Who should win?

• http://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/432816/

• http://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/433159/

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mamasheebs

Reaction score
I used to live in a nice quiet neighborhood. There was one house here that was vacant and kind of crumbling for a lot of years. This summer, a contractor bought the place and turned it into apartments. It happened rather quickly, and now we have to deal with a bunch of students and youngsters in the neighborhood. I talked about motorcycle guy last night, and that's a nuisance, but tonight there was a screaming fight out front and glass was broken in the middle of the road. I went out there and swept up the glass and tried to shame the kids who were still hanging out on the porch, but they seem to have no shame, and I don't know how far I should take this, or what is the best way to approach the situation. Any suggestions?
What did you do to shame the kids? They may not have cared this time, but they might be more considerate next time. That's how things work with my neighbors. Things still get obnoxious at times, but the seem to TRY to respect me. Calling the cops and landlord is the very last resort for me. Leave a letter in their mailbox, I've done that too.

togar

Bacon Bits
Contributor
Reaction score
What did you do to shame the kids? They may not have cared this time, but they might be more considerate next time. That's how things work with my neighbors. Things still get obnoxious at times, but the seem to TRY to respect me. Calling the cops and landlord is the very last resort for me. Leave a letter in their mailbox, I've done that too.
I don't waste time. Why should I, at night, put up with other peoples crap. Especially if it interferes with sleep, disturbing the peace. I called the landlord specificly to inform him of what was going on. Not to get anything started with him but to let him know.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I think it really depends on the kids. Some will definitely be more cooperative than others. I just think of how I was and the kids that I hung out with..... calling the police was what worked on us. :p

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Had an issue with renters to the north of us and called the owners of the property about the trash (beer cans piled up against their garage) in the back yard. Got our neighbor lady across the street involved as well. Started calling the police when we could hear music at 11PM at night ( I had to be in at work by 3:30 AM, and this was a monday night). Landlord evicted them by the end of the week. The next week the landlord was cleaning out the property while I was mowing. I walked over to talk to him and was shocked when he thanked me for calling the police. New tennent (sp?) is as quite as a mouse and has been there over two months now.
Yeah, I think this is how I should start. I want to give the property owner some idea of how his tenants are behaving and see how he responds. There are a couple of neighbors who agree that this isn't how we want the neighborhood to be. I'm thinking I will ask them all to contact the landlord at the same time that I do, and hope that he makes a different and better choice. I don't mind calling the police. That could be effective as well, since the tenants would presumably have fines to pay, or face some sort of consequence after each visit from law enforcement. I don't even mind if they stay there, if they just pipe the fuck down and stop breaking things.

Anyway, I'm sorry, that's a lot of personal stuff. We should talk more about a moon made of cheese.

mamasheebs

Reaction score
I don't waste time. Why should I, at night, put up with other peoples crap. Especially if it interferes with sleep, disturbing the peace. I called the landlord specificly to inform him of what was going on. Not to get anything started with him but to let him know.
Well in my situation, I have to live next to these people. I would prefer dealing with the problem with them if possible, rather than going straight to the cops or landlord. We live in a side by side, so any complaints will get back to them when the landlord or cop says something, then revenge shit starts. It's just better to try and talk to them first if you can.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
if you call dibs, gotta stay awake

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Man, I guess this is pretty good for my supposed day off from mTurk.
Today's Projected Earnings: $42.00

Reactions: Pleco

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I went out with a broom and a dust pan and swept up the broken beer bottle that they left in the middle of the street. Mostly because I ride a bicycle everywhere I go, and broken glass in the street makes me rather angry. I've introduced myself to these people, we share a back fence. I can live peacefully with them even at this point, but they need to catch a clue.

Reactions: mamasheebs
Status
Not open for further replies.