09/17 - Thorny Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
Title: Survey of Perceptions of Robot Videos | PANDA
Requester: Brian Zhang [A26TKABCFK6ODC] (Req TV): $14.28/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
If you are a native US citizen, an adult with normal hearing and vision, and fluent in English, opt in to answer a survey about videos of robots.
Time: 2 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.75
Qualifications: Has taken my HITs before DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US;

Reactions: Blakkat and jan

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
Title: Record clean and noisy speech in presence/absence of neighboring speakers | PANDA
Requester: IC3 AI team [A2SAUCU1B6BDTS] (Req TV): $26.98/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Attention to details is very important. We need you to record 2 minutes of clean speech; and 6 clips where 2 clips has your voice and noise, 2 has your voice and neighboring speaker, rest 2 has your voice, noise and neighboring speaker.
Time: 24 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $10.00
Qualifications: Sept16_pdns_completed DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US;

Last edited:

jan

Reaction score
Title: Evaluating Effort(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Cognition and Natural Behavior Laboratory [AHN61MLI1DS8R] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$26.19] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.84] [Fast=4.90] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=4.97] [Reviews=105] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.70
Duration: 30:00
Available: 11
Description: This survey is a University of Waterloo, Canada research study being conducted in the department of psychology. The faculty supervisor is Evan F. Risko, PhD. The student researcher is Michelle Ashburner. To ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements for this HIT, you will first be asked one or two reasonably easy questions. You need to successfully answer the questions to proceed to the study. In the event that you are unable to do so, you will not qualify for the study and you will receive no remuneration. Otherwise, you will be directly to the focal survey. The survey will take approximately 5 minutes of your time and you will receive $0.70 USD. For those who are eligible, this survey involves reading an array of words aloud as quickly and as accurately as possible, and providing a judgment of how much effort you think would be involved if you were to read a similar array. You will be completing the survey by an online survey operated by Qualtrics. When information is transmitted over the internet privacy cannot be guaranteed. There is always a risk your responses may be intercepted by a third party (e.g., government agencies, hackers). Qualtrics temporarily collects your computer IP address to avoid duplicate responses in the dataset but we will not retain this information. All of your responses will be stored on a secure server at the University of Waterloo, Canada, to which only authorized researchers have access. If you prefer not to submit your survey responses through Qualtrics, please do not sign up for this study. The data we collect, without identifiers, may be shared publicly, and your identity will remain confidential. This study has been reviewed and received ethics clearance through a University of Waterloo Research Ethics Committee.
Qualifications: Exc: [709667514-245853] DoesNotExist ; SurveyGroup [3301] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; Location In CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99

jan

Reaction score
Title: Short survey on individuals' behavior – earn up to $3(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: WEI Lab [AOCGV6XUYLNFO] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.79] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: The survey is about individuals' memory and behavior in situations marked by randomness. You will participate in two tasks and answer a brief survey. Participation should take about 10 minutes.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; Exc: [-65513187-245475] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

jan

Reaction score
Title: Public Opinion and Political Polls (5 min) | Accept
Requester: Lucas Leemann [A264THKTDZ4KXX] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.98] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.50] [Fast=2.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=4] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.25
Description: How do you read polls?
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US

jan

Reaction score
batch

Title:
micro-video description | Accept
Requester: MXX R&D [A3OKVWVF3OVQWF] Contact
TV: No Reviews
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 196
Description: Describe in a sentence or two a short video clip.
Qualifications: Location In AS, AU, CA, GB, NZ, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97

jan

Reaction score
Title: Study of Decision-Making | Accept
Requester: Alessandro Del Ponte [A7M9FLWJAAMEL] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.87] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
Reward: 0.50
Description: Play a game online and earn bonus money
Qualifications: PtB DoesNotExist ; failedQuiz DoesNotExist ; bogus DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 96; Location EqualTo US

Reaction score
May 19, 2014
I am comparatively new to this platform / wage work / way of life. I am utterly fascinated by virtually all aspects of it. I am curious, in your opinion, what is the most significant thing that has changed on AMT during your tenure? This same question can apply to anyone interested.

I'm sorry, but this question does not offer any financial compensation. :wink:

jan

Reaction score
I am comparatively new to this platform / wage work / way of life. I am utterly fascinated by virtually all aspects of it. I am curious, in your opinion, what is the most significant thing that has changed on AMT during your tenure? This same question can apply to anyone interested.

I'm sorry, but this question does not offer any financial compensation. :wink:
less money
less batches
harder to earn a reasonable hourly wage

Mturk is a shadow of its former self

Status
Not open for further replies.