08/26 - Pick A Logo Friday!

Which logo would you like to represent MTC?

• http://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/397278/

• http://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/397306/

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Type2Work

Contributor
Reaction score
Eh, acupuncture isn't useless, but it's not a cure. One anecdote isn't data and for every study that makes it seem like it's truly effective, there are half a dozen reasons why their data should be tossed aside (lack of controls, no effective or reproducible documentation on method, etc). It's not garbage like astrology and tarot cards, but you should know that it's up there with chiropractic medicine. It relies heavily on placebo and usually requires a recurring appointment.

If it works for people like teal, hey that's absolutely great! But all evidence so far points to the conclusion that it's not a cure and should not be seen as a first choice (or even a second for that matter).
My adoptive mother is Japanese so I was raised with both eastern and western medicine. They both have great value in my opinion and when you do your research, get referrals from people just as you would for any doctor of western medicine, you have a greater success rate. If I had to go every month and pay tons of money, it might be different but I went 2 times 3 years ago and have been relatively pain free since as long as I also combine the exercises I was taught.
I wouldn't discredit it for myself. I do use the acupuncture bands for car sickness and they really help. Not sure I could positive think my way out of that.

seventhaxis

will turk for steak
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't discredit it for myself. I do use the acupuncture bands for car sickness and they really help. Not sure I could positive think my way out of that.
Nice, yeah if works for you then do you!

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Morning :coffeepc:

I've snagged a few... like 5.
I just now realized your username is supposed to be pronounced like Nightmare, right? You've been knit-mire in my head, idk if I'm going to be able to fix that...

Reactions: Azazael and Kerek
Status
Not open for further replies.