10/03 - We'll Meet Again Monday

How do you like your eggs in the morning?

• Sunny side up

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Over easy

Votes: 36 23.2%
  • Over hard

Votes: 13 8.4%
  • Scrambled

Votes: 50 32.3%
  • Poached

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Wtf does this even mean?

Votes: 18 11.6%
  • Quiche

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Marshmallows

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
So, I'm resigning as admin, here at MTC. :depressed:

I've been sitting here for far too long, getting far too emotional, over just how I want to word my big resignation post and I just can't seem to start it off right. Nothing sounds right. So, I figured I would just come right out and say it. I'm stepping down.

I'm sure this is probably taking many by surprise, but really, it has been a long time coming. I'm sure it's pretty apparent to anyone that has paid attention that I've been dealing with personal stuff for the last several months, and as anyone that really knows me can tell you, I have a terrible habit of focusing all of my attention on things like this forum, at the expense of my own mental health. I tend to focus so much that I can't pull myself away, and stress just starts to build and pile on. It affects me very negatively and, as someone that already has some pretty major mental health issues, it really starts to affect my physical health as well. I need to step away from the responsibility and the stress for a good, long time, I think. As much as I love this place, I really need to focus on other things. I think it's the best thing that I can do for myself, right now.

I'm not necessarily going anywhere, though! Not permanently, anyway. I'll still be around, here and there, but I'll probably be keeping a bit of a lower profile than I typically do... especially for now, while I sort of adjust and figure things out. I just won't be a staff member here, anymore.

I would like to thank all of you, though, for just being so great. This whole experience has been absolutely incredible, and it never would have been a thing without all of you. I consider you all friends and many of you are like family to me. And that's why this decision has been so difficult for me and has taken so long. This truly is a wonderful group.

I already thanked the staff earlier, but I just want to thank them all again. I love working with every one of them so much, and I'm really going to miss it. It really is a thing of wonder that we can get 8 or 9 people together and run a forum as big as this, as efficiently and effectively as we have (and with no drama!) There are so many things that each of them do, every day, that will never be recognized by most people on this forum because those things all happen behind the scenes. They help to make this place what it is, so please, just give them a break once in a while. They all deserve it.

And thank you, everyone, for just being so good to me. Some of you have been around and dealt with me as a moderator or an administrator for years, and have had to put up with a lot of bitchiness and just plain bad days from me (Not to mention all of those edits. Sooo many edits.) Despite always doubting myself and constantly worrying that I was hurting my relationships with people on the forum by being too strict, or too forceful, or whatever, I feel like I've just always received nothing but love and appreciation in return. Like, I don't think I could even begin to count how many times I've had a really horrible day completely turned around, just by maybe a comment from someone, or even a pic, or joke, or whatever.

And as someone that is actually really, really shy (does anyone remember me from MTF or when I was new on MTG, and I only ever posted HITs but never talked because I was so fucking awkward and nervous all the time?), this community has done such a remarkable job with being so accepting and always making me feel welcome, that it really helped me to open up and come out of that shell that I had been hiding in for so long. It has allowed me to be comfortable with being myself in front of others, which is something that I've always struggled with. That really means the the world to me and is probably my sole reason for continuing on with this for as long as I have. There's so much love and positivity in this community, it really is something special. You guys are the best and I absolutely adore every single one of you. :blueheart::blueheart::blueheart::blueheart:

Farewell, friends...
Evelyn
:aveline:

I apologize for the length, but I just started typing and I guess it just all came out. I'm sure my punctuation is atrocious, too.

D

Deleted member 526

I've been sitting here for far too long, getting far too emotional, over just how I want to word my big resignation post and I just can't seem to start it off right. Nothing sounds right. So, I figured I would just come right out and say it. I'm stepping down.

I'm sure this is probably taking many by surprise, but really, it has been a long time coming. I'm sure it's pretty apparent to anyone that has paid attention that I've been dealing with personal stuff for the last several months, and as anyone that really knows me can tell you, I have a terrible habit of focusing all of my attention on things like this forum, at the expense of my own mental health. I tend to focus so much that I can't pull myself away, and stress just starts to build and pile on. It affects me very negatively and, as someone that already has some pretty major mental health issues, it really starts to affect my physical health as well. I need to step away from the responsibility and the stress for a good, long time, I think. As much as I love this place, I really need to focus on other things. I think it's the best thing that I can do for myself, right now.

I'm not necessarily going anywhere, though! Not permanently, anyway. I'll still be around, here and there, but I'll probably be keeping a bit of a lower profile than I typically do... especially for now, while I sort of adjust and figure things out. I just won't be a staff member here, anymore.

I would like to thank all of you, though, for just being so great. This whole experience has been absolutely incredible, and it never would have been a thing without all of you. I consider you all friends and many of you are like family to me. And that's why this decision has been so difficult for me and has taken so long. This truly is a wonderful group.

I already thanked the staff earlier, but I just want to thank them all again. I love working with every one of them so much, and I'm really going to miss it. It really is a thing of wonder that we can get 8 or 9 people together and run a forum as big as this, as efficiently and effectively as we have (and with no drama!) There are so many things that each of them do, every day, that will never be recognized by most people on this forum because those things all happen behind the scenes. They help to make this place what it is, so please, just give them a break once in a while. They all deserve it.

And thank you, everyone, for just being so good to me. Some of you have been around and dealt with me as a moderator or an administrator for years, and have had to put up with a lot of bitchiness and just plain bad days from me (Not to mention all of those edits. Sooo many edits.) Despite always doubting myself and constantly worrying that I was hurting my relationships with people on the forum by being too strict, or too forceful, or whatever, I feel like I've just always received nothing but love and appreciation in return. Like, I don't think I could even begin to count how many times I've had a really horrible day completely turned around, just by maybe a comment from someone, or even a pic, or joke, or whatever.

And as someone that is actually really, really shy (does anyone remember me from MTF or when I was new on MTG, and I only ever posted HITs but never talked because I was so fucking awkward and nervous all the time?), this community has done such a remarkable job with being so accepting and always making me feel welcome, that it really helped me to open up and come out of that shell that I had been hiding in for so long. It has allowed me to be comfortable with being myself in front of others, which is something that I've always struggled with. That really means the the world to me and is probably my sole reason for continuing on with this for as long as I have. There's so much love and positivity in this community, it really is something special. You guys are the best and I absolutely adore every single one of you. :blueheart::blueheart::blueheart::blueheart:

Farewell, friends...
Evelyn

I apologize for the length, but I just started typing and I guess it just all came out. I'm sure my punctuation is atrocious, too.
I'm happy you are doing what's best for you! you are great and you will be missed a lot as an admin! I hope you do stay as a non-admin but very happy you are doing the right thing for you! remember we think you are great if you doubt yourself :)
:blueheart::greenheart::heart::heartdecoration::heartpulse::heartbeat::purpleheart::sparklingheart::yellowheart::blueheart::greenheart::heart::heartdecoration::heartpulse::heartbeat::purpleheart::sparklingheart::twohearts::yellowheart:

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score

Farewell, friends...
Evelyn

This makes my heart very heavy. We couldn't have done this without you and I wouldn't have wanted to do it without you. You are an invaluable member of this community and you're irreplaceable. You have been such a vital part of MTC, it's hard to imagine continuing without you on staff. I've always felt like you were the middle ground between all of us. The person I've always sought advice from to make sure I was handling situations fairly. When you first started as a mod on mtg, I was honestly not so sure we would get along (lol), but my opinion quickly changed. I went from being unsure of your style to having the utmost respect for you. I really can not say enough to encompass all the positive influence you've had on me and this community. I appreciate you so much for everything you have done.

I wish you the very best, positive, love, and support. <3

I hope you know that we would welcome you back with open arms if at any time you decide you want to.

:cry:

redtokyoboxers

the güero you cannot sweat-o
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score

Farewell, friends...
Evelyn

Be well, Evelyn. I'll save some extra dumb posts just for you.

Azazael

Reaction score

Farewell, friends...
Evelyn

well... damn :(

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score

Farewell, friends...
Evelyn

:viscidgreenbile:

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score

Farewell, friends...
Evelyn

It's not hard to stay around after you step down... but it is incredibly freeing. Take care of you.

Barbwire

Averagely-known member
Contributor
Reaction score

Farewell, friends...
Evelyn

LurkyTurkey

Contributor
Reaction score
Ugh, I'm sad to read that someone was struggling in that way. I didn't know there was a problem. Maybe it would be better if there were a mandatory mod sabbatical or limited days/hours. (Can mods temp-ban themselves to force a break?) Now I'm side-eyeing Jaded @Jaded b/c she often posts after declaring that she's going to sleep or leaving for a book-signing tour.

aveline @aveline Thanks for everything. I hope you find more time for yourself and recover soon.

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score

Farewell, friends...
Evelyn

This world sucks and i'm sorry about the shyness. I know what thats like. You fix you first! You have a group of people that will always have your back, and be waiting for you. Please take care.

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
aveline @aveline Glad you are taking the time for your health! You deserve happiness because you are worth it. We are all worthy. We all bring something to life and shape the world in our own ways, no matter how small. I fully empathize with you because I know what it feels like to be in so much pain. I know what its like to feel voiceless. I had severe social anxiety growing up and struggled with depression for many years and felt like I was at the bottom many times. I have to say that taking time for your mental health is the smartest decision you could ever make. When you are standing in the middle of the blaze, its understandable to feel like you are choking on the smoke, but you dont have to put out the fire alone. There are so many kind, compassionate human beings on this planet who want to help you. No one should feel unworthy of life. When we build each other up instead of tearing each other down, the collective succeeds and humanity flourishes. The fact that you are willing to share this very private moment shows your strength and courage. I'll don this black cat icon in my signature until your return. Cheers to you and your life, when you come back I will buy a pizza with as much or as little pineapple as you want.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score

Farewell, friends...
Evelyn

https://www.google.com/search?q=why+am+i+crying+who+is+cutting+onions

:hug:

coosa

Crivens!
Contributor
Reaction score
:eek: :unsure: :arghh: :cry:

:hug:

You've got to do what is best for you, aveline @aveline . This forum is a wonderful place, but it is not nearly as important as your health and peace of mind. You are loved and respected here, and I hope that knowledge gives you strength and comfort. You've been a big part of creating something really, really good and you've always got this to be proud of.

Love you.

Barbwire

Averagely-known member
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Lottery Game | PANDA
Requester: Alex Van Zant [A3VDQ7V0QCT9PM] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.58 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.88 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 49 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Play a lottery with another partner.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 101
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US

Status
Not open for further replies.