• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Opinions about health-related issues (10 min) | PANDA
Requester: Upenn Comm Research [ALBIYUH9A7X3H] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.67] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Read short materials and answer questions about health-related issues
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 100; e-cig rep has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; Location is US;

Reactions: tempo

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
I have all the hits, look at the timers, they are gonna screw us cause its not even out yet...*sigh*
I grabbed episode one cause I might have enough time to watch it and get it done before the timer runs out.
But I don't think binge watching the whole show for money is worth getting no sleep at all, plus if I'm going to watch it, I want to enjoy it at a slower pace than just destroying them in one night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Azazael

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
I grabbed episode one cause I might have enough time to watch it and get it done before the timer runs out.
But I don't think binge watching the whole show for money is worth getting no sleep at all, plus if I'm going to watch it, I want to enjoy it at a slower pace than just destroying them in one night.
FYI there are 13 episodes, so that 13 episodes of your life gone. You'll be awake to catch Zoltars, if you don't fall asleep.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Did you watch Jessica Jones? They handled the issues in that show fucking amazingly! I was SO impressed.
The Jessica Jones series kicks ass, and I've watched it with 3 other people now, usually me, trying to get them into it :rolleyes:

Off to load up Luke Cage. Any batches going?

Reactions: WalkingEmphasis

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
The Jessica Jones series kicks ass, and I've watched it with 3 other people now, usually me, trying to get them into it :rolleyes:

Off to load up Luke Cage. Any batches going?
Ugh, people don't get it. It was genuinely groundbreaking in how they handled so many things. And jesus, talk about it being nice to see a female lead that actually seemed like a real person! I loved it *so* much.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Ugh, people don't get it. It was genuinely groundbreaking in how they handled so many things. And jesus, talk about it being nice to see a female lead that actually seemed like a real person! I loved it *so* much.
Agreed re: gender. I'd like to see different body types though (as not all women are 6 feet tall Trinity's from the Matrix :rolleyes: ), and looks, although this is progress. And the metaphor for sexual violence / rape, with the mind control aspect of the characters, yes, uncomfortable and powerful, empowering. Disturbing.

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
there's a specific issue, u know the one, that they handled pretty well, i was like *holy shit*

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed re: gender. I'd like to see different body types though (as not all women are 6 feet tall Trinity's from the Matrix :rolleyes: ), and looks, although this is progress. And the metaphor for sexual violence / rape, with the mind control aspect of the characters, yes, uncomfortable and powerful, empowering. Disturbing.
there's a specific issue, u know the one, that they handled pretty well, i was like *holy shit*
I didn't mind about the height, because I'm 5'9'', so it was nice to identify, but yes, I totally hear you. Also would have been even better if they had hired a woman who isn't white. And yes... he was genuinely the creepiest villain I have seen in *anything* to date. Which kind of sucked, because I really like David Tennant. lol

Reactions: Concise and ducky

Azazael

Reaction score
tbh for this series, id watch just enough to get 5 questions and then move on, ill watch it later in chunks

Reactions: turkleton

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
i think if you were planning to binge/watch the show anyway might as well grab the hits, but don't watch it just cause of the hits, that's my philosophy on the d.stone hits in general anyway

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't mind about the height, because I'm 5'9'', so it was nice to identify, but yes, I totally hear you. Also would have been even better if they had hired a woman who isn't white. And yes... he was genuinely the creepiest villain I have seen in *anything* to date. Which kind of sucked, because I really like David Tennant. lol
tennant played his role too well

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, all of this. I've never, ever seen rape handled so well. Mostly because I only saw things created by men that didn't come close to experiencing anything like it, so most of it was insensitive - either intentionally, or not. Jessica Jones was just so refreshing in every way.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
ill watch episode 1 for $1

thats it though

$5 isnt worth not being ready to go all day tomorrow

Reactions: turkleton and ducky

tempo

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Opinions about health-related issues (10 min) | PANDA
Requester: Upenn Comm Research [ALBIYUH9A7X3H] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.67] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Read short materials and answer questions about health-related issues
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 100; e-cig rep has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; Location is US;
6 minutes for me and I usually go slow.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
yeah, this was my intro to anything by David Tennant, and my Dr. Who friends are like oh man, you gotta see him in Dr. Who... and I'm like uh... maybe...

My reference re: appearance specifically referring to model looking, stereotyped overly attractive women in every female role for the most part, whereas I can remember a few average to somewhat homely men in the series... the overall rating is A- to me. Great series, waiting for season 2 of JJ

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, this was my intro to anything by David Tennant, and my Dr. Who friends are like oh man, you gotta see him in Dr. Who... and I'm like uh... maybe...

My reference re: appearance specifically referring to model looking, stereotyped overly attractive women in every female role for the most part, whereas I can remember a few average to somewhat homely men in the series... the overall rating is A- to me. Great series, waiting for season 2 of JJ
Yeah, I completely agree with you. I just get excited when I see women who are as tall as me. lol But for similar reasons it would have been nice to see a non-white female play her.

But yes, he really does an amazing job in Dr. Who. But it was definitely a bit horrifying seeing him go from that to Jessica Jones.

Reactions: Concise
Status
Not open for further replies.