1/4 - Floofy Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
good rates. I don't think I've ever had a badly paid one. The only drawback is that there's not really a way to fight unfair rejections other than messaging the requester.
message the staff. I had to do that twice and they really went to bat for me with the requesters...who no longer have accounts on Prolific, BTW.

thewupk

Reaction score
Title: Super short survey, 50% chance to win $2 bonus(~ 2 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Giulia Maimone [A3C1MEOVGUMUQR] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.93] [Pay=3.75] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=7.71] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 15:00
Available: 1
Description: decision-making survey
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [121569-120980] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

SmolAliens

Reaction score
Prolific is great, albeit sparse unless you're able to keep a tab open 24/7 with the extension running. You can't catch tasks, only get an alert when one pops up via the extension. VERY rarely I will get an email from Prolific about a study that's needing more participants, but don't count on that.

Most studies pay at least a fair wage, it's just that you'll never fill a work day up with Prolific the way you could with MTurk. The exchange rate works out in your favor if you're in the US as they pay out in GBP, and if you cash out with Circle, it auto-converts to $ and you can instantly transfer to your debit card after the funds are sent over from Prolific (which IIRC they do on Tuesdays/Fridays).

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
message the staff. I had to do that twice and they really went to bat for me with the requesters...who no longer have accounts on Prolific, BTW.
Yeah a reqquestor effed me once and prolific made it right and paid me

LoveMyLife

Reaction score
About 15 mins.

Title: This survey will be about the usage of several DESKTOP websites | PANDA
Requester: Jonathan Hildebrand [A37IVWTBD21B20] (Req TV): $29.06/hr
(TO): [Pay: 1.74] [Fair: 2.00] [Comm: 1.67] [Fast: 2.12]
Description:
You will review several desktop websites and then be asked to provide feedback.
Time: 2 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US;

Title: This survey will be about the usage of several MOBILE websites | PANDA
Requester: Jonathan Hildebrand [A37IVWTBD21B20] (Req TV): $29.06/hr
(TO): [Pay: 1.74] [Fair: 2.00] [Comm: 1.67] [Fast: 2.12]
Description:
You will review several mobile websites and then be asked to provide feedback.
Time: 2 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US;

Reactions: Kliq

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Prolific is great, albeit sparse unless you're able to keep a tab open 24/7 with the extension running. You can't catch tasks, only get an alert when one pops up via the extension. VERY rarely I will get an email from Prolific about a study that's needing more participants, but don't count on that.

Most studies pay at least a fair wage, it's just that you'll never fill a work day up with Prolific the way you could with MTurk. The exchange rate works out in your favor if you're in the US as they pay out in GBP, and if you cash out with Circle, it auto-converts to $ and you can instantly transfer to your debit card after the funds are sent over from Prolific (which IIRC they do on Tuesdays/Fridays).
A little side money here and there basically then? Might as least fill in some of the slow turk times, I suppose I'll give it a look sometime today then. I always like more money.

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

I had mine set to use Paypal, is that going to be a problem with the conversion? I didn't even think about that.

SmolAliens

Reaction score
A little side money here and there basically then? Might as least fill in some of the slow turk times, I suppose I'll give it a look sometime today then. I always like more money.
Exactly. One of the key things with doing online work like MTurk is to maximize your income potential by getting a lot of revenue streams going. $5-10/day, or even $1-2 a day, really adds up if you can get it from several different sites.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I cash out 1-2 times a month with $25-30. Not much but it definitely helps.

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly. One of the key things with doing online work like MTurk is to maximize your income potential by getting a lot of revenue streams going. $5-10/day, or even $1-2 a day, really adds up if you can get it from several different sites.
I've mostly just stuck to turking, haven't really come across a lot of other things that I've found profitable enough. But the internet is vast and I'm sure there are a number of things I am not aware of. In general I try and pull in about a grand of side income a month, which hasn't been too bad to do with mturk.

Kliq

Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Sarah Cogswell for work related to 375VMB7D4KL8DMPSA6T90X0NBZTIDX.
The value of your bonus is: $2.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Performed in the top 20% for the Research Skills, job skills test(s). Thank you for participating!

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It's not a problem, but PayPal charges quite a bit of fees when you cash out through them. Circle does not.
they have a higher fee for cashing out with paypal. IMO, it's better to use circle. lower fee and it's quick.
I use Circle because cashing out over 20quid is free, paypal's fees are higher
Thanks for the advice, i had never heard of circle before so i had set it up to use my Paypal. I've made a circle account but it says i have to wait about 30 hours to change my information in Prolific again apparently since i had just set it to paypal recently. But thats not a problem i won't make much by then anyways heh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.