09/21 - Wake Me Up on Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 526

I need ideas for non-processed foods to eat for meals all day every day. I've been trying for days. the blogs are complicated and focused on certain diets. I'm single in my 30's no kids live alone. I weigh 105-115 pounds. so fresh foods tend to go bad before I use them up. none of these online diets work for someone like me. I need to spend as little money as possible. I don't have a car so everything needs to be at 1 location, ideally walmart. no "specialty items" that will go out of season or become hard to find as fads change. I have no allergies, and fine with lactose. I don't like meat but I'll eat it very rarely. so far my list contains bananas and nothing else after a few days. help?

#turkfit

Kuddish

Me fail English! That's unpossible
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: BrewMeister

KellieS23

Anyone else feel like a Rainbow?
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Social situation questions | PANDA
Requester: Jennifer Whitson [A27478O4TW6XA] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.19 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.84 Generosity
★★★★ 4.31 Fairness
★★★★ 4.64 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 116 | TOS Flags: 1
Submit a new TO review
Description: Answer some questions about social situations you have been in. Should take 10 min, and you will be paid $1.00 for completing the survey.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95;Total approved HITs is greater than 50;Location is US
Link is broken

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a 15 min survey and get paid $5 | PANDA
Requester: Liz Losin [A3E907X9FH7DU6] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 1.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 5.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 0.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 1 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Give us your opinion about a series of faces and complete a background questionnaire
Time: 2 hours
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: Location is US

Reactions: nyx

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a 15 min survey and get paid $5 | PANDA
Requester: Liz Losin [A3E907X9FH7DU6] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 1.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 5.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 0.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 1 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Give us your opinion about a series of faces and complete a background questionnaire
Time: 2 hours
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: Location is US

Reactions: nyx

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I need ideas for non-processed foods to eat for meals all day every day. I've been trying for days. the blogs are complicated and focused on certain diets. I'm single in my 30's no kids live alone. I weigh 105-115 pounds. so fresh foods tend to go bad before I use them up. none of these online diets work for someone like me. I need to spend as little money as possible. I don't have a car so everything needs to be at 1 location, ideally walmart. no "specialty items" that will go out of season or become hard to find as fads change. I have no allergies, and fine with lactose. I don't like meat but I'll eat it very rarely. so far my list contains bananas and nothing else after a few days. help?

#turkfit
I have found that soups and casseroles are best. You can make a big batch on the weekend and freeze it into smaller portions.

Reactions: Kerek

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score

#turkfit
Yea like what u looking for u can prep food and use it for a while or freeze it aas well.

D

Deleted member 526

I have found that soups and casseroles are best. You can make a big batch on the weekend and freeze it into smaller portions.
if you make a casserole is it processed food then? if you put green leafy things do you have to eat it fast or you will get food poisoning like chipotle? I have never eaten healthy and am lost.

Raven

I have a list of names, yours is in red underline
Contributor
Reaction score

#turkfit
You could always do what I do for my family (sized down and modded for your tastes of course). I pick out recipes that I find that I like, then one day a month, I prepare meals and stock my freezer. This is a good way to control your budget, and eat well, with less waste as well. I can usually feed my whole family of four on about $175 a month this way. Plus, i can be lazy and not cook! Lots of my meals will either go straight into the oven, or into my crockpot. ^_^

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score

#turkfit
The best way to avoid non processed foods is to make recipes in big batches then freeze up for easy re-heating. Soups freeze great. Pasta does, too. Burritos. Vegetarian meatballs. Most of this will be fine for up to 2 months in a well-sealed plastic container or a freezer bag.

Reactions: Squatty

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
if you make a casserole is it processed food then? if you put green leafy things do you have to eat it fast or you will get food poisoning like chipotle? I have never eaten healthy and am lost.
Almost anything can be frozen. It does lose some nutrients but it isn't processed food because it doesn't have preservatives

ItsAmyTee

Corgo
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

#turkfit
If you like soup, these guidelines are a great way to use whatever you have on hand. Nice way to use up leftovers!

http://www.finecooking.com/cyor/summer-vegetable-soup.aspx

Also: cottage cheese. Great as a veggie dip or mixed with tuna for a light tuna salad.

Also also: crockpots. Do you have one? They're amazing.

Reactions: Jaded and phusia

Lea

Reaction score
I only did about seven of the X labs since I hadn't done any previously and am a scaredy cat. All approved! Woo bring them back!

Reactions: C to the J

SamBurger

Reaction score

#turkfit
raw honey

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Live Group Activity -- Answer Questions in UNU | PANDA
Requester: Unanimous A.I. [A1OVB3ATBAQ1KM] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.20 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.04 Generosity
★★★★ 4.47 Fairness
★★★★ 4.65 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 33 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Live Group Activity -- Answer Questions in UNU, 1:30pm ET, <15 minutes
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $1.40
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90;Location is US

phusia

I am a meat popcicle.
Reaction score
You could always do what I do for my family (sized down and modded for your tastes of course). I pick out recipes that I find that I like, then one day a month, I prepare meals and stock my freezer. This is a good way to control your budget, and eat well, with less waste as well. I can usually feed my whole family of four on about $175 a month this way. Plus, i can be lazy and not cook! Lots of my meals will either go straight into the oven, or into my crockpot. ^_^
SORCERY. Do you have some recipes that you use in an easy-to-share list, by any chance? :X3:

Reactions: Squatty
D

Deleted member 526

Almost anything can be frozen. It does lose some nutrients but it isn't processed food because it doesn't have preservatives
are frozen vegetables in the boxes and bags processed? should I buy fresh spinach and cook it and freeze it? or is it the same thing if I buy frozen boxes and bags of spinach and corn and carrots?

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score

#turkfit
Roscoe E Goldchain @Roscoe E Goldchain

Status
Not open for further replies.