08/30 - Follow Along Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
That is kind of horrifying, lol.
I deleted mine 11 years ago to cut the drama out of my life. I don't regret it at all.
I've decided I've got to delete all my cookies again and then start searching for random people and clicking on their facebook pages to try to reset the damn thing. I never click on any of the emails they send me, so maybe they'll think they got it wrong.

Reaction score
Don't concern yourself with things that stress you. There's enough of that in life that you can't avoid anyway...Having said that, I actually found the comments to be, at most, annoying. People can be so incredibly intentionally stupid. But by now, I have heard far worse. As I said, some things you can't avoid.
Just finished the HIT. Some of these comments I was rating were, to say the least, incredibly stupid. It is truly unfortunate that as a species we have been given the gift of nearly limitless knowledge (the internet), and yet so many choose to use it as a platform to display their... Perfunctory brain functions.

alk69

Reaction score
Don't beat yourself up about it. It happens. I messed up deviled eggs a decade ago and my husband still brings it up because it's hilarious now that I think about it. We were making them and I threw away the yolks and he turned around and was like "Babe... you didn't throw away the yolks, did you?" :hilarious:
Oh, also I've burned scrambled eggs and lasagna. I'm sure there's more if I really think about it. haha
I'm blaming it all on the computer. ''The devil computer made me do it''. I get involved online and forget about the kitchen. I try NOT TO LEAVE the kitchen when I'm cooking, but that's when panda starts screaming at me.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm blaming it all on the computer. ''The devil computer made me do it''. I get involved online and forget about the kitchen. I try NOT TO LEAVE the kitchen when I'm cooking, but that's when panda starts screaming at me.
I think more of us have that easily distracted by the computer problem. Someone on the forum recently mentioned she sets a timer when she's cooking and turking so she doesn't forget about what's going on in the kitchen. A simple, yet necessary tactic. lol

alk69

Reaction score
I made some homemade granola bars the other day with molasses and I totally thought I burned them. Luckily they are delicious, but I totally thought I fucked up and burned them at first. I may be a wonderful cook, but it comes at the price of some terrible mistakes occasionally. As a child I tried to boil eggs once, promptly forgot about them, and my parents ended up having to paint the ceiling after the eggs exploded and couldn't be cleaned off enough.
Molasses is burned to begin from the first, since it is the scrapings of the sugar refining process. And as you know, sugar cane is burned to begin with.
For the curious: cane field->burned off to harvest->brown sugar->processed to white sugar/brown sugars->molasses->waffles! and oatmeal cookies! and the Crab's granola bars...The Brazilians also feed molasses to cattle.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: scrmcasey and LucyO

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: scrmcasey and LucyO

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about self-driving cars | PANDA
Requester: Debargha Dey [AWDZTV94N8R4B] [TurkerView]
Description: Give us your opinion about interacting with self-driving cars as a pedestrian
Duration: ~60min
Reward: $1.75
Qualifications:
  • Masters Exist
  • IntentCommWorkers DoesNotExis
  • Location EqualTo US
HIT Time: 2 min, 59 sec
Catchability: Great

Last edited:
Reactions: scrmcasey

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Consumer responses to innovative services | PANDA
Requester: Jiyoung [A53D9D8A3ANGX] [TurkerView]
Description: Give us your opinion about an innovative service
Duration: ~1440min
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000
  • Location EqualTo US
HIT Time: 1 min, 48 sec
Catchability: Okay

Last edited:

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Last edited:

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Judging Political Positions and Reasons | PANDA
Requester: IMC Lab [A1T434NH13YMQU] [TurkerView]
Description: Read about a political issue and make some judgments about it. Also, complete demographics questions.
Duration: ~60min
Reward: $4.00
Qualifications:
  • SocioPoliticalReasons DoesNotExis
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50
  • Location EqualTo US
HIT Time: 11 min, 29 sec
Catchability: Okay
Cons: timed pages

Binxybaby

Reaction score
Welp they closed my office on Tuesday. Im glad because my sons daycare already said they were closed so if I would have had to work he would have been in the office with me lol

Reactions: JanetW and LucyO

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Contemporary Social Issues Survey | PANDA
Requester: Devine Lab [A3139U8KKINZTG] [TurkerView]
Description: You will read an article and answer questions about a variety of contemporary social issues.
Duration: ~360min
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95
  • Completed IVE DoesNotExis
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50
  • Location EqualTo US
HIT Time: 4 min, 32 sec
Catchability: Great

Reactions: LucyO

IdahoCrab

Reaction score
Molasses is burned to begin from the first, since it is the scrapings of the sugar refining process. And as you know, sugar cane is burned to begin with.
For the curious: cane field->burned off to harvest->brown sugar->processed to white sugar/brown sugars->molasses->waffles! and oatmeal cookies! and the Crab's granola bars...The Brazilians also feed molasses to cattle.
I had no idea! I've never used molasses before the granola bars, but I do know that I love it.

Reactions: LucyO
Status
Not open for further replies.