s creators.​

Dozens of companies have used MegaFace to train face-identification algorithms. By law, most Americans in the database don’t need to be asked for their permission, but the situation has led to privacy concerns and, potentially, financial penalties for the companies that have used it.​

pervs:mad:
Just exactly what do people think's gonna happen when they post pictures or anything else online? Do they believe they own them? Yes, of course they own them, but it's virtually impossible to enforce that ownership. You own it and anyone can and will steal it. How many avatars are being used without permission? Just because you can pick it up, doesn't mean that it's yours.....remember that when you write for a requester...or any where else....even here. I once was searching for information on an item, and was shown my own ad for the same thing on Craigslist. This was supposed to be ''good'' research information....actually it was, but, still.

cassius

Reaction score
Just exactly what do people think's gonna happen when they post pictures or anything else online? Do they believe they own them? Yes, of course they own them, but it's virtually impossible to enforce that ownership. You own it and anyone can and will steal it. How many avatars are being used without permission? Just because you can pick it up, doesn't mean that it's yours.....remember that when you write for a requester...or any where else....even here. I once was searching for information on an item, and was shown my own ad for the same thing on Craigslist. This was supposed to be ''good'' research information....actually it was, but, still.
taking kids without parents' permission is against the ethic code of photographers. At least now they appear to be adults and don't have to worry about pedi pervs looking for them. Rule I was taught is "may I use your child's picture and here's the permission slip to sign."

On the other hand I took a lot of R photos, we'll just call them that here for sake of argument, when they asked me to do so and posted them on flickr. hope TPTB in the tech world are having fun with those.

Last edited:

alk69

Reaction score
taking kids without parents' permission is against the ethic code of photographers. At least now they appear to be adults and don't have to worry about pedi pervs looking for them. Rule I was taught is "may I use your child's picture and here's the permission slip to sign."

On the other hand I took a lot of R photos, we'll just call them that here for sake of argument, when they asked me to do so and posted them on flickr. hope TPTB in the tech world are having fun with those.
Yes, your image is copy writed to you. All your created work is also yours. You own it, unless it's in a public place.(And art created for a public space is also under copy write to the artist, which has caused considerable problems for some public officials who didn't realized they couldn't just destroy it when they wanted.) The entire internet is being delegated to be a public place. It's not. There are still copy write laws governing how your stuff can be used. Notice how companies, and everyone, are getting around this with complicated, obfuscated TOS agreements. You agree to whatever they want when you sign up anywhere. They own you.....I could go into who owns your DNA, but that's a real scary thing, even for Halloween.

Last edited:
Reactions: cassius
Status
Not open for further replies.