09/01 - Spa Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alk69

Reaction score
Ok so I find this bizarre. The strongest hurricane to ever make landfall in Florida was the Labor Day Hurricane. Monday sep 2, 1935. So if it makes landfall here tomorrow(Labor Day Monday sep 2nd) at its current intensity we are looking at it being an almost repeat of history. only diff is its going up the east coast instead of the west.
On September 2, 1935, Labor Day, the hurricane reached a peak intensity of 892 mb. (Dorian has currently dropped to 910mb's) The hurricane made landfall later that night as a Category 5 storm, crossing the Florida Keys between Key West and Miami, FL. As it made landfall, the hurricane delivered maximum sustained winds of approximately 298 km/h (185 mph). After passing the Keys, the hurricane slowly recurved northward and closely paralleled Florida’s west coast. The then weakened hurricane made a second landfall as a Category 2 storm near Cedar Key, FL on the afternoon of 4 September. The hurricane quickly weakened to a tropical storm as it moved inland across Georgia and the Carolinas on 5 September. By the morning of 6 September the center of storm passed again into the Atlantic near Norfolk, Virginia. It quickly regained hurricane strength, but then rapidly weakened as it became extratropical. Remnants of the storm continued northeast until it became non-tropical south of Greenland on 10 September.
Florida? Try Texas. 1900 storm that hit Galveston killed at least 6,000, though now it's rated at 8,000 to 12,000. This monster tore up the middle of the country angling to Canada and the northeast.
And then there was Carla. So big it lapped out into the Atlantic and the Pacific. Hit Port O'Connor in 1961. My father was a Coast Guard engineer stationed on the Gulf Coast then. His ship was out at sea looking for a fishing boat in the middle of that. Mother and I lived in Austin then. She had a radio that picked up the marine band and was listening to the wind reports from the Sabine Pass CG station. Hoping to hear about his ship. Did hear when the last wind speed report come in. The Coastie said,''That's the last report. The odometer just blew down at 217 mph.''. The storm took a similar path as the 1900 storm--up through the middle of the country and all the way into the territories of Canada. I watched the eye go over Austin. Took 90 minutes to cross. Beat everything it passed to pieces. Kept an eye til it got cold.....we went through Port O'Connor the next summer. There were streets with nothing standing--just streets and curbs and cement slabs.

Reactions: JenniLeigh and jan

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I know moot means up for debate.. but not sure if they are lowering the bond set and allowing him to bond or if it is up for debate.. I mean look at these charges..
another one of those "I am not a lawyer" posts so it's opinion on my behalf...

I interpreted it like Miklast did. The defense filed a motion to reduce bond amounts and the court agreed, adjusting bonds to what looks to be $26200. The state filed a motion to keep the defendant in jail until trial (i.e. not allow for bonding) but that was meaningless to consider because of the defendant's bonds give him a chance to get out of jail.

If it's a certain type of bond, he might be able to pay about $2,600 to a bail bondsman and get out of jail.

The good thing he has to meet conditions of the court if he gets out:

-Do not possess/carry any weapons and firearms.
-Do not have direct/indirect contact with the victim whatsoever
-Do not consume/ possess any illegal drugs and alcohol
- Do not return to the scene specified in the injunctions

The bad thing is if you see him back in the neighborhood and see a potential violation and call police to investigate/arrest him, you as the reporting party might be named in the police report they do as part of sending him back to jail on violations of condition of release.

I certainly hope it wasn't you that he did all those awful things to that he's accused of doing.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Evaluate a decision to label a restaurant review real or fake.Accept
Requester: Kristen Vaccaro [A3AMFCYZNMHLCU] Contact
TV: $38.99/hr TO: n/a TO2: n/a
Reward: $1.00
Duration: an hour
Available: 2
Description: Read a business review and then evaluate the decision to label it as real or fake. Time estimate: 5~10 minutes.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US; previously took yelp survey DoesNotExist
HIT Time: 3 mins. light writing.

Reactions: jan

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I presume tomorrow is going to be as dead as a door nail. ?
I'm going to check anyway just in case a nice batch hits.

If it's dead, I'll go enjoy nature for a little bit in the morning and then again in the evening after the mid-90's heat subsides.

Last edited:

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
another one of those "I am not a lawyer" posts so it's opinion on my behalf...

I interpreted it like Miklast did. The defense filed a motion to reduce bond amounts and the court agreed, adjusting bonds to what looks to be $26200. The state filed a motion to keep the defendant in jail until trial (i.e. not allow for bonding) but that was meaningless to consider because of the defendant's bonds give him a chance to get out of jail.

If it's a certain type of bond, he might be able to pay about $2,600 to a bail bondsman and get out of jail.

The good thing he has to meet conditions of the court if he gets out:

-Do not possess/carry any weapons and firearms.
-Do not have direct/indirect contact with the victim whatsoever
-Do not consume/ possess any illegal drugs and alcohol
- Do not return to the scene specified in the injunctions

The bad thing is if you see him back in the neighborhood and see a potential violation and call police to investigate/arrest him, you as the reporting party might be named in the police report they do as part of sending him back to jail on violations of condition of release.

I certainly hope it wasn't you that he did all those awful things to that he's accused of doing.
My phone number, address, and name are already public knowledge and listed online.. I am not happy about this. He was told he couldnt have a firearm earlier in the year when he was arrested for felony battery and had to turn it over, hense the 2nd degree felony charge for felon possessing a firearm. So I dont think he cares. He has been in trouble with the law since he was like 12 years old as he escaped from Juvy twice.

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
Florida? Try Texas. 1900 storm that hit Galveston killed at least 6,000, though now it's rated at 8,000 to 12,000. This monster tore up the middle of the country angling to Canada and the northeast.
And then there was Carla. So big it lapped out into the Atlantic and the Pacific. Hit Port O'Connor in 1961. My father was a Coast Guard engineer stationed on the Gulf Coast then. His ship was out at sea looking for a fishing boat in the middle of that. Mother and I lived in Austin then. She had a radio that picked up the marine band and was listening to the wind reports from the Sabine Pass CG station. Hoping to hear about his ship. Did hear when the last wind speed report come in. The Coastie said,''That's the last report. The odometer just blew down at 217 mph.''. The storm took a similar path as the 1900 storm--up through the middle of the country and all the way into the territories of Canada. I watched the eye go over Austin. Took 90 minutes to cross. Beat everything it passed to pieces. Kept an eye til it got cold.....we went through Port O'Connor the next summer. There were streets with nothing standing--just streets and curbs and cement slabs.
Yeah I am aware thats why I said biggest in the atlantic... The whole thing was the 2 storms are like hitting the same day and almost identical conditions. makes it a little bizarre.

Reactions: alk69

jan

Reaction score
My phone number, address, and name are already public knowledge and listed online.. I am not happy about this. He was told he couldnt have a firearm earlier in the year when he was arrested for felony battery and had to turn it over, hense the 2nd degree felony charge for felon possessing a firearm. So I dont think he cares. He has been in trouble with the law since he was like 12 years old as he escaped from Juvy twice.
FL will lock him up (ime - working in the prisons)

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
FL will lock him up (ime - working in the prisons)
well he is currently locked up but is trying to reduce bond and get out. His court date is 12/9/19. The house he was living in belongs to his dad and is down the street from me. Now I see online where he is supposed to go live with his aunt & grandma, but its less than 5 miles from my house.

Reactions: jan

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Answer a short academic survey (approximately 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Ms. M Ormiston [A24M9T22GFG79S] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.28] [Pay=Good] [Approval=3-7 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.21] [Fast=4.67] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=28] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 19:00
Available: 2
Description: Please participate in a short academic (approximately 10 minutes) survey
Qualifications: Gender - Female EqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US

KellieS23

Anyone else feel like a Rainbow?
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: ChristopherASA

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Judgements and experiences, desktop only(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Guy Voichek [A32I89VRCTGONF] [TurkerView]
Description: Judgements and experiences, desktop only
Duration: ~30min
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100,
  • Exc: [168860-168271] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95,
  • Location In US,
HIT Time: 1 min, 13 sec
Catchability: Great

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Academic Study: Death Exposure in the Workplace | PANDA
Requester: Denisa Luta [A13VS7F4GGL0UR]
TurkerView: [ $29.31 / hour ]
Description: 2 part study examining how exposure to injury and death in the workplace affects people's attitudes, feelings and behaviours. Part 1 (~30 minutes). This research study has been granted ethics approval from the. University of Guelph REB#19-06-013.
Duration: 30 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $4.00
Qualifications:
  • Masters Exists
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
[3USZNBD0IDOO5290R0H4GRJD5YO159]

Reactions: C to the J
Status
Not open for further replies.