09/15 - Sudden Clash Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurkSerf

Totally
Reaction score
For me, I've done plenty of Inquisit hits (it's a thing ya have to download to do the hit) - but about half the time, it freezes my computer completely. I have to do the 3 finger salute to shut down. Then I have to restart everything, and it's a time waster and annoyance. Last time I did an Inquisit hit, I ended up having to take my laptop to a repair shop because I couldn't get it to restart. Other people have had bad experiences, some don't. I just think it's not worth it.
Oh Phew yeah I thought their was some sort of security risk or something I hadn't heard about.

Reactions: Blakkat

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
For me, I've done plenty of Inquisit hits (it's a thing ya have to download to do the hit) - but about half the time, it freezes my computer completely. I have to do the 3 finger salute to shut down. Then I have to restart everything, and it's a time waster and annoyance. Last time I did an Inquisit hit, I ended up having to take my laptop to a repair shop because I couldn't get it to restart. Other people have had bad experiences, some don't. I just think it's not worth it.
More often than not they are underpaid.
Labs spend all their grant money buying the Inquisit software license and then can only afford to pay us 6/hr.

KellieS23

Anyone else feel like a Rainbow?
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Food reward learning games | Accept
Requester: Iain [A1OFID2Y1DI9FA] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 5.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Earn all the snacks you want
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
This is broken, spent over 30 minutes waiting for the slow pages to advance for it to have no way to submit at the end. ? :arghh:

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
This is broken, spent over 30 minutes waiting for the slow pages to advance for it to have no way to submit at the end. ? :arghh:
If you have the HIT in your queue still try refreshing the HIT page, not the survey itself, and it's possible the submit button will show up.
These types of experiments are wonky like that.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Reactions: C to the J

KellieS23

Contributor
Reaction score
If you have the HIT in your queue still try refreshing the HIT page, not the survey itself, and it's possible the submit button will show up.
These types of experiments are wonky like that.
Tried that, it's just a page that has a "Begin experiment" button that opens the experiment in a new window. I refresh it, I just get the same page. I click the button again and it starts the damn thing over.

Reactions: C to the J

KellieS23

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Continue stories for linguistic research! [Task I:eek: "OCEAN", don't take this if you've done an "OCEAN" HIT in the last week] | Accept
Requester: Edinburgh Language Research [A2O4KLPLHO8FZK] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$22.91] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.59] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=4.67] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=41] [ToS=0]
Reward: 5.25
Duration: 12:00:00
Description: Task consists of 60 stories. For each sentence, your task is to write the next sentence of the story. Estimated time is 30 minutes.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US

TurkSerf

Totally
Reaction score
More often than not they are underpaid.
Labs spend all their grant money buying the Inquisit software license and then can only afford to pay us 6/hr.
I kid you not I did a survey and contacted the requester because it was waaaay too low. They said that they thought the going rate for work was 1.00 per 10 mins. I told him, yeah, like 5 years ago maybe and that's not for 6000 bubbles.

I swear sometimes folks can be so out of touch.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Complete sentences with a word | Accept
Requester: Jakub Szewczyk [A1YLWXXRDWHQJC] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.30] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=1]
Reward: 0.80
Available: 4
Description: Your task will be to fill in what you think might be the next word of a sentence. Native speakers of English only!
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US

This was quick and easy, but open in new tab and then fix the http by adding a colon :

Last edited:
Reactions: JanetW and TSolo315

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Food reward learning games | Accept
Requester: Iain [A1OFID2Y1DI9FA] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 5.00
Description: Earn all the snacks you want
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
Mine did work. Took 31:20.
I did it with scripts turned off in Firefox (just to be safe) and did have to click enter to get past the final screen before the HIT window updated.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Complete sentences with a word | PANDA
Requester: Jakub Szewczyk [A1YLWXXRDWHQJC] [TurkerView]
Description: Your task will be to fill in what you think might be the next word of a sentence. Native speakers of English only!
Duration: ~60min
Reward: $0.80
Qualifications:
  • Location EqualTo US,
HIT Time: 5 min, 02 sec
Catchability: Great

Status
Not open for further replies.