08/26 - Money Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I did email Amazon Friday and ask them how to put the money back. I Didn't see a way to transfer the money from my bank back to the account. They didn't respond.
I asked one of the reps what we were going to do about the whole thing and he just said that Amazon was working on a fix and when they got it worked out they would let us know....that was on Saturday.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone on here use Overwatch? And if so, is it like something that alerts you when a requester you like posts something?
I use Overwatch even though I believe I've been told that it will not ever be updated because it was abandoned or something, but it works for me. I would miss out on a few batches if it weren't for Overwatch. If one requester posts too much/posts a not so great batch and the sound starts to annoy me, I'll just click that requesters name until it turns red, which turns off the notifications for that one requester.
Also, if you ever go to delete cookies or cache, Overwatch will be wiped clear, so be sure to back it up.

• Love
Reactions: LucyO

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I use Overwatch even though I believe I've been told that it will not ever be updated because it was abandoned or something, but it works for me. I would miss out on a few batches if it weren't for Overwatch. If one requester posts too much/posts a not so great batch and the sound starts to annoy me, I'll just click that requesters name until it turns red, which turns off the notifications for that one requester.
Also, if you ever go to delete cookies or cache, Overwatch will be wiped clear, so be sure to back it up.
Thank you! I was thinking about adding it on because I constantly miss batches and I am tired of feeling like I have to be handcuffed to the computer.

• Love
Reactions: 4ourfuture

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Mornin' Folks :coffeeman:

I tried to take ample time this weekend away from turking to recharge, i'm in the mood where i don't want to touch a survey with a 20 foot pole.

I hope you all thats having problems with AP really did get a bank error in your favor card and they just 0 out your AP balance and thats the end of it. Although i'm slightly Jelly because i transferred over $1300 that day and mine went through fine like normal. If i had that problem and panic withdrew repetitively i could be in new car territory today hah.

Right now the plan is to nom on some breakfast and get out to the park for a walk and then come back to fight my survey demons.

SalvadorZombie

The Jon Moxley of Mturk
Reaction score
I just got an email from Amazon saying that the duplicate payments would not be reversed. And I don't think they could, given that they're literally in our bank accounts.

jijab

Reaction score
On turkerview I used to be able to click on a specific hit from a requester and see the reviews for that hit, but now when I try to do that it just shows me a list of reviews from other hits from the same requester, not necessarily the hit I am trying to see. I'm not sure if I need to use the paid part of the service to get to do this again, does anyone know?

jan

Reaction score
2 minutes
Title: Answer a survey about a webshop offer | Accept
Requester: Anneleen Van Kerckhove [ARU5JCKJ84ZYT] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.88] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.50] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.21
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 45
Description: Give us your opinion about a deal that is offered on a webshop
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: savvy

jan

Reaction score
I just got an email from Amazon saying that the duplicate payments would not be reversed. And I don't think they could, given that they're literally in our bank accounts.
I had a bank do that once, and they can certainly reverse it (it was their mistake - but my problem). So, they could - legally. IDK why they don't care. :shrug:

Reactions: cassius and LucyO

SalvadorZombie

The Jon Moxley of Mturk
Reaction score
I had a bank do that once, and they can certainly reverse it (it was their mistake - but my problem). So, they could - legally. IDK why they don't care. :shrug:
Fair point. I know that if Amazon DID reverse all of those it would cause a minor riot though, so that's probably why they aren't. It's not viable if they really want Mturk to keep going.

Reactions: cyberwasp and jan

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I think if they did reverse them, it would cause all of the people that they reversed the payments on to have "return payment" fees on their account (which someone one would have to eat - either the bank or Amazon). It would be a bigger cluster F*** than they already have.

jan

Reaction score
Title: Give us your opinion on some products(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Chelsea Galoni [A21GER8XRB884I] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.09] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.21] [Fast=4.64] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=4.56] [Reviews=17] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 30:00
Available: 2
Description: Tell us about a celebrity product
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
So has anyone seen their balance go from negative to 0 yet?

Reactions: HelloHello

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Some questions about your perceptions in the sales context(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Yingshu Wang [A3FAWSJRPUYFRS] (Req TV): $11.23/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
You will answer some questions about one's position in the organization. This survey should take around 2 minutes to complete.
Time: 15 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 11
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: Exc: [1686529408-166992] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 92; Location In US;
HIT Time: 2 minutes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.