National Pancake Day
National Shamu the Whale Day
National Situational Awareness Day
National Family Day

jan

Reaction score
Title: Academic Survey: Complete a survey and play a video game | Accept
Requester: MRL Lab [A2320D7U15S8SI] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$23.71] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.80
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: The purpose of this hit is to determine what relationship if any exists between survey responses and video game performance.
Qualifications: Completed Previous Super G 9/8/22 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: Blakkat and JCIII

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Breaking Down and Improving Business Ideas(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Roger Masclans [A1N4SQXP48LYAV]
TurkerView: [ $16.24 / hour ]
Description: This is a research project from a US university. We are interested in understanding how people improve business ideas.

In the first step, you will be presented with a business idea. You will be asked to study the idea and break it down into its core components. In step two, you will be guided to come up with several improvements on each component of the original idea. Lastly, in step three, you will be tasked with choosing among all of the component options that you have developed to come up with the best idea you can.

The survey will take about 20 minutes to complete. After completing the survey, you will be paid $3.50 for your participation.
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 45
Reward: $3.50
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [1999102433-385559] DoesNotExist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Location In US
[3F0Z1FPMVVL2ASP523V376KETMFLYB]

Reactions: jan

Skylycat

Reaction score
Title: Breaking Down and Improving Business Ideas(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Roger Masclans [A1N4SQXP48LYAV]
TurkerView: [ $16.24 / hour ]
Description: This is a research project from a US university. We are interested in understanding how people improve business ideas.

In the first step, you will be presented with a business idea. You will be asked to study the idea and break it down into its core components. In step two, you will be guided to come up with several improvements on each component of the original idea. Lastly, in step three, you will be tasked with choosing among all of the component options that you have developed to come up with the best idea you can.

The survey will take about 20 minutes to complete. After completing the survey, you will be paid $3.50 for your participation.
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 45
Reward: $3.50
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [1999102433-385559] DoesNotExist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000
  • Location In US
[3F0Z1FPMVVL2ASP523V376KETMFLYB]
i noped outta this one.. didn't wanna think quite that much

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Decision Making Questions(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Decision Making Research [A1PC9Y4ZH3NJ1J]
TurkerView: [ $17.67 / hour ]
Description: Answer questions about payoff distributions
Duration: 10 Min
Available: 2
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50
  • Exc: [382758809-385403] DoesNotExist
  • Location In US
[3W81VO2PED2TEC74F26EXU3VPCMBZD]

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: [MALE ONLY] A Survey on Decision Making(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Remi Trudel [A1ASHH25OV40GI]
TurkerView: [ $13.57 / hour ]
Description: [MALE ONLY] A Survey on Decision Making
Duration: 20 Min
Available: 24
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Exc: [383223106-385568] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97
  • Location In US
[3ZCNYL2D66MW3VGO2539SFEYRV76MC]

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Research study(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Jodie Whelan [A2SNFWI4CL5F1D]
TurkerView: [ $15.33 / hour ]
Description: This research is testing measures for use in future research.
Duration: 30 Min
Available: 18
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 500000
  • Exc: [-65322090-385571] DoesNotExist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500
  • Location In US
[319N3DB42BNICX1WJ5JR3BIMYTZPER]

Reactions: rsmath

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Learning about groups(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: CDSC Lab [A1JVHLN8CU695D]
TurkerView: [ $18.99 / hour ]
Description: Experimental psychology survey; answer questions.

Performs best in Chrome. May want to avoid Firefox, Microsoft Edge.

You will need to listen to audio. This will require turning the volume up high or wearing headphones.

Please contact alexander.noyes@nyu.edu for immediate technical assistance.
Duration: 120 Min
Available: 42
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50
  • Exc: [1436523872-385578] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99
  • Location In US
[3VKZWROWXIC0ABGOOAU9WRRSRXW8GL]

RBG777

Reaction score
Hate I missed the Noah jobs this morning. It's slow on Mturk and I've not been offered a job on Cloud research since the 13th of this month.

PandaThief

Reaction score
Hate I missed the Noah jobs this morning. It's slow on Mturk and I've not been offered a job on Cloud research since the 13th of this month.
You've not been offered a job or you've not been accepted onto the CR platform ? big difference .

Last edited:

RBG777

Reaction score
You've not been offered a job or you've not been accepted onto the CR platform ? big difference
Haven't seen any work. I've been accepted into for around a month. Made decent the first couple of weeks, then things slowed up. Now, this past week or so I've not seen any tasks for me to do.

PandaThief

Reaction score
Haven't seen any work. I've been accepted into for around a month. Made decent the first couple of weeks, then things slowed up. Now, this past week or so I've not seen any tasks for me to do.
Unfortunately i've seen this same complaint from many on Reddit. First couple of week was stupid busy then it was just a wasteland after that . I average around 300 a month but it's becoming less profitable now as the Pound has dipped to a record low.

RBG777

Reaction score
Unfortunately i've seen this same complaint from many on Reddit. First couple of week was stupid busy then it was just a wasteland after that . I average around 300 a month but it's becoming less profitable now as the Pound has dipped to a record low.
Ah well that makes sense. It does make me feel a bit less concerned to know it's not just an isolated issue with me. Still, would be nice to see things pick up again at some point.

jan

Reaction score
Title: spending categories(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Eleanor Putnam-Farr [A2U3KNMZLH8FJ9] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.60] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: We are interested in how people think about spending in different categories
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [77900588-385567] DoesNotExist ; Location In US

PandaThief

Reaction score
Ah well that makes sense. It does make me feel a bit less concerned to know it's not just an isolated issue with me. Still, would be nice to see things pick up again at some point.
Hope it does i've had my account since the beginning but just recently started taking it seriously . Maybe someone here can give you an idea of how busy it gets in the good months.

Dan 45

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to share this little interaction. I got a rejection on a HIT that I remembered clearly and I emailed the requestor to please remove the rejection and that I answered the questions honestly and thoughtfully. I got this response:

We don't have any "bad" intentions in rejecting some HITs. Our goal is to gather high-quality responses for our scientific efforts. We pre-tested this survey by asking someone to "take it as fast as you can but also to pay reasonable attention to each question." The result? 247 seconds. Then we allowed a "grace" time of 20 more seconds, so our generous idea of a "thoughtful response time" was 227 seconds. You took 183 seconds. That is not terribly much too fast, I agree, but we have to draw the line somewhere. Many, many Workers took more than 247 seconds.

I write this with regret, but I repeat that we are just trying to collect data that we can feel confident in, to use in publications that we can stand behind when strict external reviewers assess our work.

So I emailed him back and said this:

That being said, can you please remove the rejection? I am not asking for the 2$. I take pride in maintaining my approval rate and I believe it has been over 2,000 HIT's since I have had a rejection. Especially since we are talking about 60 seconds.
Thank you,

I checked later on in the day and the rejection was removed and I got the 2$. Guess it's good to be persistent. Maybe they were worried I would just keep emailing them. Hahaha

Last edited:

PandaThief

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to share this little interaction. I got a rejection on a HIT that I remembered clearly and I emailed the requestor to please remove the rejection and that I answered the questions honestly and thoughtfully. I got this response:

We don't have any "bad" intentions in rejecting some HITs. Our goal is to gather high-quality responses for our scientific efforts. We pre-tested this survey by asking someone to "take it as fast as you can but also to pay reasonable attention to each question." The result? 247 seconds. Then we allowed a "grace" time of 20 more seconds, so our generous idea of a "thoughtful response time" was 227 seconds. You took 183 seconds. That is not terribly much too fast, I agree, but we have to draw the line somewhere. Many, many Workers took more than 247 seconds.

I write this with regret, but I repeat that we are just trying to collect data that we can feel confident in, to use in publications that we can stand behind when strict external reviewers assess our work.

So I emailed him back and said this:

That being said, can you please remove the rejection? I am not asking for the 2$. I take pride in maintaining my approval rate and I believe it has been over 2,000 HIT's since I have had a rejection. Especially since we are talking about 60 seconds.
Thank you,

I checked later on in the day and the rejection was removed and I got the 2$. Guess it's good to be persistent. Maybe they were worried I would just keep emailing them. Hahaha

Sounds quite reasonable

Status
Not open for further replies.