08/21 - Tensorflow Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

Eh why not continue the theme

Move Mirror project

TensorKart project

TensorFlow is an open-source machine learning library for research and production.

Last edited:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Morning kids!:) Had a busy day yesterday but, seem to have today free. So, hopefully lots of turking and maybe finish my painting. I'm nervous about the background. It's a lot of area to screw up.:(

Last edited:

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Morning kids!:) Had a busy day yesterday but, seem to have today free. So, hopefully lots of turking and maybe finish my painting. I'm nervous about the background. It's a lot of area to screw up.:(

Last edited:

Achilles2357

Reaction score
That is really pretty good so far. I've had some forays into art, but I'd be glad if I could do that. You are inspiring me to get down to business...

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
That is really pretty good so far. I've had some forays into art, but I'd be glad if I could do that. You are inspiring me to get down to business...
You should because I haven't painted anything, other than a couple of practice paintings 2 months ago, in over 20 years. And, it's all self-taught, if you could call it that. Mostly just trial and error, which is how I like to learn things. I watched a few videos just to hear a few people rattle off the basics but, then I didn't really follow any of their "rules". So, it's an experiment and a practice lesson. I'm getting better at it and my speed is increasing a bit. It's coming out well and I'm learning a lot about water management. It's not really talent so much as I can reproduce things pretty well. But, this is the first time I've ever tried to do something realistic. Everything else I've ever done has been outlined in black. I used to work in cartoon style. Kevin Eastman(one of the creators of TMNT) was in one of my art classes, when I was in tech school. We used to draw things side by side. My art style used to be pen and ink, and a lot like early TMNT stuff.(see TMNT Role-playing game, or the first run of comics.) But, then I just stopped doing art when I started working. I've done maybe 4 or 5 specific projects for T-shirts and posters since. But, yes. You should! Just start small and that will get you more excited. I bought a shitty watercolour kit at Goodwill for $3 before this painting. It had crappy 90# paper and I'm not sure what the watercolours were made from but, they basically sat, like chalk, on the top of the paper. But, it had a nice brush in the pack, which got me excited. So, I tried with those, had a little success. Then I wanted to move up a level. So, I bought about $20 worth of stuff at AC Moore, and brushes and paper at Walmart. And, for $20, I was off to the races.
I just like the pretty colours, tbh.
Thanks for the compliment though and I hope you do start. It feels good to be creative and to make things that you find aesthetically pleasing.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sondi and jklmnop

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Evaluating Organizational Scenarios and Leadership | Accept
Requester: UMD Research [A2WI9RJXORTM2Y] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 1200
Available: 333
Description: Short survey asking about various attitudes and opinions. Eligible participants will be invited to a follow-up study involving evaluating a hypothetical scenario.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Achilles2357

Reaction score
You should because I haven't painted anything, other than a couple of practice paintings 2 months ago, in over 20 years. And, it's all self-taught, if you could call it that. Mostly just trial and error, which is how I like to learn things. I watched a few videos just to hear a few people rattle off the basics but, then I didn't really follow any of their "rules". So, it's an experiment and a practice lesson. I'm getting better at it and my speed is increasing a bit. It's coming out well and I'm learning a lot about water management. It's not really talent so much as I can reproduce things pretty well. But, this is the first time I've ever tried to do something realistic. Everything else I've ever done has been outlined in black. I used to work in cartoon style. Kevin Eastman(one of the creators of TMNT) was in one of my art classes, when I was in tech school. We used to draw things side by side. My art style used to be pen and ink, and a lot like early TMNT stuff.(see TMNT Role-playing game, or the first run of comics.) But, then I just stopped doing art when I started working. I've done maybe 4 or 5 specific projects for T-shirts and posters since. But, yes. You should! Just start small and that will get you more excited. I bought a shitty watercolour kit at Goodwill for $3 before this painting. It had crappy 90# paper and I'm not sure what the watercolours were made from but, they basically sat, like chalk, on the top of the paper. But, it had a nice brush in the pack, which got me excited. So, I tried with those, had a little success. Then I wanted to move up a level. So, I bought about $20 worth of stuff at AC Moore, and brushes and paper at Walmart. And, for $20, I was off to the races.
I just like the pretty colours, tbh.
Thanks for the compliment though and I hope you do start. It feels good to be creative and to make things that you find aesthetically pleasing.:)
Interesting. I had a maybe 20 year gap where I did absolutely no art at all, before taking a free public art class. I stuck with that for a few years and actually found that I did far, far better than I expected. That is now several years in the past, and I have made only brief forays back into trying it since then. I think that starting small is probably the way to go. I do want to try this again.

Reactions: jklmnop and Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Evaluating Organizational Scenarios and Leadership | Accept
Requester: UMD Research [A2WI9RJXORTM2Y] Contact
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Available: 333
Description: Short survey asking about various attitudes and opinions. Eligible participants will be invited to a follow-up study involving evaluating a hypothetical scenario.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
5min

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Interesting. I had a maybe 20 year gap where I did absolutely no art at all, before taking a free public art class. I stuck with that for a few years and actually found that I did far, far better than I expected. That is now several years in the past, and I have made only brief forays back into trying it since then. I think that starting small is probably the way to go. I do want to try this again.
What really made me want to try watercolour is that I realized I had been taught a lot about art in various classes throughout school but, I had never been taught how to properly paint with watercolour. I remember clearly that we were kind of shown how to use them, as the first paint medium that was taught in school.(ie put brush in water, then paint, then apply to paper which will warp instantly) We never had watercolour paper in school, which is almost essential to painting with water. If it's on crap paper, you end up fighting it. So, I quickly gave up using them in Elementary School. I was never taught blending or washes, or that you have to almost paint backwards with watercolour. With oil or pastel, my layers would get lighter, ending with highlights. Watercolour is the reverse because of the transparency of the medium. So, in my mind watercolour was a throwaway medium that I found no use for. But, then I found that there is so much more watercolour painting out there that I hadn't realized, like all kinds of nature books and landscapes. I've found that I love nature more, as I get older. So, I like to be able to reproduce it. I never realized, until I looked into it, that you can get some very realistic results. So, that's what I'm into right now. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jklmnop

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
What really made me want to try watercolour is that I realized I had been taught a lot about art in various classes throughout school but, I had never been taught how to properly paint with watercolour. I remember clearly that we were kind of shown how to use them, as the first paint medium that was taught in school.(ie put brush in water, then paint, then apply to paper which will warp instantly) We never had watercolour paper in school, which is almost essential to painting with water. If it's on crap paper, you end up fighting it. So, I quickly gave up using them in Elementary School. I was never taught blending or washes, or that you have to almost paint backwards with watercolour. With oil or pastel, my layers would get lighter, ending with highlights. Watercolour is the reverse because of the transparency of the medium. So, in my mind watercolour was a throwaway medium that I found no use for. But, then I found that there is so much more watercolour painting out there that I hadn't realized, like all kinds of nature books and landscapes. I've found that I love nature more, as I get older. So, I like to be able to reproduce it. I never realized, until I looked into it, that you can get some very realistic results. So, that's what I'm into right now. :)
This is one of the styles I worked in a lot when I was younger. Like a cross between Don Bluth and early Disney(Fox and Hound, JungleBook).
I made this bookmark for my nephew a few months ago, right when I got this set, to test them out.:) He loves Geronimo Stilton and he's learning to read.

His friends were jealous.:D

EDIT Now that I look, I think this may have been the garbage paints from Goodwill. Still worked but not super bright.

Last edited:

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Wow... all new to me...

SliceofLife

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Holly for work related to 37PGLWGSJT6HDW964N135RC612GKIE.
The value of your bonus is: $6.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Hi – Thank you so much for completing our academic survey. Your responses are very helpful and appreciated. This bonus payment reflects the additional payment you earned. Thanks again! Holly and Christine

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about employment | Accept
Requester: John [ASM3O15S6TI1C] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.06] [Pay=3.40] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.55] [Fast=2.75] [Comm=2.28] [Fair=3.02] [Reviews=184] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=14.13] [Pen=2.00 days] [Res=100%] [Rec=60%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.30
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about employment options
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Beliefs & you evaluating yourself & others (native English, US born & raised)(~ 12 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Gilad Feldman [AIJ6CWLNZDT3V] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$7.30] [Pay=3.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.80] [Fast=4.78] [Comm=4.33] [Fair=4.57] [Reviews=53] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=5.99] [Pen=0.22 days] [Res=null] [Rec=83%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 2400
Available: 52
Description: Beliefs & you evaluating yourself & others : Rate your generalized beliefs and make self and/or others evaluations (native English, US born & raised)
Qualifications: Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 500000; Exc: [1062914022-103070] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Music Study(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Genius Marketing [AGTYHFJ98NK4N] Contact
TO: [Pay=2.86] [Fast=3.50] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=3.27] [Reviews=19] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=7.96] [Pen=0.20 days] [Res=100%] [Rec=100%] [Rej=1] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Available: 1
Description: You will listen to a short piece of music and then answer a few questions about it and your personality.
Qualifications: Exc: [3310856-103069] DoesNotExist ; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
5min-ish

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.