08/20 - Make Mturk Great Again Saturday!

If you only had one choice which one would you choose?

• Do 1000 Breligs

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Talk to Krysssy

Votes: 35 26.9%
  • Pet Pleco

Votes: 27 20.8%
  • Jump off a cliff

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Quit Mturk

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • Nah fam.

Votes: 36 27.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
so you can pantha with a panda hit? you don't need to change what you give panda crazy? Just set it to pantha?

Reactions: <Gucci>

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score
Legion Invasions were hotfixed. I leveled my 90 to 100 in less than 2 hours.

I leveled an alt that was 40 to 60 in an hour and a half.

Don't want to sleep so I can finish up my characters on my new server.

Yuk

Reaction score
so you can pantha with a panda hit? you don't need to change what you give panda crazy? Just set it to pantha?
That's right. It goes back to what a panda is in the first place which is just changing a link like https://www.mturk.com/mturk/preview?groupId=XXXXXXX to https://www.mturk.com/mturk/previewandaccept?groupId=XXXXXXX

When you set the option to pantha, panda crazy uses the preview version of the link and then accepts the HIT instead of just using the previewandaccept (panda) version that would normally accept the HIT automatically when you first load the page. But batch throttling tells you there's no more HITs available if you try to panda when in reality there's hundreds or thousands available which makes panda so much weaker when it's normally so much stronger than previewing a HIT first

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
That's right. It goes back to what a panda is in the first place which is just changing a link like https://www.mturk.com/mturk/preview?groupId=XXXXXXX to https://www.mturk.com/mturk/previewandaccept?groupId=XXXXXXX

When you set the option to pantha, panda crazy uses the preview version of the link and then accepts the HIT instead of just using the previewandaccept (panda) version that would normally accept the HIT automatically when you first load the page. But batch throttling tells you there's no more HITs available if you try to panda when in reality there's hundreds or thousands available which makes panda so much weaker when it's normally so much stronger than previewing a HIT first
Sounds like an awesome rundown to me. But it also sounds like a foreign language because I'm trying to understand it way too late at night.

teddy

Reaction score
A special case.
Some requester hits are being throttled like Zoltar, Zing, Ibotta, a9 and Sergey. This script will go to the preview page and then accept the hit so it has to send 2 requests. One problem is it can miss a few hits if other people grab it first. For throttled panda's, missing a few is better than getting small amounts.

Yuk

Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome rundown to me. But it also sounds like a foreign language because I'm trying to understand it way too late at night.
Basically what it comes down to is that for some reason when a batch is throttled and panda only works like once out of every 100 refreshes, if you preview the HIT first if there's any available it'll always show one to accept. So it essentially replaces panda'ing when panda becomes useless like that.

Another situation where pantha becomes superior is if you're working on a batch that has let's say 100,000 available and you have the "Automatically Accept the next HIT" checkbox ticked and it suddenly tells you there's none left in the group after you submit.

I tried to keep it short and sweet but I ended up typing another long message lol

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Yuk @Yuk if I want a url or requester search like in TM, is there a way to do that without it accepting any hits (just notifying you if they start posting)? should i even bother doing this with PC and just leave it for other scripts?

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
Leave it to nbc though to make a 2 second highlight last 50 seconds *and* have a misleading title. Connor Fields didn't lead from the start at all lolol.
BMX is the only sport that's interesting to me at this olympics and they butchered the highlights.
At least next year they will have skateboarding.

Reactions: Pleco and <Gucci>

Yuk

Reaction score
Yuk @Yuk if I want a url or requester search like in TM, is there a way to do that without it accepting any hits (just notifying you if they start posting)? should i even bother doing this with PC and just leave it for other scripts?
You actually just stated the one strength TM has over Panda Crazy. It doesn't have a general search functionality that TM has.

The author actually talks about it here http://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/353803/

The search feature that TM does is not done in PC but it can do a search on a requester to panda a new hit from that requester. Good for requesters with a lot of panda's or always changing panda's. I do like how TM search works when it does a search but I wanted PC to be mainly for collecting hits and not finding hits. Not sure how much more memory that would take to remember hits so it only alerts to new hits. Also it would have to use a timer for that feature which PC can do and does with the queue watcher but I don't let panda's use timers because the cycle timer is so much better. Now that I added the search window to PC there may be a chance I could do something similar to TM. Any new feature like that would have to wait and it would probably be changed if mturk format changes so would rather just keep everything as is for now.

Reactions: <Gucci> and ducky

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score
no you have to use another script. Hit monitor or TM ...

Status
Not open for further replies.