09/14 - Florence Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
School pics here start at $40 per child and they do them twice a year. The company that does them is very good at shaming parents if they only want to get one set per year instead of both.
How do they shame you?

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
School pics here start at $40 per child and they do them twice a year. The company that does them is very good at shaming parents if they only want to get one set per year instead of both.
Why do they think anyone wants so many photos? I have 18bajillion niblings who I adore, but I do not want two photos of each of them for every dang year. We're drowning in childrens photos over here. When I empty my purse out every few months, photographs of children pour out of it like I'm some sort of serial child photo collector. An avalanche of school photos. Plus instagram exists.

Reactions: sofaslug

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
How do they shame you?
They send us stuff that says things like 'it's extremely important that you have an up to date photo of your child in case they are ever abducted. Are your photos up to date?' accompanied by pictures of crying parents.

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
They send us stuff that says things like 'it's extremely important that you have an up to date photo of your child in case they are ever abducted. Are your photos up to date?' accompanied by pictures of crying parents.
wtf

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Why do they think anyone wants so many photos? I have 18bajillion niblings who I adore, but I do not want two photos of each of them for every dang year. We're drowning in childrens photos over here. When I empty my purse out every few months, photographs of children pour out of it like I'm some sort of serial child photo collector. An avalanche of school photos. Plus instagram exists.
Yeah, that is our dilemma. I have two children and most of their 'professional' photos I have taken myself. I have packages of school pictures just laying around because I have nowhere to put them.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
That is DISGUSTING! I can't imagine how annoying and infuriating that is.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That is ridiculous, everyone is photographed more today than ever cause of cell phones. That is them trying to save their photography business because people have so much more access to do it themselves now.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Wow, that's fucked up.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
That is ridiculous, everyone is photographed more today than ever cause of cell phones. That is them trying to save their photography business because people have so much more access to do it themselves now.
yup! there are so many people advertising their photography businesses on my local facebook marketplace that are SO much cheaper and nicer than what the school photo company offers.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
That is DISGUSTING! I can't imagine how annoying and infuriating that is.
It's common here.

Fundraisers often come home with pictures of sad children sitting in empty classrooms to show what will happen if the kids don't sell $40 candles and $3 chocolate bars 12 times a year.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's common here.

Fundraisers often come home with pictures of sad children sitting in empty classrooms to show what will happen if the kids don't sell $40 candles and $3 chocolate bars 12 times a year.
I don't participate in those. The best is when they say we don't want the kids going door to door cause it's not safe but we need this sold so I"m like...oh you want me to buy it huh? Yea not happening.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It's common here.

Well now I'm glad I never buy that crap when the kids come around with it!

Reactions: sofaslug and klyde

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
off topic, but why do I get so many more PRE's in the morning! I can have my HC down to the high 800's at night, but in the morning? Got to be between 970 and 1k.

Status
Not open for further replies.