10/08 - Mr. Wizard Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Just caught this, but giving it a pass due to the TO.

If you're up for it, returning in 5 min
I'm not sure about previous experiments but, I did this one. It was super simple, and over in wayyy less than 10minutes.
The TO 2 is more accurate, on this one.:)
"Took me 5 minutes going fast. Shouldn't take more than ~10 minutes I'd say. Requires you to play some sort of games and then answer some writing questions(about 1-2 sentences each)"https://turkopticon.info/requesters/A3C79NCG9MFEH8

EDIT Actually, after the first 2 or 3 on TO, those are accurate as well. Basically, a simple, quick HIT. But, up to you, I guess.
Game+few questions.
For the person who complained about the controls, I'm just going to say that things control the way they do, in an experiment, for a reason.

Last edited:

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
~5.5 mins.

Title: First impressions survey | Accept
Requester: Claire Ashton-James [A1S5HUOO427A7H] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=1.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=20.00] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 900
Available: 1
Description: View images, short videos, or sound clips and provide your impressions of the content
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
I'm not sure about previous experiments but, I did this one. It was super simple, and over in wayyy less than 10minutes.
The TO 2 is more accurate, on this one.:)
"Took me 5 minutes going fast. Shouldn't take more than ~10 minutes I'd say. Requires you to play some sort of games and then answer some writing questions(about 1-2 sentences each)"https://turkopticon.info/requesters/A3C79NCG9MFEH8

EDIT Actually, after the first 2 or 3 on TO, those are accurate as well. Basically, a simple, quick HIT. But, up to you, I guess.
Game+few questions.
For the person who complained about the controls, I'm just going to say that things control the way they do, in an experiment, for a reason.
Okay, returned the HIT.

I appreciate you sharing your experience, Jerami. TO had 4 different reviewers mention buggy and laggy code, so bad they had to return HITs unpaid. That's why I said no. We have different experiences. This review helped me make that decision:

"incompetent coders. using unity and the controls don't respond because the code is so bloated. even just clicking on the id submit button took forever to submit. then trails for awsd control didn't work as expected. it should be smooth but no. it's just to wonky and bloated and laggy. and then click on begin experiment never loaded the experiment. spent about 17 minutes an finally gave up."

A few others report buggy response. I'm glad it worked good for you Jerami.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Okay, returned the HIT.

I appreciate you sharing your experience, Jerami. TO had 4 different reviewers mention buggy and laggy code, so bad they had to return HITs unpaid. That's why I said no. We have different experiences. This review helped me make that decision:

"incompetent coders. using unity and the controls don't respond because the code is so bloated.
even just clicking on the id submit button took forever to submit.
then trails for awsd control didn't work as expected. it should be smooth but no. it's just to wonky and bloated and laggy. and then click on begin experiment never loaded the experiment.
spent about 17 minutes an finally gave up."

A few others report buggy response. I'm glad it worked good for you Jerami.
I hear you.` That was the one I was disputing but, I understand.
Whne they said, "incompetent coders. using unity and the controls don't respond because the code is so bloated.
then trails for awsd control didn't work as expected. it should be smooth but no. it's just to wonky and bloated and laggy"
I'm pretty sure it responded as intended, without speaking about content.
And when they said, "even just clicking on the id submit button took forever to submit." I just think it's a data heavy upload, because it's uploading all of your movement data from Unity. So, it makes sense. Anyway, just trying to help. But, even at 17 minutes for a worst-case scenario isn't bad for $3, imo. But, we all have different standards.:)

EDIT Upon rereading, I guess 17min isn't good for them because they returned it. But, I think they were expecting to be testing a game when, I don't think that's the intention of the HIT. But, I'm glad you did what you feel safe with. :D

Either way, whatever works for you. It's your Banana stand.

Last edited:

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
I hear you.` That was the one I was disputing but, I understand.
Whne they said, "incompetent coders. using unity and the controls don't respond because the code is so bloated.
then trails for awsd control didn't work as expected. it should be smooth but no. it's just to wonky and bloated and laggy"
I'm pretty sure it responded as intended, without speaking about content.
And when they said, "even just clicking on the id submit button took forever to submit." I just think it's a data heavy upload, because it's uploading all of your movement data from Unity. So, it makes sense. Anyway, just trying to help. But, even at 17 minutes for a worst-case scenario isn't bad for $3, imo. But, we all have different standards.:)

EDIT Upon rereading, I guess 17min isn't good for them because they returned it. But, I think they were expecting to be testing a game when, I don't think that's the intention of the HIT. But, I'm glad you did what you feel safe with. :D

Either way, whatever works for you. It's your Banana stand.
Okay.

Reactions: Jerami
Status
Not open for further replies.