08/26 - Pick A Logo Friday!

Which logo would you like to represent MTC?

• http://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/397278/

• http://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/397306/

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuk

Reaction score
Good morning, does anyone use something to change the angle of your arm when working? My arms are starting to hurt and I'm thinking it's because how I have to use the mouse.
I purchased these 3 items and have found that they have helped a lot to keep my hands, wrists, and arms pain free. Having a proper sitting posture and monitor at eye level helps too

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000N4B65G (wrist rest for mouse)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E2N1NG (chair arm cushions for elbows)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005YU8TMC (wrist sleep support)

seventhaxis

will turk for steak
Contributor
Reaction score
You may also try acupuncture if the pain does not get better. Suffered for many years until I had acupuncture and 2 visits, 140 dollars, took care of a frozen shoulder that the regular MDs had given me only pain pills for.
sounds very promising. I've always wondered if acupuncture really did anything or not.
Eh, acupuncture isn't useless, but it's not a cure. One anecdote isn't data and for every study that makes it seem like it's truly effective, there are half a dozen reasons why their data should be tossed aside (lack of controls, no effective or reproducible documentation on method, etc). It's not garbage like astrology and tarot cards, but you should know that it's up there with chiropractic medicine. It relies heavily on placebo and usually requires a recurring appointment.

If it works for people like teal, hey that's absolutely great! But all evidence so far points to the conclusion that it's not a cure and should not be seen as a first choice (or even a second for that matter).

Thomas The Turk Engine

Island of Sodor
Reaction score
Morning y'all. Anyone do the $6 Emily Ingalls hit? I finished the first part but the site the second part is hosted on is timing out, not sure if its something on my end or theirs.

Reactions: Azazael and <Gucci>

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
You may also try acupuncture if the pain does not get better. Suffered for many years until I had acupuncture and 2 visits, 140 dollars, took care of a frozen shoulder that the regular MDs had given me only pain pills for.
My adoptive mother is Japanese so I was raised with both eastern and western medicine. They both have great value in my opinion and when you do your research, get referrals from people just as you would for any doctor of western medicine, you have a greater success rate. If I had to go every month and pay tons of money, it might be different but I went 2 times 3 years ago and have been relatively pain free since as long as I also combine the exercises I was taught.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
Morning y'all. Anyone do the $6 Emily Ingalls hit? I finished the first part but the site the second part is hosted on is timing out, not sure if its something on my end or theirs.
no, but just wanted to say my grand son freaking loves Thomas the Train.

Devil_Dawg

Contributor
Reaction score
I was going to say my son just got really excited seeing that avatar while we eat breakfast :)
you best put some on the tv momma, or you'll never hear the end of it

Reactions: Sondi

seventhaxis

will turk for steak
Contributor
Reaction score
My adoptive mother is Japanese so I was raised with both eastern and western medicine. They both have great value in my opinion and when you do your research, get referrals from people just as you would for any doctor of western medicine, you have a greater success rate. If I had to go every month and pay tons of money, it might be different but I went 2 times 3 years ago and have been relatively pain free since as long as I also combine the exercises I was taught.
I agree with you that alternative medicine can have value and hey, you don't have the pain, then that's really all that should matter.

The point I want to make (and I apologize if it came across as blunt or harsh) is that, even as an extremely skeptical person, the idea that I need to do all the research in 2016 is sometimes, in my opinion, an unnecessary burden. We have people that have a passion and appropriate posture for medicine and, as physical creatures, the efficacy of it all is not really subjective. There is going to be some variance between how effective one medicine is from one person to the next, but on average that's going to be negligible, if noticeable at all. And that's also not to say that eastern or alternative medicines cannot work, but they absolutely rely heavily on placebo and a foundation of additional physical measures (which you described). I'm all about finding out things for myself, but I think it's important to recognize the pitfall of cognitive bias and guard ourselves from relying on anecdotes from family and friends versus the advice of professionals that stand on the shoulders of centuries of progress.

At the end of the day though, you do you and everybody make that money.

Thomas The Turk Engine

Island of Sodor
Reaction score
Reactions: Sondi

Devil_Dawg

Contributor
Reaction score
key kittens it's National Dog day
LOL a head banging poodle, this from a movie or something please tell me it is. Also We going to see Kubo and the two strings this morning I finally won the argument. (she gave up, I bitched a lot)

Reactions: Pleco and <Gucci>

seventhaxis

will turk for steak
Contributor
Reaction score
LOL a head banging poodle, this from a movie or something please tell me it is. Also We going to see Kubo and the two strings this morning I finally won the argument. (she gave up, I bitched a lot)
It's from the Secret Life of Pets -- pretty funny movie still in theaters.

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
the movie is really cute!!! secret life of pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.