10/10 - Ten Ten Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score

JanetW

working and turking
Contributor
Survey Slayer
Reaction score
HIT Time: 3 minutes
Title: Survey on Patterns of Thoughts and Beliefs | Accept
Requester: Albert Lee [A3OLAILRU742C8] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.31] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.47] [Fast=4.50] [Comm=2.33] [Fair=4.43] [Reviews=60] [ToS=1]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.70
Duration: 40:00
Available: 1
Description: This research examines examines the relationship between people’s beliefs and the patterns in their judgments.The entire session, consisting of two separate studies, takes about 15-20 minutes.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: cassius

jan

Reaction score

mamaginabean

Reaction score
Back on 9/10 I got a rejection due to "missing an attention check", so I emailed them to ask them what I had missed. They replied
"Before receiving your e-mail, we noticed that your job was rejected inadvertently but we will correct the mistake and approve your assignment in two days. Thank you for your understanding,"

They still haven't reversed it, despite me sending an additional handful of very polite emails requesting them to do so.

Amazon probably won't do anything about it even though they admitted that it was an error on their end, will they? So basically bend over and take it? Think there's a point in continuing to send reminder emails? I'm so flipping annoyed.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Back on 9/10 I got a rejection due to "missing an attention check", so I emailed them to ask them what I had missed. They replied
"Before receiving your e-mail, we noticed that your job was rejected inadvertently but we will correct the mistake and approve your assignment in two days. Thank you for your understanding,"

They still haven't reversed it, despite me sending an additional handful of very polite emails requesting them to do so.

Amazon probably won't do anything about it even though they admitted that it was an error on their end, will they? So basically bend over and take it? Think there's a point in continuing to send reminder emails? I'm so flipping annoyed.
I'm sorry :( That's happened to me a couple times too. I believe there is a 30 day window for rejections to be reversed, so that rejection is likely going to stick now unfortunately.

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score

if it's a university requester, you can complain to their IRB. also Check to see if it's a student (then email their major professor :). But you have passed the window of approval, I think.

OTOH, complaining sometimes gives me peace of mind :).

eta: my pinkie is broken and typing is slow + got to get ready to do carpool. sorry for disjointed answer!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: savvy and scrmcasey

cassius

Reaction score
"They're trying to create a control grid that captures all the information – video, audio – wherever you're at, streams it back to a centralized data repository," he stated, "and then this god-like AI is able to figure out what it is that you're doing, who you're associating with, and create a shadow Facebook profile that you don't know exists, but exists for them."

Hmm ... Just what have we been up to? Shadow Man, Hat Man, Man in Black? Oh, Google Man!:stig:

• Haha
Reactions: alk69

PandaThief

Reaction score
Gm turkers, i have no idea what Noah's prob is. I did two of his hits yesterday where you continue a conversation naturally but the other player disconnected and i was prompted to submit the hit but was rejected saying i did not complete the full conversation. He was so good but now his hits are iffy and you don't know if a rejection is coming your way for no good reason, ugh

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I took off my glasses and then had to hunch over and lean in to see the computer screen.

I'm not awake.

Good morning.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Haha Clayton Kershaw.

• Haha
Reactions: Markb