08/21 - Spoonfed Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

jan

Reaction score
going to spend the day looking for a new computer and watching that NOAA track which, atm, is headed straight for me.

:arghh:

Somehow the universe did not get the message: I don't live in FL anymore, lol

cassius

Reaction score
going to spend the day looking for a new computer and watching that NOAA track which, atm, is headed straight for me.

:arghh:

Somehow the universe did not get the message: I don't live in FL anymore, lol
Well ... make it interesting. grab SO, start a fire, if it cools off ...

Reactions: HelloHello and jan

jan

Reaction score
oh, I want to use this

doolally (British English)

adjective
slang
out of one's mind
In full: doolally tap

(Considering my daughter - I can see a circumstance when this would be useful. add a bit of dignity to my expletive game!)

HelloHello

Reaction score
oh, I want to use this

doolally (British English)

adjective
slang
out of one's mind
In full: doolally tap

(Considering my daughter - I can see a circumstance when this would be useful. add a bit of dignity to my expletive game!)
Addlepated is my go-to

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: A study on consumer decision making(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Clark Cao [A7TYG64AILBQY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.51] [Pay=Low] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 30:00
Available: 22
Description: survey
Qualifications: Exc: [408005397-314489] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

Reactions: Blakkat

LumosDC

Reaction score
jan @jan

Did the problem with the monitor ever get resolved? Was a bit curious as to what the problem was,

Reactions: HelloHello

jan

Reaction score
jan @jan

Did the problem with the monitor ever get resolved? Was a bit curious as to what the problem was,
I actually think it's a problem with the tower and it can't get the signal to the monitor. I've tried an old monitor and the same problem. TBH, I was surprised because when other old towers died, it let out a noise. The computer sounds like it boots up, I have gotten the cord in and it appears like it should work. But no signal.

There was a second cord running from the monitor to the tower that never was hooked up (in my ignorance, I thought this was the problem). It appears I was just stupid :) But there it was, attached to the monitor and hanging out.....so I just thought that must be it......

Last edited:
Reactions: HelloHello

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
These slow weekend day, are really bumming me out.
the secret to turking on weekends is just like life lessons to be happy. Lower your expectations.
I'm happy with 10 bux a day on weekends and now I don't even stress not meeting that. I have plenty of other stuff to do. Weekdays i aim for $30 minimum, 50 high goal, keep going if i run into a good day batch.
This time of year is bad anyways, with most students not going back to school until later in the month. Even then, it takes a bit for more hits to pop up. Good luck!

LumosDC

Reaction score
I actually think it's a problem with the tower and it can't get the signal to the monitor. I've tried an old monitor and the same problem. TBH, I was surprised because when old towers died, it let out a noise. The computer sounds like it boots up, I have gotten the cord in and it appears like it should work. But no signal.

If both monitors were plugged in further up on the computer and was running off of integrated graphics but the computer sounds like its turning on, then the port is probably broken. Plugging it into the graphics card further down the computer may work.

Could be that the graphics card died, if monitors were plugged in there and there are no other ports on the graphics card to test. If that is the case, that sucks as the GPU market absolutely sucks and will continue to foreseeable future.

Reactions: HelloHello and jan
Status
Not open for further replies.