09/21 - Fritessaus Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
idk anything about that but, I've been talking with a lot of requesters and I think they just need to be reedjucated and made aware of the non-situation, and the hype surrounding it. It seems to work pretty well. I feel that whenever we bring it up en masse, not like this but, like sometimes happens(like /beermoney and reddit in general), we do ourselves a disservice by reinforcing the stigma, regardless of intention.:) It sucks but, talking to requesters seems to work for me, so far.

EDIT It alleviates a bit of the fear and adds a human face to Mturk workers.:D
Perhaps we should write a blurb of sorts and sticky it to the requesters thread (titled something like why we believe mturk is a great place for academic requesters) and then give some advice on getting great work :)

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It says 502 bad gateway every time I try.
I think that happens after they get enough participants for each version. Then they shut it down an you have to wait until they post it again. I've been getting emails about them for 2 days but, finally was able to do one last night.

Reactions: Empress328

jan

Reaction score
Title: Screening survey for a psychological study | Accept
Requester: Shawn Geniole [ABIIB98YPM7MO] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=2.50] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=6.79] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.01
Duration: 60
Available: 1
Description: You will be asked one question based on which you can gain access to the full study.
Qualifications: Sex DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.11
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: cassius

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Decide if a Video is about a Topic | Accept
Requester: Sergey Schmidt [A4IJUXTMQNS4J] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$21.48] [Pay=3.96] [Fast=4.83] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.34] [Fast=4.97] [Comm=3.67] [Fair=4.97] [Reviews=40] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=4.20] [Pen=0.03 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=55%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 300
Available: 117
Description: Given a video and a topic, decide whether the video is about the topic and would be watched because of it.
Qualifications: 2016Q3Centrality Exists ; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
yay[/td][/tr]

edit: capped at 34

Last edited:
Reactions: Kliq

cassius

Reaction score
Perhaps we should write a blurb of sorts and sticky it to the requesters thread (titled something like why we believe mturk is a great place for academic requesters) and then give some advice on getting great work :)
I've been thinking about that for a while. Not to write it because there are far better people suited for this than me, but that it needs to be done and wondering why it wasn't. Then maybe like the one done for the payment increases that they did, we could sign it in a way that indicated real people not bots.

ALinAL

Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe a more proactive campaign? Damn near every survey invites comment, inquiry or questions in the end text box, or provides a contact email in the debriefing. What would you think of us all coordinating and using those to invite them to come and talk with us?

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey for parents of 2-15yrs olds who use the internet | Accept
Requester: Mike Bruny [A14487OO6BSH28] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: A 20-minute survey about how the internet and parental control methods.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 80; Parenthood Status EqualTo 1; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Time: 02:10 Hourly: $16.52 no code[/td][/tr]

jan

Reaction score
I've been thinking about that for a while. Not to write it because there are far better people suited for this than me, but that it needs to be done and wondering why it wasn't. Then maybe like the one done for the payment increases that they did, we could sign it in a way that indicated real people not bots.
how was that hosted? I guess we could draft a letter here on the forum and then export it to wherever it was hosted and ask for signatures. Perhaps that would start with The Real Workers of Mturk
I have to work today and, tbh, I'm having a birthday hangover (not from drink, just being the proud/sad mother of an almost grown up baby girl).
So, I can't do much today, but knock back some baby aspirin and coffee.
But, here's a thread!
https://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/1337843/

(I don't mean I won't do anything, but that I have to leave in a few minutes. I'll work on it later, too - especially if it takes off :)

Last edited:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I think it wasn't done more, to let the stupidity die down. A month ago, it would have been a back and forth argument, and it shouldn't be that kind of situation. There are clear facts and that's all that really needs to be stated to explain what happened and why it was perceived as such, etc. But, it's sometimes too early to do a post mortem, when the situation hasn't fully played out.
My 2 cents. And I'm done talking about if for now, in the daily thread.:)

EDIT Not done because I'm upset because, I'm not. Just done so we don't all get rolling on it again, at the moment.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Minx2121 and jan

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I hate this part of being a parent... my son has been waking up at night to pee, but last night he kept getting out of bed to pee and... just drips. Like 8x, so now I have to take him to the dr. and get checked out... and I took my daughter on Monday because I thought she might have an ear infection, but she was fine (one time I took her for her normal check-up, and she had a secret ear infection!) :spaz:

There's nothing I hate more than taking my kids to the dr. and it's nothing, but sometimes it's something! and there's no way for me to know :frustrated:

so I guess i'll just be that mom :ghost:

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
I hate this part of being a parent... my son has been waking up at night to pee, but last night he kept getting out of bed to pee and... just drips. Like 8x, so now I have to take him to the dr. and get checked out... and I took my daughter on Monday because I thought she might have an ear infection, but she was fine (one time I took her for her normal check-up, and she had a secret ear infection!) :spaz:

There's nothing I hate more than taking my kids to the dr. and it's nothing, but sometimes it's something! and there's no way for me to know :frustrated:

hell it never ends, you'll worry about them for the rest of your life

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Better to be that mom than like my mom. Her mom was a turd about illness so she was a turd about it, too. We'd all constantly have something broken or some kind of illness and she'd be like "it's fine, keep using it" I mean we'd get to go to the best doctors around once it was clear that stuff was wrong, but you had to have a limb dangling before she's abandon the "toughen up" philosophy. Be proud to be a mom that carts the little guys off to the doc.

Last edited:

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
That's pretty amazing. I would have never thought a dog would roll like that. cool.:D
my sister's doberman does somersaults when she's super excited, it's hilarious (but also kind of dangerous because she's a small horse and WILL knock you down if she accidentally runs into you)

Reactions: Jerami

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
hell it never ends, you'll worry about them for the rest of your life
I still see that with my parents/younger siblings... so I know it doesn't get better :ROFL:

Better to be that mom than like my mom. Her mom was a turd about illness so she was a turd about it, too. We'd all constantly have something broken or some kind of illness and she'd be like "it's fine, keep using it" I mean we'd get to go to the best doctors around once it was clear that stuff was wrong, but you had to have a limb dangling before she's abandon the "toughen up" philosophy. Be proud to be a mom that carts the little guys off to the doc.
Thank you - that actually makes me feel a lot better :love:

Reactions: Despairagus

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'll be on RT 80 for the rest of my entire life (9-14hrs depending) today so if you live along that wretched highway and hear a siren like wail it's prob me, apologies.

But I'm very interested in this thread where we encourage the requesters that we are people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.