08/29 - Spa Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

NEW! Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

The start for Spa will be very interesting.

Last edited:

jan

Reaction score
So Jan, I have to ask, what is the lowdown on your new computer?
on my to-do list, still. I've been looking at the ASUS scratch and dent page. Honestly, I feel a bit stupid about it. I know what RAM is. I understand the basics of processor speed. But I don't know what I need - you know? I'm not a gamer. I don't need a serious computer. But I DO want one that will last.

I've been looking at this one: https://acerrecertified.com/acer-as...ssd-windows-10-home-tc-895-ua91-scratch-dent/

it's on ebay for even less (this time, 'refurb) - 270.00 - more memory 1TB - otherwise the same

ETA: I'm guessing I'd have to add more RAM w/these. But otherwise, okay.
🤞

Last edited:
Reactions: HelloHello

Lumius

Reaction score
$250 worth of Percy up since last week and i've only done 10, these could at least pay double to make it worth it
You can run two-three at once of the same topic, and swap between them while you wait on timer, especially if you write quickly.

There's no character minimum, just a need for a conclusion. Just don't get last minute college writing scramble PTSD.
You can also re-use the google form data, to keep it under 11min for $2.50/$5 if you are doing two.

11min per hit is ~$15-ish hour, and there's not much else up that is close as a filler. I did 93 of them, all approved.

Researcher said they are removing them at end of August too, just fyi.

Edit: (Direct email quote)
"We may release a few more prompts for argumentative writing soon, but that would be probably the last batch. Our HITs will be available until the end of August, and we'd definitely love to read more of your essays (only if you have a moment to work on the last few!)."

Last edited:

HelloHello

Reaction score
on my to-do list, still. I've been looking at the ASUS scratch and dent page. Honestly, I feel a bit stupid about it. I know what RAM is. I understand the basics of processor speed. But I don't know what I need - you know? I'm not a gamer. I don't need a serious computer. But I DO want one that will last.

I've been looking at this one: https://acerrecertified.com/acer-as...ssd-windows-10-home-tc-895-ua91-scratch-dent/

it's on ebay for even less (this time, 'refurb) - 270.00 - more memory 1TB - otherwise the same

ETA: I'm guessing I'd have to add more RAM w/these. But otherwise, okay.
🤞
I know exactly how you feel. I'd be willing to pay a modest fee to someone to find just the right computer for me.

• Love
Reactions: jan
Status
Not open for further replies.