08/31 - Fizzy Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Emotional Responses to Pictures (WARNING: This HIT contains adult content. Worker discretion is advised.) | Accept
Requester: Kateri McRae [A2WDBZJG0V7SL3] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.67] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=9.04] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 10.00
Duration: 10800
Available: 1
Description: This is study examining employed emotion rergulation strategies in response to visual stimuli. Eligible participants will be asked to complete surveys/questionnaires and an online computer task.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 80; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Robbie

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking to set up a task where people submit a self-portrait of themselves for a project I'm running. I'm not sure how the best way to do this is, whether it's best to ask people to hand draw them and then scan them in, or draw them on a program (like MS paint) where I could get people to do the drawings online and then submit. Would be interested to hear your thoughts on both options.

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking to set up a task where people submit a self-portrait of themselves for a project I'm running. I'm not sure how the best way to do this is, whether it's best to ask people to hand draw them and then scan them in, or draw them on a program (like MS paint) where I could get people to do the drawings online and then submit. Would be interested to hear your thoughts on both options.
Hey there! Either is fine. It really depends on the results you are looking for and the pay. With an online program(Paint etc.) you can pay less because it's less involved. That said, the tool is limited, as far as results. Not to say that hand drawn is always better because, hand-drawn is either pretty good or pretty bad. Then you have to deal with formatting the different formats for uploading hand-drawn art. Also, a task that uses a tool to draw will get done immediately. A hand-drawn HIT will need a longer timer and less people will jump on it right away, due to the extra steps.(still not a bad thing because people who do it[hand-draw] take it more seriously) This matters if there is a deadline you are trying to meet for the project.

That's my opinion. If you ask 10 other people, you'll get 12 different answers. Also, try posting in this area of the forum. https://www.mturkcrowd.com/forums/requesters.3/
It has a bunch of seasoned requesters that may have more input than I can provide, from a different perspective.
Good luck.:)

Last edited:

Robbie

Reaction score
Hey there! Either is fine. It really depends on the results you are looking for and the pay. With an online program(Paint etc.) you can pay less because it's less involved. That said, the tool is limited, as far as results. Not to say that hand drawn is always better because, hand-drawn is either pretty good or pretty bad. Then you have to deal with formatting the different formats for uploading hand-drawn art. Also, a task that uses a tool to draw will get done immediately. A hand-drawn HIT will need a longer timer and less people will jump on it right away, due to the extra steps.(still not a bad thing because people who do it[hand-draw] take it more seriously) This matters if there is a deadline you are trying to meet for the project.

That's my opinion. If you ask 10 other people, you'll get 12 different answers. Also, try posting in this area of the forum. https://www.mturkcrowd.com/forums/requesters.3/
It has a bunch of seasoned requesters that may have more input than I can provide, from a different perspective.
Good luck.:)
Thanks, that's incredibly good advice

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Rate a supervisor behaviors based on 2 emails (5 - 10 min) | Accept
Requester: Florian Klonek [A39HIN7E9YAWPI] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.59] [Pay=2.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=1.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=11.39] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=25%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.40
Duration: 86400
Description: You will read about a task to work on with a supervisor. After reading two emails from your supervisor, rate your supervisor.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; Location In AU, GB, IE, NZ, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Categorization Study (5-7mins) | Accept
Requester: Adelaide CompCogSci [A2UKL52R7I6BX7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.20] [Pay=4.86] [Fast=null] [Comm=5.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.46] [Fast=4.74] [Comm=4.04] [Fair=4.75] [Reviews=117] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=13.02] [Pen=0.42 days] [Res=null] [Rec=78%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.25
Duration: 7200
Description: You will be shown some objects or avatars and will sort them into categories
Qualifications: Bad Subjects DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; objects-avatars-categorisation DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Complete abstract reasoning puzzles! | Accept
Requester: TA Research [A2QN52Y15Q9P4S] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$45.41] [Pay=5.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.52] [Fast=4.34] [Comm=3.19] [Fair=4.31] [Reviews=128] [ToS=3]
TO2: [Hrly=29.19] [Pen=6.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 28800
Description: Complete abstract reasoning puzzles!
Qualifications: No_AR DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

jan

Reaction score
Title: Survey on users' perceptions about Internet privacy (15 mins) ($1.0 + bonus $0.5 or $1.0) | Accept
Requester: Internet Study Group [A3B8YUBHP5F7CS] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=20.00] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1800
Description: Survey on users' perceptions about Internet privacy (15 mins) ($1.0 + bonus $0.5 or $1.0)
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: themildone
Status
Not open for further replies.